Auto injects cons?

Sticking a needle Where? Courage, guidance and help.
RJ_in_Pa

Auto injects cons?

Postby RJ_in_Pa » Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:07 pm

The recent post of “auto injects” submitted by DRJ made many good points (Pros) for using an Auto Injector. I am still having major issues with injecting on my left side. Yesterday, I actually started to bend the needle attempting to inject on that side. It just wouldn’t go in. I switched back over to the right, got the meds in and had a successful outcome.

I am seriously considering trying an auto injector, but have some fears about it. Since I feel pain sometimes while the needle is being inserted, I pull back and adjust the angle or spot and try again. I would believe with an auto injector, it’s a quick hit, pain or no pain.

Anyone ever use an auto injector and then go back to manual insertion for whatever reasons/bad experiences? If so, what were the reasons?

Thanks,
RJ
64, Radical Prostatectomy in 2023, pills did nothing. Currently on Trimix with great success.

Old Guy

Re: Auto injects cons?

Postby Old Guy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:05 pm

When I started on Trimix the doc issued me an autoinjector. The injector worked fine but really slammed the needle and mix into you in microseconds. I see there are newer models available that stick the needle in then you press the mix in at your pace. I never used just the needle to inject.
Nov. 8, 2019
4+ years, Coloplast Titan OTR
Married 36 years to my beautiful young bride
Always here to answer questions if you PM me

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:10 pm

I started without one ...then started using one ..it pops the needle in but you control the mix .. there were 2 rings with mine that adjusted the depth of the needle .. ofr us between my bad hand and her shaky hands was a lifesaver for us.

ScrewedbyDoctors

Postby ScrewedbyDoctors » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:20 pm

I used the fast release Autoinject and I end up with a dent on the area of the injection, a dent that cause narrowing on that side of the penis
I had a trauma 2 years ago, caused me narrowing, dent and shortening. PRP injections three months ago=worse narrowing, and worse ED. Now I only have two choices: impotent or implant. Born in 1975, in a relationship with girlfriend fir 4 years

slayerinokc

Postby slayerinokc » Tue Jun 18, 2024 12:00 pm

I'm definitely going to give the Inject-Ease a try. I purchased the Owen Mumford Autoject Ei Injection Aid Device Aj1310, but have yet to use it. It just appears to really "slam" the medicine in...I should probably just brace myself and try it. :-D

Thank you!
Last edited by slayerinokc on Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

easymoney

Postby easymoney » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:55 pm

Ambbimednc inject-Ease comes with 2 rings that allow how deep the needle goes they sell them on amazon if I remember correctly.

Uncle Bill

Postby Uncle Bill » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:20 pm

Can someone post a link on where to get them. I checked amazon and so many to chose from.

RJ_in_Pa

Postby RJ_in_Pa » Tue Jun 18, 2024 10:19 pm

Search this on Amazon:

Inject-Ease Automatic Injector for Subcutaneous Injections or Depths of 1/2" or Less

I’m happy with it.
64, Radical Prostatectomy in 2023, pills did nothing. Currently on Trimix with great success.

Jayguy

Postby Jayguy » Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:12 pm

I use the Mumford device. It's been great! https://www.amazon.com/AUTOJECT-SELF-IN ... 415&sr=8-5
Birth Year 1959, Happily married to wife since 1987. On TRT since age 45, started sildenafil at age 48. Had lifesaving abdominal surgery at 61 with lost erectile function following surgery. Started trimix in January 2023 at age 63.

Return to “Injections”