First post: a few questions

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Baseballfan11

First post: a few questions

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:24 am

Hello everyone,
It feels weird posting to this forum seeing as though I'm only a 20 year old guy, but my ED problems have been pretty bad for awhile. I honestly don't think I've had a nice, firm erection since middle school. In any event, I'm aware that my urologist will likely want to mess with an array of options before giving the ok to an implant since I'm so young. However, I do have a girlfriend who has stayed with me, but the mental anguish of being so young and unable to perform has driven me off the deep end mentally, I'm constantly depressed as I'm sure everyone else here as felt as a result of this affliction. As a result, I'll take the implant if by a miracle of god it's presented as a viable, affordable enough option for my family.

Questions:
1. Being so young, would my dick be absolutely nonfunctional after having a few revision surgeries? I've heard that each surgery presents itself with a potential side effect of scar tissue, shortening, and loss in sensation. I'm hoping by the time I'm about 55 I could still be going at it with implant number 4.

2. Being this young, how will I adjust in terms of physical activity? Will basketball be out of my life for good? I've read that physical activity is not hindered by the prosthesis but I wouldn't want it to be damaged by an errant kick or pass. I also want to be able to swim, to run, etc.

3. How does one adjust clothing wise? I don't want a constant bulge appearing 24/7 for everyone to see.

4. Are revision surgeries as expensive as the initial surgery since the brands that manufacture the implants cover the devises under warranty?

5. Overall, how used to the device do you get? Does it just take the place of ED and become a new obsession (will the device fail, et)?
6. Would it screw up the device to use it almost every day? I'm young and I want to have a rich and fulfilling sex life so I would want it to be used frequently.

7. Can one masturbate flaccid without bothering using the pumps or does this harm the device?

Thank you all for reading my thread, I look forward to connecting with everyone.

Edit: would like to add that I've tried some of the PDE5 inhibitors and they haven't been effective. My T level was measured at 277 so the doc has me trying clomid now to see if that'll do anything
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

ED2013

Re: First post: a few questions

Postby ED2013 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:20 am

1 No you should be fine as long as you choose a good surgeon. There are no guarantees of course. With each revision you’ll probably actually gain size
2 You’ll be able to participate in sports just fine
3 Most ppl don’t have a problem. Some do tho and wear loose clothing or untucked shirt. Personally I like a good bulge.
4 The cost of the device itself is under warranty. Ballpark 8k cost of device.
5 It eventually becomes a part of you. Your new normal.
6 Use it as much as you like.
7 flaccid masturbation is fine. It feels a helluva lot better fully pumped hard as hell tho.

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:31 am

ED2013 wrote:1 No you should be fine as long as you choose a good surgeon. There are no guarantees of course. With each revision you’ll probably actually gain size
3 Most ppl don’t have a problem. Some do tho and wear loose clothing or untucked shirt. Personally I like a good bulge.
7 flaccid masturbation is fine. It feels a helluva lot better fully pumped hard as hell tho.

Awesome I appreciate your response! Are you a young guy just like me?
26 years old. USA. ED problem since teenage years. Doctor prescribed ED meds showing some efficacy but not a guarantee. As much as I’d like the implant I now think I should hold off if I’m seeing some results from pills

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:21 am

Baseballfan11 wrote:Hello everyone,
It feels weird posting to this forum seeing as though I'm only a 20 year old guy, but my ED problems have been pretty bad for awhile. I honestly don't think I've had a nice, firm erection since middle school. In any event, I'm aware that my urologist will likely want to mess with an array of options before giving the ok to an implant since I'm so young. However, I do have a girlfriend who has stayed with me, but the mental anguish of being so young and unable to perform has driven me off the deep end mentally, I'm constantly depressed as I'm sure everyone else here as felt as a result of this affliction. As a result, I'll take the implant if by a miracle of god it's presented as a viable, affordable enough option for my family.

Questions:
1. Being so young, would my dick be absolutely nonfunctional after having a few revision surgeries? I've heard that each surgery presents itself with a potential side effect of scar tissue, shortening, and loss in sensation. I'm hoping by the time I'm about 55 I could still be going at it with implant number 4.

2. Being this young, how will I adjust in terms of physical activity? Will basketball be out of my life for good? I've read that physical activity is not hindered by the prosthesis but I wouldn't want it to be damaged by an errant kick or pass. I also want to be able to swim, to run, etc.

3. How does one adjust clothing wise? I don't want a constant bulge appearing 24/7 for everyone to see.

4. Are revision surgeries as expensive as the initial surgery since the brands that manufacture the implants cover the devises under warranty?

5. Overall, how used to the device do you get? Does it just take the place of ED and become a new obsession (will the device fail, et)?
6. Would it screw up the device to use it almost every day? I'm young and I want to have a rich and fulfilling sex life so I would want it to be used frequently.

7. Can one masturbate flaccid without bothering using the pumps or does this harm the device?

Thank you all for reading my thread, I look forward to connecting with everyone.

Edit: would like to add that I've tried some of the PDE5 inhibitors and they haven't been effective. My T level was measured at 277 so the doc has me trying clomid now to see if that'll do anything

Hi,
First of all I am sorry you are having to deal with this at such a young age. My ED developed at age 30 and lasted 30 years until my recent implant so I understand how frustrating it is and how it messes with your mind. I hope you will be able to get yours taken care of soon.

There are guys here whose implants have lasted 12 years or so and with advancements as we move forward hopefully you won’t need so many revisions. Today most implants gain size with use and time so often when a guy gets a second implant it is a larger size than the one being replaced.

As for exercise it will only he during recovery that you will be limited. I run, bike and swim. For running I used to wear lightweight gym shorts and now prefer to wear compression shorts to hold my dick in place. For biking my I added a padded seat cover which helps with the pump in my sac. For swimming I switched from the smaller speedo briefs to a square cut with more room.

I have not changed much about the way I dress. I do show a bulge when wearing jeans, cords and khakis but wear tighter underwear with dress slacks to avoid visible penis lines. Much of it depends on how big your dick is.

Most of us with implants cycle it twice a day to maximize its size so they get a lot of use. My wife and I have sex 3-4 times a week and I masturbate every day whether it is a sex day or not. You certainly can masturbate while it is unpumped but I generally do it during cycling since it is pumped up then anyway.

I was implanted 6 months ago and during the day I pretty much have forgotten it is there. I never think about it failing. Rather, I am feelings no blessed to not have to worry anymore about getting it up, keeping it up, whether or not I can satisfy my wife, etc. Also, prior to getting it I was absolutely consumed with researching my problems. I feel like I have my life back.

If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Greg
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:35 am

Greg1956 wrote:

Questions:

Hi,
First of all I am sorry you are having to deal with this at such a young age. My ED developed at age 30 and lasted 30 years until my recent implant so I understand how frustrating it is and how it messes with your mind. I hope you will be able to get yours taken care of soon.

There are guys here whose implants have lasted 12 years or so and with advancements as we move forward hopefully you won’t need so many revisions. Today most implants gain size with use and time so often when a guy gets a second implant it is a larger size than the one being replaced.

As for exercise it will only he during recovery that you will be limited. I run, bike and swim. For running I used to wear lightweight gym shorts and now prefer to wear compression shorts to hold my dick in place. For biking my I added a padded seat cover which helps with the pump in my sac. For swimming I switched from the smaller speedo briefs to a square cut with more room.

I have not changed much about the way I dress. I do show a bulge when wearing jeans, cords and khakis but wear tighter underwear with dress slacks to avoid visible penis lines. Much of it depends on how big your dick is.

Most of us with implants cycle it twice a day to maximize its size so they get a lot of use. My wife and I have sex 3-4 times a week and I masturbate every day whether it is a sex day or not. You certainly can masturbate while it is unpumped but I generally do it during cycling since it is pumped up then anyway.

I was implanted 6 months ago and during the day I pretty much have forgotten it is there. I never think about it failing. Rather, I am feelings no blessed to not have to worry anymore about getting it up, keeping it up, whether or not I can satisfy my wife, etc. Also, prior to getting it I was absolutely consumed with researching my problems. I feel like I have my life back.

If you have more questions, don’t hesitate to ask.

Greg

Greg; thank you very much for your response. I'm amazed you've been able to live for 30 plus years with this problem. Had you not wanted an implant sooner? Thank you!

Genesis

Postby Genesis » Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:13 pm

Questions:

Right off the bat as a guy who first went to urologists at your age but ultimately put it off for 15 years, I can tell you you're doing the right thing. These are prime years of your life, and it's a shame to waste them in pity and hopelessness. FrankTalk wasn't around when I was your age, consider yourself lucky.

Do all the research, talk to the best urologists you have access to, and get all the necessary testing done to rule out every possibility. But don't put it off for later.

I have had the implant for 3 weeks now, and with every passing day it becomes more a part of me.

Your words about the psychological toll that ED with seemingly no cause takes really rings true with me.
Take it from me it will eat you away and leave lasting scars the longer you put it off.
Depression became my baseline. I am just now starting to get some self confidence back.

You can message me any time with questions and concerns, I would like to get to know you better and look forward to following your journey.
Mid 30's
Never had an erection suitable for sex
Tried Pills, Pump, and Shots with no success
Implanted with a Titan One Touch on March 9th 2018 by Dr. Carrion in Tampa.
18cm with 1.5 and 2cm RTE's. 125cc Reservoir with 90cc filled.

oldbeek

Postby oldbeek » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:04 pm

At your age, I would explore all possibilities . Dr Goldstein at San Diego sexual medecine or some one comparable should be seen first. There is a young guy In San Diego that has a web site( Broken Boner Radio) that may give you some ensite as to what your problem is. There is stem cell research being done now. If. the problem is venous leakage, I think implant is your only choice, but explore the other possibilities first.
82, good health, RP 7-2017, all nerves taken , PSA 0.05, 4-18,, .07 1/19,.05 4/19, .03 11-21, .04 11-23, implanted 4-1-18, Infra-pubic, AMS lgx 15 cm with 5cm rte. Implant at USC Keck. Dr Boyd and Dr Loh Doyle 6.5 x 5, 800 AUS 7-21-20

Baseballfan11

Postby Baseballfan11 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:06 pm

oldbeek wrote:At your age, I would explore all possibilities . Dr Goldstein at San Diego sexual medecine or some one comparable should be seen first. There is a young guy In San Diego that has a web site( Broken Boner Radio) that may give you some ensite as to what your problem is. There is stem cell research being done now. If. the problem is venous leakage, I think implant is your only choice, but explore the other possibilities first.

Fair enough, thank you. I'm just worried I'll keep trying various methods that won't work too effectively and by the time I eventually do settle for something like an implant, my youth will be behind me and I'll have lost those years.

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:32 pm

Baseballfan11 wrote:
ED2013 wrote:1 No you should be fine as long as you choose a good surgeon. There are no guarantees of course. With each revision you’ll probably actually gain size

Awesome I appreciate your response! Are you a young guy just like me?

I was implanted at age 35. Probably not young to you lol but still younger than most sufferering from ed.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:52 pm

Questions:

Welcome to the forum. Congratulations on being in a relationship with such a supportive girlfriend. Treasure her and let her know daily.

I cannot add anything useful to what has already been said in answer to your questions 2 through 7. I agree categorically.

Question 1:

Expect that your dick will be completely non-functional after the first surgery. There are credible reports of some erectile function returning after an implant, but YOU CANNOT COUNT ON IT. And penetrative sex is still out of reach. So count on being 100% dependent on the implant for coitus for the rest of your life.

That sobering thought, if it is less off-putting than your current condition will tell you if you want to go ahead with an implant or wait (possibly for a better treatment that may come next year, or tomorrow).

Implant is not a cure. It is the best treatment we have today for complete erectile failure.

Vacuum Erection Devices (VEDs) with constriction rings are a viable option for some couples, cheaper and easier to have prescribed. They also provide an interim solution and there is compelling evidence that daily use can preserve penile size and tissue health and elasticity.

Your question 8:

I spoke to a urologist who implant a young man with severe E.D. (much like your case) a few decades ago. This was just a few months before Viagra was released for use. This still bothers this Urologist. When I spoke to this Doctor, he suggested (since I had a LOT of serious questions) that I might look into emerging technologies and solutions. There are a few. But Dr. Eid (who is a world-class specialist in implant surgery) also told me in an email that every year you wait is a year without sex and we only have so many years on this planet to have fulfilling lives. (Not a direct quote)

My advice: Try the VED, if not for sex (which I found to be inadequately satisfying) but to preserve the health of your penile tissues. Medical grade ones are expensive and high quality but "novelty" store models are very nearly as good (though perhaps not as durable) and a LOT cheaper and do not require a prescription. I suggest you get one with a vacuum gauge. You can also make your own for about $50 from cheap parts and an automotive vacuum pump (used for evacuating hydraulic systems). This has been posted in the forum before.

Then, read, read, read and talk to you Doctor about what you find in 1) Medical Journal articles and 2) this forum and 3) Dr. Kramer's and Dr. Eid's web sites and any others that apear legitimate (You may find many that are sleazy or filled with spurious advertisements for questionable E.D. "cures". These sites can be discouraging. Ignore the feeling.

Review your lifestyle. Exercise, eat healthy, keep your blood glucose and lipids within a healthy range (I assume your Doctor(s) have monitored these, as they can cause E.D., though usually only in the long term)
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Return to “Implants”