My story and current issue

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
bionicvelo

My story and current issue

Postby bionicvelo » Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:43 pm

So I was implanted on 12/26/17, stayed overnight and went home the next day. I had a followup with my surgeon last Wednesday, was feeling okay and swelling had gone down a lot.

The problem I've been having is that I was prescribed celaphexin for a week, and I got a bit of a flush feeling and aftertaste in nose and mouth as time went on, but otherwise felt okay. Of course the day after my checkup I started getting it worse, and have been feeling very fatigued. I think I got dehydrated on it as well.

I spoke to my doctor's office Friday and they said to just drink a lot of fluids to clear out the antibiotic, but wondering if something else could be going on with the implant as it's not really improving. Just looking to see if anyone had something similar to me, I will of course pursue it with my Doctor Monday if it's still an issue, or urgent care, etc, if I feel it necessary.

I appreciate any feedback, after the 7 days I thought I was home free as I was healing well and swelling was almost completely gone.
45 years old, married 12 years. Implanted Mar 12/17. (AMS MS).

Anonymous3

Re: My story and current issue

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:52 am

You having a reaction to the antibotic. I had a reaction to the Neosprian then a reaction to the Spero. My primary care put me on heavy duty steriods. My reccomendation talk to you primary care and have them consult with your surgeron. Use your medical team.

From now on you need to let any dr know you are allergic to it

It Keflex I am allergic to it also.

Have you stopped taking it? You should be right at the point you are off of it

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedheal ... de_effects

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:15 am

I agree with Turner..... sounds like a reaction to the antibiotics..... One of the hardest things post surgery is keeping "the worrying" under control. Your implant is probably OK and after you get past this antibiotic problem you can get back to "normal worrying"..... Good luck!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:44 am

Do not take Keflex again .You are now allegic to it. The body is funny you can take or eat something all your life and one day your body decides fuck it I dont like this anymore. That happened to my wife and penicillin, put her in antphitic shock

bionicvelo

Postby bionicvelo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:53 pm

Thanks all for the feedback, the worrying is indeed difficult and I deal with anxiety related to prior health issues, so it goes off the charts sometimes making things feel even worse than they really are.

I was done with the Keflex on Wednesday morning, just wasn't sure if a reaction would take that long, ie almost the full course, to fully show up.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:11 pm

Drugs and bodies reactions are funny. Prior to surgery was allegic to nam brand Neosporin but not the generic. This time even the generic cause a rash. Then the dr put me on sepro because of a sharp pain down the ureatha wanted to make sure it was not uti. The rash got worse. To see how bad search my post about red dick. I think I did a picture.

Since you had almost finished the course it just showed up late. If it does not clear up follow with your care team

bionicvelo

Postby bionicvelo » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:17 pm

Oh man, that sounds pretty painful. I've been pretty fortunate up until this point with recovery I think, was happy my balls weren't the size of an orange haha.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:24 pm

To make worse my incesion followed the circumcision scar.

bionicvelo

Postby bionicvelo » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:38 pm

I thought I'd give a followup on my status.
I'm at 3 weeks out tomorrow. The fatigue thing lasted the entire week 2. I'm fortunate that I work from home, and in this case I worked from bed quite a bit.

I've played with the device a bit, it still hurts to squeeze the ball and I'm not sure what % inflated I'm able to get it. I've only tried it a couple of times due to the pain in squeeing the ball, and in the tip of my penis when it's inflating. I'm not sure how to know what % I'm at, I suppose I'll know better when there's less pain and I can cycle regularly.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:25 am

When did your dr tell you to start cycling? Normally you dont start till at least 4 weeks. There are some their dr had them start at 3 days.
You sac is still swollen that the pain there when you cycle. Make damn sure you can find and acctivate the deflate button.

The pain in the head is normal you are breaking scar tissue and streching skin. Both pains will eventually go away. If you have been cleared for hot baths the helps the pump. I hope you are squeeze the pump not the orginal residents in your sac. That would hurt like hell and you would never inflate :o

The % of inflation is not real important the dr left you some where around 30 as you heal. When you start cycling you will pump the pump till it is rock hard and can not squeeze it any more. Stay maxed as long as you can stand it. Some people take Tylenol or Motrin. Activate the delate button. With the other hand squezze your dick and kinda do a reveres jacking stokes. You want to get as much fluid ba k to tge resivior as possible. If you are not hurting too bad repeat the whole process.

All of this should be explained by your dr or patient educator at the appointment where you are taught how to use the pump. If you do not have it ask for your keyring model. It a rubber model of your pump with an instruction card. To help locate the deflation vavle study the layout feel the layout. Once you can see and feel it. Take it put it i. A washcloth, close your eyes and pratice finding and using the deflate valve.

couple words of caution again make sure you can deflate before pummping.
Everything is stiff when new. It will sofeten up the more you cycle. Get your wife or partner involved show her how everything works. She may not be able to take you maxed out , could be painfull for both of you. Let her feel it and see it maxec out. Do l8ke most of us measure girth and length. That way in a few months or 6 months you can remeasure.

Most importantly follow your dr orders and dont rush it. Your dick did not break overnight so waiting a few weeks or days more frustrating yes but will not hurt. Where as rushing could hurt. My wife still will not touch my pump after 4 months. She insistead we not do anything for the full 6 weeks. BE PATIENT and when it time have fun. The first couple of times go slow

Return to “Implants”