I think my pump is broken

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Larry10625

Re: I think my pump is broken

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:15 am

Ok guys, I have a question. I cycled at week 3, like I was told. I had a really hard time finding the deflate, in fact, my wife had to go looking for me. She said she heard it. Yesterday I went to inflate it again. After about 10 squeezes it didn't seem to inflate anymore. So I went to deflate it and I think I deflated it but again I got my wife to check. She squeezed with everything she had and it hurt like hell. Now, does it completely and totally deflate when you press the button or do I have to help it or hold the button down until it's done? It still feels really hard on the sides? I will call my doctor when he is back from the holidays. I just thought that if I could solve this NOW, I could alleviate this tremendous discomfort.

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:30 am

Larry
I know for mine I hold valve and squeeze with the other hand and kinda milk it. PM Donnie I think he has the same model you have. I know his is an Ams so the pump should be the same. You will know when you break the scar tissue and it fully seats. My early pumps were like 15 to 20. The day it full seated and broke scar tissue was close to 70. Now 40 is maxed out

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:35 am

hturner12 wrote:Larry
I know for mine I hold valve and squeeze with the other hand and kinda milk it. PM Donnie I think he has the same model you have. I know his is an Ams so the pump should be the same. You will know when you break the scar tissue and it fully seats. My early pumps were like 15 to 20. The day it full seated and broke scar tissue was close to 70. Now 40 is maxed out

Thanks Hugh, that sounds reassuring. :)

Larry

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 am

Larry
Initially when you deflate the ams you hold the button and squeeze your penis down. After a while when the pump loosens and functions easily it is a one touch. You can feel it snap and when you let go it will auto deflate. These damn pumps are just so hard and stiff they take a little to break in. At 7 mos post op mine is now very easy to operate. Early on i never thought it would get softer and more pliable but it does. Be patient and work it. I will definately get better. Hope this helps !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:00 am

Bandit wrote:Larry
Initially when you deflate the ams you hold the button and squeeze your penis down. After a while when the pump loosens and functions easily it is a one touch. You can feel it snap and when you let go it will auto deflate. These damn pumps are just so hard and stiff they take a little to break in. At 7 mos post op mine is now very easy to operate. Early on i never thought it would get softer and more pliable but it does. Be patient and work it. I will definately get better. Hope this helps !
Bandit

Thanks Bandit, it does. Roughly how long before the pump loosens up a bit?

Larry

reallynow48

Postby reallynow48 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:48 am

Isn't it wild you have to work with something even after surgery to get it to work right? Unreal. Maybe I will get to use it one day. Lets see, not going to knock others experience with there implant, but if you read the posts on here, its like, pump it up to get it loose, lay in a bath to make it loose, etc. I wonder if I stand on my head in 0 degree weather as we had this morning, naked, with a pair of channel locks, could I get the pump to depress? Its kinda disheartening to hear of so many stories of guys having so many damn problems with these implants. Maybe this is why more men struggle with ED now in record numbers, BUT implant numbers are at an all time low and continuing to decline every day.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/23/health/pe ... index.html
53 yo Caucasian with AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm extensions. Surgery at the beginning of Dec, 2017. Type 2 Diabetic.

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:05 pm

Larry wrote

Larry
It gets easy at about 2 mos. then 4-5 mos it gets where you can pump with one hand. So what i do when cycling is 20 wall to wall pumps. Then wait a few minutes and do increments of 10 pumps. 40 is plenty for sex. Can get to 60 and hold for an hour or so. I know it feels like you ll never get there but you will.

And Really,
You are so right. Why cant the pump be made to be soft and easy to operate from the begining. With the technology we have today you should be able to get an app for your iphone requesting your unit be pumped to a certain psi. Wouldnt that be great !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

reallynow48

Postby reallynow48 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:15 pm

Bandit wrote:
Larry wrote

Larry
It gets easy at about 2 mos. then 4-5 mos it gets where you can pump with one hand. So what i do when cycling is 20 wall to wall pumps. Then wait a few minutes and do increments of 10 pumps. 40 is plenty for sex. Can get to 60 and hold for an hour or so. I know it feels like you ll never get there but you will.

And Really,
You are so right. Why cant the pump be made to be soft and easy to operate from the begining. With the technology we have today you should be able to get an app for your iphone requesting your unit be pumped to a certain psi. Wouldnt that be great !
Bandit

My wife has worked in healthcare for almost 38 years and there have been rumblings that since the popularity of implants has waned and the substantial problems post op, that insurance companies may start looking at this surgery not as a medical need but as a cosmetic need. If that happens they will no longer cover the surgeries. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Most guys that have this surgery, the cost does not end there. Insurance companies shouldn't carry the burden of such "risky" and problematic surgeries. Plus you don't even get the maximum benefit of the implant until a full year has gone by. Damn. :shock:
53 yo Caucasian with AMS 700 LGX 18cm with 4cm extensions. Surgery at the beginning of Dec, 2017. Type 2 Diabetic.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:33 pm

reallynow48 wrote:
Bandit wrote:
Larry wrote

Larry

And Really,
Bandit

My wife has worked in healthcare for almost 38 years and there have been rumblings that since the popularity of implants has waned and the substantial problems post op, that insurance companies may start looking at this surgery not as a medical need but as a cosmetic need. If that happens they will no longer cover the surgeries. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Most guys that have this surgery, the cost does not end there. Insurance companies shouldn't carry the burden of such "risky" and problematic surgeries. Plus you don't even get the maximum benefit of the implant until a full year has gone by. Damn. :shock:

Personally, I believe that popularity has waned because the companies have done a very poor job of letting men know that implants even exist. I accidentally discovered implants when I accidentally discovered this website. I am glad I did both. :)

Larry

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:36 pm

The decrease in payment for all ED in the US is tied to Obama care and forgot the actual name of the law but it refered to as Grandpa dont need sex lae

Return to “Implants”