Revision to re-locate pump?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
radioradio

Revision to re-locate pump?

Postby radioradio » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:54 pm

Does anyone out there wish their pump was in a different position?

Mine is high (to me, anyway) and in the front of my scrotum. The corner of the inflation block can be pretty uncomfortable, poking out at the base of my penis. I'm scheduled to have a revision in December, and am having second thoughts. I have heard through a friend who is in contact with many implantees that several guys have complained to him that their pump is low and behind their balls -- just where I think I'd like mine. That it is uncomfortable when they are sitting. Now I'm thinking I'm a bit crazy.

Has anyone had their pump re-positioned? From where to where?
Are you glad you had it done?
Is anyone else thinking of having this done?
Can anyone say they don't even notice their new third rock hard nut?

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

pumpitup

Re: Revision to re-locate pump?

Postby pumpitup » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:35 pm

When I had the AMS 700 cx, the pump was about the centre of my scrotum, at the front. Now with the titan it is at the bottom and close to my left nut. I've had a go at inflating a couple of times, but if I am not careful it feels like I am squashing my left nut, I can asure you I'm not, I think the vas is getting caught between my finger and the pump. I'ts hard to feel what is going on, there's not much room down there.
AMS 700cx (18cm) implanted 1993,failed Aug 2017, Surgeon Professor Peter Heathcoat, Brisbane. Revision done on 16-10-17 with Titan (22+1) Surgeon A/Professor Eric Chung, Brisbane. I live on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia. Borne 1951.

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:59 pm

Wow pumpitup your implant lasted 24 years, and you were 42 when you got it. That is awesome.

Now for the question at hand. My pump is in the center between my testicles, but I can move it around which help me keep a spot that is not sore for regular pumping up. It seems that every pump must heal in a different way. Moveing mine to the back seems like it would be uncomfortable if it was always there. I like it better moved forward. I'm thinking that you might want to forget that revision if you are able to pump OK.

Cheers
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

TomW46

Postby TomW46 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 pm

That it is uncomfortable when they are sitting. Now I'm thinking I'm a bit crazy.

I'm only on day 21 but my pump is behind my testicles and I do have a problem sitting. I used a donut up until a couple days ago. I have to sit and get up carefully or the pump sends me a pain. When I sit I have to rock back to keep the pump out from under me. I'm hoping this will get better with more time.
Age 72, wife is 52. 20+1 cm Titan Touch implanted by Dr. Kramer on 18 October 2017. Revision to AMS LGX 21+2 cm on 11 June 2018 by Dr. Carrion at Tampa General. Age-related ED + slight Peyronies bend (left) and slight hourglass in the center.

Greg1956

Postby Greg1956 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:06 am

Bob,
My pump is low in my sac below both balls. I used to have lowhangers but a doctor prescribed Androgel ((for Low-T) even though I didn’t have a low testosterone count. He said it might help my erections. Anyway all that happened was my balls shrunk dramatically and as they got smaller and lighter in weight, they no longer hung down and my sac tightened up.

When discussing pump placement with my doc he suggested placing it low and I just took his word for it that was a good move. I am very happy with this placement for two reasons. First, the pump is in a very accessible position where I can easily inflate and deflate. Second. And an unexpected benefit, the pump and the tubing from the other components of the implant have filled out my scrotum and make it appear like I have larger balls and indeed now that my sac is stretched out compared to what it was, my balls seem to be dropping back down a bit.

Aside from the first couple weeks I have no discomfort at all from the pump being below my testicles. I will ad if I still had big balls and they were weighting down the pump and everything was squished together, it may be uncomfortable. You asked if anyone doesn’t even notice their third but. The majority of the time I don’t, but there are moments when I do.
I am 64 and had ED from a VL. Implanted by Dr. Ronald Anglade in Atlanta on 9/18/17. I have an AMS700LGX 21 cm via a Penoscrotal incision. Very happy with results. 6" soft and 6 3/4” x 5 5/8” hard.

Anonymous3

Postby Anonymous3 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:00 am

My left nut is lower, pump a littler higher and right nut just a little higher . Works good. My dr said he built a pouch (elevator shaft) for my pump

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:04 am

Greg1956 wrote:Bob,
My pump is low in my sac below both balls. I used to have lowhangers but a doctor prescribed Androgel ((for Low-T) even though I didn’t have a low testosterone count. He said it might help my erections. Anyway all that happened was my balls shrunk dramatically and as they got smaller and lighter in weight, they no longer hung down and my sac tightened up.

When discussing pump placement with my doc he suggested placing it low and I just took his word for it that was a good move. I am very happy with this placement for two reasons. First, the pump is in a very accessible position where I can easily inflate and deflate. Second. And an unexpected benefit, the pump and the tubing from the other components of the implant have filled out my scrotum and make it appear like I have larger balls and indeed now that my sac is stretched out compared to what it was, my balls seem to be dropping back down a bit.

Aside from the first couple weeks I have no discomfort at all from the pump being below my testicles. I will ad if I still had big balls and they were weighting down the pump and everything was squished together, it may be uncomfortable. You asked if anyone doesn’t even notice their third but. The majority of the time I don’t, but there are moments when I do.

Greg,
Thanks. I had been on Androgel for 15 years prior to my prostatectomy, and just resumed a month ago. It definitely made my balls shrink, but I am amazed at how much more of an impact the new round of Androgel has had already. First, I feel much better and more alive. Second, my nuts have shrunk to the size of, well, nuts -- like maybe cashews!
So I have plenty of room available down lower I think.
I am really torn. I love my new dick, and if the location of my pump was the way all pumps worked out -- if that was just the way an implant worked -- I'd live with it and be grateful. And I can't help but wonder if I have it re-positioned whether it will feel better, or just different. Thanks for sharing that you're comfortable with the low version.

Anyone else?

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:35 am

Radio
Pump position on my first implant in 2014 was perfect for me - slightly lower than balls and I could move it front to back. On the revison, the pump bulb is level with my balls and the release portion of the pump is as high as it can get in my scrotum. Both pumping and release are difficult compared to first pump because of location.

My first thought was to have another revision to relocate this pump, but I have had so many problems with this revison - hematoma in scrotum, allergic reaction to anaesthesia which caused severe nausea for 10-12 days post surgery, allergic reaction to Bactrim post surgery, infection of incision with another course of antibiotc - and finally poor pump position - I have decided to live with what I have rather than take a chance going through this again right now.

Everyone is different - my first surgery was as smooth as they get but not the revision.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:22 pm

My first implant had the pump very close to my Left Testicle. Dr said he puts it there because he is right-handed!!!
He also said it would loosen up.
It wasn't until I tried pumping that I remembered/realized that 30 years earlier I had surgery on my left side for blocked sperm duct that had made the left testicle VERY tender if squeezed or knocked in a certain way. Basically it was impossible for me to grab the pump without extreme pain. Dr offered to remove the testicle.
Went to another Dr who gave me a whole new implant(other technical problems with the first) . He put a barrier to protect the testicle and positioned the pump outside the barrier, low down in the middle. I have had zero pain since...
At suggestion of Dr I have used VED while flaccid to help with length. This causes manual pump to go to the top of the sac which makes it a lot harder to squeeze so I am very glad with the revision location(down low).
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

Return to “Implants”