Do I need someone there?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Sirsarcastic

Do I need someone there?

Postby Sirsarcastic » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:02 pm

I'm going to be travelling to my doctor by train (7 hours) and I was curious if I need someone with me? After surgery will I be able to move around enough to catch a train and take cabs and so on? I'd really prefer to go alone so I'm hoping this is possible
23 years old, Canada. Diagnosed with severe peyronies 2 years ago. Corrected by Dr. Brock on Dec 14th 2017. Titan

Jawalt

Re: Do I need someone there?

Postby Jawalt » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:24 pm

First - Good luck on your endeavor. Next, I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer. If all goes well, you will be safe by yourself; but, if there are problems, a helper would be needed. You are young and I assume, in good health. With that said, I think you would have good odds in trying it alone. I say that with full knowledge that I had to have considerable help. Your Doctor may be able to give you a bit of advice but I for one would have to have help. Again - Good Luck!
Implanted Dec 2016 by Dr. Morey, UTSW Dallas. AMS 700. BPH caused problems so Supra Pubic Catheter and Urolift Prostate implants. End results great. Botched implant by Dr. in Waco, TX 2006. After 10 years, went to Dr. Morey who made me whole.

AirWolf

Postby AirWolf » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:26 pm

It's obviously not ideal and a bit risky if there are complications. But I flew half way across the country and did everything on my own. I had the hotel room stocked with enough food for 3 or 4 days. Everyone is different, but I had surgery on Wednesday. By Friday I was able to walk around for about 15 minutes before I could feel like I was pushing it. By Saturday I could double or triple that and walk around several times at about 15 minutes each. And then flew back home on Sunday.

So yes, it's possible. I, too, actually preferred to do this on my own. Just know you'll be walking slow with small steps, and take every opportunity to sit and relax. Better to be overly cautious at that stage.
ED since 35 with no known cause -- injections successful for over a decade with 10/1/30 and less than 20units but that became ineffective. Implanted penoscratally by Dr. Kramer of Baltimore on 9/13/17 with AMS 700 LGX 21cm + 0.5cm RTE at 47 years old

medhatg

Postby medhatg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:59 pm

Sirsarcastic wrote:I'm going to be travelling to my doctor by train (7 hours) and I was curious if I need someone with me? After surgery will I be able to move around enough to catch a train and take cabs and so on? I'd really prefer to go alone so I'm hoping this is possible

Book a hotel near the doctors office, hang around for few days. Make sure you stock your room with food. I traveled back home 3 days after, one hour flight and it was very painful.

Dustyknox

Postby Dustyknox » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:12 pm

I think medhatg gave you good advice. In the first couple hours after surgery, I could move around without issue. By that night, I was probably in the worst pain of my life. There is no way I could have done all of that. I have a very high pain tolerance too. I didn’t take any pain meds when I had shoulder surgery. Ideally you should be laying down after surgery as well. You will likely increase swelling and pain by doing so much, and it may prolong your recovery. Be very cautious how you sit. Dr Eid warned me that some newly implanted patients will sit on the pump pushing it into an undesirable area. This may require additional surgery to relocate the device.

This will arguably be the most important surgery of your life, I wouldn’t push it.
Age & staus: mid 30s and single
Implant date: September 8, 2017
Implant model: Coloplast Titan 24cm (no RTE)
Doctor: Eid
ED cause: Propecia (10 years plus of ED)
My story thread: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8775

shadowwolfe

Postby shadowwolfe » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:38 pm

I rode the tgv to the hospital but it was only 1.5 hours since the tgv is fast.

I opted to not take the train home but I could have. I was more concerned about being exposed to so many people and didn't want to catch something.

I had no pain after the surgery or the long ride home.

Good luck.
Prostate cancer at age 38? Implant Titan OTR April 28, 2011, Salt Lake City, UT. Line broke 2017 because pump was placed too high and a line was pinched. Replacement October 10, 2017 Reims, France with the new model Titan OTR.

Gordon

Postby Gordon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:16 pm

Your biggest problem will probably being uncomfortable sitting up with your scrotum being sore. Get a doughnut shaped cushion to sit on on your journey home.
Married 64
AMS LGX 700 2/15/2017

warrenw

Postby warrenw » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:33 pm

Sirsarcastic wrote:I'm going to be travelling to my doctor by train (7 hours) and I was curious if I need someone with me? After surgery will I be able to move around enough to catch a train and take cabs and so on? I'd really prefer to go alone so I'm hoping this is possible

Ask your doctor. If you have a catheter or he needs to examine you that could delay travel. I would plan on staying for two rest days after the surgery and travel on the third day.
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:50 pm

Read my posts about my experience. I did it all alone and there are a few pointers in there. You will need at least two full days and nights in a hotel to recover before you travel home.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

HEMAN99

Postby HEMAN99 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:04 pm

I’m quite young 33years.... I would strongly suggest that you have someone with you. I had an implant 25 days ago...The pain/ discomfort is terrible until 18 days... You would regret not getting someone...
Got Implanted on Sep 20th with Dr. Kramer. I have 16cm+5cm rte CXR

Return to “Implants”