AMS Boston Scientifica financial assistance program

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jayham

AMS Boston Scientifica financial assistance program

Postby Jayham » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:14 pm

Hello everyone hope all is well. I recently got denied a second time for implant surgery by BCBS. My doctor sent a pamphlet from AMS outlining their financial assistance program and grant program to help with the cost after being denied by your insurance. Has anyone on here ever used this program or called for info? Before I waste more energy and get more frustrated I wanted to check with y'all first. Thank you all
42 years old married 13 years and live outside San Antonio, TX. Tried pills, injections, plication surgery, pumps and rings with limited success. Was scheduled for an implant but have been denied twice by BCBS.

Jonesey

Re: AMS Boston Scientifica financial assistance program

Postby Jonesey » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Wish I would have known about the program, I have BCBS myself, I paid cash for my surgery the hospital did give me a discount, but it still cost me around 12 k.
56 yo ED from Peyronies Disease with 50% curvature over the last 3 years. Tried taking Trental, verapamil cr, traction device and VED for 2-1/2 years.Implanted 9/11/17 AMS 700CX byTimothy Langford from Arkansas Urology Little Rock,Ar.

David_R

Postby David_R » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Jayham, sometimes a doctor's office will contact your insurance company for you, and point out that if they cover breast reconstruction after a mastectomy -- which is not done to save a life but to make the life more "complete" -- then they should also cover penile implants. (When I had my worn-out implant replaced with a new one in 2014, BCBS covered the part that was not covered by Medicare.)

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:17 am

Wow, 12K is really inexpensive compared to other surgeons!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Return to “Implants”