Dr Kramer/Pre-Op Consultation

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
firstcav46

Dr Kramer/Pre-Op Consultation

Postby firstcav46 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:13 am

I have a question for those who have been implanted, repaired by Dr. Kramer.

I have a removal/replace surgery scheduled with him on Oct. 19. My case is a bit unique. I was not referred by any urologist because no one has been able to identify the cause of the burning/pain I have suffered the past two years (after implant by Milam).

So, I got the appointment with Dr. Kramer on my own, unsure of whether a new implant will help. Problem is that his office has been sort of sketchy about a consultation with him.

I was offered a consult the day of the surgery, but his secretary told me that, "I imagine it is rushed." That was not a confidence builder for me since my case needs a bit of explaining and demonstrating.

The other alternative was to work me in the afternoon on the day I fly in for a 3 pm appointment, but I was warned there would be a long wait.

I am disappointed that there was not a scheduled consultation well before surgery where my wife and I could meet with Kramer and explain in detail the problems I've had. He is the last resort for me.

Thoughts, suggestions from anyone would be appreciated
71. Married 35 yrs to sexy woman; ED at 62; pills/injections eventual fails; AMS implant 5/29/14 (Dr. Milam); yr later - severe burning, pain around shaft on inflation. Remove & replace with Coloplast Titan 10/18/17 (Dr. Kramer).
Auburn, Ala.

warrenw

Re: Dr Kramer/Pre-Op Consultation

Postby warrenw » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:44 am

I would suggest emailing him directly, explain your situation, and see what he suggests.
My first contact with him was via email and I got a quick detailed response.

His email is already on the forum so here it is again: Kramer, Andrew <AKramer@som.umaryland.edu>
Implant - Dr Eid 12/2017, Titan Touch 20/21cm no RTE, 125cc reservoir

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:23 am

I too suggest you email him and also TALK with him as I did before gong to Baltimore. He provided all the answers to the questions I asked about. He will be more then pleased to work with you and if the email here does not work, let me know and I will reach out to him. I have sent people to him for surgery and they were all very pleased with the outcome.

Part of your problem may be the Dr. who you mentioned as he does not have the best of records here from my previous readings. If I remember, he worked out of Vanderbilt and if that is him, he really did a terrible job for one member here.

Good luck
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:15 am

Agreed. Shoot him an email and I am sure he will call you.
Bob 2.2
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:00 pm

My wife and I first met with Dr Kramer the afternoon before my revision surgery. We waited maybe 15 minutes. If he was rushed, he did not show it. He took the time to annswer all our questions.
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

Return to “Implants”