Is it Just Me?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
IJN1324

Is it Just Me?

Postby IJN1324 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:54 pm

Not looking for a whole debate on the quality of my surgeon, i am just curious if anyone else is experiencing my symptoms.

I am peeing a whole lot more, and I cannot hold my pee like i used to. When i go to use the bathroom when i am pressed, i notice that i leak a whole lot of urine.

I may have seen the answers to this in an earlier post.
700 LGX 21+2 Kramer 4.12.17

Lost Sheep

Re: Is it Just Me?

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:14 pm

IJN1324 wrote:Not looking for a whole debate on the quality of my surgeon, i am just curious if anyone else is experiencing my symptoms.

I am peeing a whole lot more, and I cannot hold my pee like i used to. When i go to use the bathroom when i am pressed, i notice that i leak a whole lot of urine.

What did Dr Kramer say when you asked him?
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:29 pm

My stress incontinence stopped completely as soon as I was implanted. And now I have a hard time getting the last few drops out when I'm finished. Kramer explained to me yesterday that the cylinders can compress the urethra (fixing the incontinence) and the urethra is stretched out from the prostatectomy and now from the cylinders. All of that longitudinal stress decreases the urethra's ability to eject the remaining urine. I don't know, but I sort of get it. I'm okay with the exchange -- haven't worn a pad since the implant. :D

I do seem to pee often some days, but that whole issue has been whacked out ever since the prostatectomy, so I don't even know what "normal" is for me anymore.

Bob 2.1
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:22 am

radioradio wrote:My stress incontinence stopped completely as soon as I was implanted. And now I have a hard time getting the last few drops out when I'm finished. Kramer explained to me yesterday that the cylinders can compress the urethra (fixing the incontinence) and the urethra is stretched out from the prostatectomy and now from the cylinders. All of that longitudinal stress decreases the urethra's ability to eject the remaining urine. I don't know, but I sort of get it. I'm okay with the exchange -- haven't worn a pad since the implant. :D

I do seem to pee often some days, but that whole issue has been whacked out ever since the prostatectomy, so I don't even know what "normal" is for me anymore.

Bob 2.1

Is there any change in any of your meds?

Larry

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:29 pm

IJN1324 wrote:Not looking for a whole debate on the quality of my surgeon, i am just curious if anyone else is experiencing my symptoms.

You need to start kegel exercises. Did Kramer examine you bladder before your implant? Dr. Hakky does a cystoscopy to check for possible problems. Also make sure you are deflating it completely or the cylinders will slow down the flow and hold back the last drops.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:33 pm

One more thing. when you get finished peeing, your balls from the back and pull up as you can milk the last bit out. There are a lot of thing your surgeon can do to fix that, or at less minimize it.
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Tybeeman wrote:You need to start kegel exercises. Did Kramer examine you bladder before your implant? Dr. Hakky does a cystoscopy to check for possible problems. Also make sure you are deflating it completely or the cylinders will slow down the flow and hold back the last drops.

Or he may actually need to do reverse kegels. What may have happened is the trauma and pain from the surgery caused CPPS/Chronic Prostatitis which is now squeezing the PC muscle continuously, making it harder to empty the bladder. So, this causes one to have to pee more. Kegels would make this worse, while reverse kegels would help.

You may want to visit a physical therapist who specializes in the pelvic floor to do an examination.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:17 pm

JayGould wrote:
Tybeeman wrote:You need to start kegel exercises. Did Kramer examine you bladder before your implant? Dr. Hakky does a cystoscopy to check for possible problems. Also make sure you are deflating it completely or the cylinders will slow down the flow and hold back the last drops.

Or he may actually need to do reverse kegels. What may have happened is the trauma and pain from the surgery caused CPPS/Chronic Prostatitis which is now squeezing the PC muscle continuously, making it harder to empty the bladder. So, this causes one to have to pee more. Kegels would make this worse, while reverse kegels would help.

You may want to visit a physical therapist who specializes in the pelvic floor to do an examination.

True
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:54 pm

What's a Reverse Kegel?
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Return to “Implants”