New Here with 1 Question (for now!)

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
TheProfessor

New Here with 1 Question (for now!)

Postby TheProfessor » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:53 pm

Gentlemen!

I appreciate the honest views expressed in this forum. I'm about 14 months post-RP and doing fine, except for the ED. The doc did a nerve-sparing procedure with the robot, but I guess the nerves are still asleep.

I met with a qualified surgeon today who said I'm a prime candidate for an implant. You guys were right: When he grabbed my little dude I thought he was going to pull him right out of my body! Not the most pleasant experience I've ever had! LOL

Here's my question for the night: as my user name suggests, I'm a professor at a small college. This semester I teach one day a week in a 4-hour block. How much down time should I expect from this surgery? Will I miss more than one week of class? If so, then I probably need to wait until the semester is over, but then there's Christmas, then the January term, and then the spring semester. I can miss a week of class, but 2 weeks is pushing it.

Thanks! I await your helpful responses.
The Professor

RP July 2016
Gleason 3+4=7
Peyronies
AMS Implant March 2019

University Professor of History

Jerryf

Re: New Here with 1 Question (for now!)

Postby Jerryf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:02 pm

I was implanted July 18 of this year. Just over a month. My doc said two weeks off work. 6 weeks till activation. He was right. Two weeks are a bitch. You do not want to be on your feet for 4chours the second week. Plan on two weeks out. On week 3 I went back half days and worked up to full days end of week three. Good luck we are with you.
Turning 60 August of 2017. July 18 of 2017 implanted with ams 700. Have had ED for over 15 years. Diabetic for 20 years. Had five heart bypassed done in 2013. Married 37 years.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Depends on how good your surgeon is and..... Simple good luck... I'd try for the two week window, at least. My first implant (poor choice of surgeon) was very painful for a month and somewhat painful for a year. My revision by Dr Perito was much easier... I had sex on day 17.... My third implant was a bit slower healing but not particularly painful....

IT IS WORTH IT!!! Good luck.)))
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:10 pm

Professor,

If I understand your schedule correctly, you can miss one week by not teaching a four hour session. Is the question then, will you be able to handle a four hour session one week later? If you were to have your surgery the day after your class, skip the next week's class, and the show up the following week, you'd be 13 days post-op. I think you should be able to do that. Might have some discomfort, but very doable. Standing in front of a class with a partially inflated woody might be a problem though. :roll:

Bob 2.0
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:18 am

Radio is correct.
I am a teacher and was done on a Tuesday, flew 2 hrs home on the Thursday and went back to full day teaching on the following Monday. It can be done.
I am extremely fit from surfing and swimming and always recover quickly from surgery.
If you are in good shape your recovery could be similar. I barely took any painkillers but I did need those 4 or 5 days before returning to work to lay with an ice pack on my nut sack!
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

radiodec

Postby radiodec » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:33 am

From my point of view, I tend to heal fast and have little pain, you should be able to make this a go. Like mentioned earlier, if you can schedule the surgery for right after the class or on the next day you should be fine.

Depending on your lecture environment, a tall stool might help. Plenty of rest just before the first lecture after will help too. Fairly tight underwear, dressing that half woody straight up and loose slack might help the initial concealment. Be brutally honest with yourself on assessing your pain threshold and tolerance. Then go for it

Whatever your choices, may the best fortune in the land of implants be yours.

David
70 - married 47 years: RP - 2000, injections till 2012, AMS700LGX with 21cm tubes 2cm extenders 11/7/2012, failed 6/5/2017 --- Re-implanted 8/18/2017 with AMS 700CX -- Implants by Dr. David Morris, Hendersonville,TN

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:02 am

I Had surgery on wed. and could have worked the following Monday without a problem. Drove home on Saturday after surgery (7 hrs) without a problem. You just don't want to jog or ride a bike for a while.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:46 am

I was off work for one week after my implant was inserted in 2002. But I have a desk job, one which does not require a lot of standing, and the kind of "work" you are returning to really is a major part of the experience.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:51 am

I had a slow recovery. No pain just sore and I was able to do my first day of work 8 days after surgery. I think your job will allow you to move from standing to seating which will help. For me staying in one position got uncomfortable. Try to schedule it close to the day after a call then skip the next class and you will be fine
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:16 am

You should be fine. Wear loose fitting clothes and a long coat or shirt. Remember black board boners? We'll this one doesn't go down. You may have to excuse yourself and privately let junior free . If you had one that wouldn't get or stay up the inconvenience is worth it.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”