Tender Scrotum Causes Pumping Issues

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
smartin

Tender Scrotum Causes Pumping Issues

Postby smartin » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:44 pm

First of all, I want to say that this forum and the guys who contribute to it are just awesome. If I had discovered it earlier in my battle against ED, I almost certainly would have pulled the trigger on getting an implant sooner.

I had my AMS 700 MS implanted on July 10th, so on Monday it’ll be four weeks. I had my “activation” appointment yesterday, where the AMS person comes to the urologist’s office and gives a lesson on how to work the thing. (She was great looking, which, of course, didn’t bother me in the least, and made me more anxious to be able to put my new bionic body part to good use.) I was then given the go-ahead to start using it, which struck me as not bad for having only been implanted 4 weeks ago. I’ve been practicing inflating and deflating, but am having a bit of difficulty. The main reason is that the bulb is quite firm – firmer than I expected it would be – and takes a number of really hard squeezes to do its job. Since the skin on my scrotum is still very sensitive and tender (as is the skin on my penis), I have to stop squeezing sooner than I probably would like. I do get an erection that I’m almost sure would be sufficient for sex (though I haven’t traveled that road yet), but I feel like I’m shortchanging myself on size just because I can’t stand to pump it up more. I’m not very big to begin with – maybe 4 inches – so I need all the pumping I can muster. I have the same issue when deflating, though that isn’t quite as bad.

Is this issue – really sensitive/tender skin on the scrotum that inhibits operating the implant – common? Does anyone know of any kind of salve or cream that can be applied to the scrotum to make it less tender, or is it just a matter of letting it continue to heal? Or am I just being a pussy and need to deal with the pain, knowing that the payoff is a bigger, harder, reliable dick?

By the way, I mentioned that the skin on my penis is also tender/sensitive – to the point where if I masturbate, I definitely need to use lube, which I didn’t need to do pre-implant. I’m a bit concerned that when my partner starts fondling down there – as she is wont to do – it’ll just be too uncomfortable. Again, is this just something that’s part of the normal healing process?

Thanks in advance for any insights. You guys are great!
59 years old - ED since 45; implanted 7/10/17 by Dr. Michael Herzog. AMS 700LGX, MS Pump; 18cm x 12mm

Tybeeman

Re: Tender Scrotum Causes Pumping Issues

Postby Tybeeman » Sat Aug 05, 2017 2:51 pm

smartin wrote:First of all, I want to say that this forum and the guys who contribute to it are just awesome. If I had discovered it earlier in my battle against ED, I almost certainly would have pulled the trigger on getting an implant sooner.

I had my AMS 700 MS implanted on July 10th, so on Monday it’ll be four weeks. I had my “activation” appointment yesterday, where the AMS person comes to the urologist’s office and gives a lesson on how to work the thing. (She was great looking, which, of course, didn’t bother me in the least, and made me more anxious to be able to put my new bionic body part to good use.) I was then given the go-ahead to start using it, which struck me as not bad for having only been implanted 4 weeks ago. I’ve been practicing inflating and deflating, but am having a bit of difficulty. The main reason is that the bulb is quite firm – firmer than I expected it would be – and takes a number of really hard squeezes to do its job. Since the skin on my scrotum is still very sensitive and tender (as is the skin on my penis), I have to stop squeezing sooner than I probably would like. I do get an erection that I’m almost sure would be sufficient for sex (though I haven’t traveled that road yet), but I feel like I’m shortchanging myself on size just because I can’t stand to pump it up more. I’m not very big to begin with – maybe 4 inches – so I need all the pumping I can muster. I have the same issue when deflating, though that isn’t quite as bad.

Is this issue – really sensitive/tender skin on the scrotum that inhibits operating the implant – common? Does anyone know of any kind of salve or cream that can be applied to the scrotum to make it less tender, or is it just a matter of letting it continue to heal? Or am I just being a pussy and need to deal with the pain, knowing that the payoff is a bigger, harder, reliable dick?

By the way, I mentioned that the skin on my penis is also tender/sensitive – to the point where if I masturbate, I definitely need to use lube, which I didn’t need to do pre-implant. I’m a bit concerned that when my partner starts fondling down there – as she is wont to do – it’ll just be too uncomfortable. Again, is this just something that’s part of the normal healing process?

Everyone is different. I am 6 weeks and still sore. Don't push it. Some people are good after 4 weeks and I have read that it took some people 3 month for everything to feel 100%. One thing I have come to realize with this. It is not an exact science by no mean except for that fact at the end you get an erection on demand
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:01 pm

Smartin: Agree with Tybeeman. There is internal swelling that does not resolve as quickly as the external. You are probably still swollen and sore inside. Just the same, you want to cycle as much as you can to avoid scar tissue build up areound either the reservoir or the cylinders. The pump loosens up over time. I'd recommend sitting in a hot bath and letting everything relax. Then pump as much as you can. You don't want to push it to the point of pain, but, you are going to have to endure some discomfort. It is a learning curve and the faster you move up it the better.
cincinnatus
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:24 pm

It's normal and will get better in time. In the meantime could try popping ibuprofen or something before pumping.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:52 pm

ED2013 wrote:It's normal and will get better in time. In the meantime could try popping ibuprofen or something before pumping.

Emla cream would work, but I'm not sure you can get that without a prescription. It is a cream with lidocaine (from the novocaine - for dental freezing family)

Larry

Bandit

Postby Bandit » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Definitely gets better with time. Skin on my sack still gets a little tender. Im 10 weeks post op & been pumping 6 weeks. Its way better and gets easier every day. The ams pump also loosens up for you guys that just started. Before you know it there will be less pain. You will be able to pump 30-40 times or more. You will be able to get your dick hard enough to fuck a hole thru a Coke machine. Patience. Enjoy your new found freedom !
Bandit
Born 1958, married. Prostate Cancer. RRP November/2014. PSA undetectable since. Implant May/2017 AMS700LGX 18 cm + 1.5 cm RTEs.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:08 pm

smartin wrote:First of all, I want to say that this forum and the guys who contribute to it are just awesome. If I had discovered it earlier in my battle against ED, I almost certainly would have pulled the trigger on getting an implant sooner.

I'll be honest smartin, I would not have been able to pump at only 4 weeks. I didnt start pumping until 6 1/2 weeks. My sack was healed enough by this time, and I never felt any pain when I started pumping. So give it some time, it will be ok.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:17 pm

Yes it is normal. Ball sack never like being caught in a zipper either. In this case if you zip it enough time (pump it) it will toughen up and get better. Kind of like a finger that gets blisters but gets tougher. I have skipped days pumping to allow the soreness to ease. Pumping too often can make it so sore you have to lay off several days. Before long you will be asking yourself when you are bored; why don't we pump up my dick for something to do? Cheers man. Congratulations.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

smartin

Postby smartin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:19 am

Plenty of great advice, as always. It's always good to be reminded that (1) my situation isn't unusual, (2) I'm still healing - it takes time, (3) there are things I can do to help (e.g., warm baths and ibuprofen before pumping), and (4) I'll actually be able to fuck again someday soon. This is all very reassuring. Thanks!
59 years old - ED since 45; implanted 7/10/17 by Dr. Michael Herzog. AMS 700LGX, MS Pump; 18cm x 12mm

smartin

Postby smartin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:20 am

alibaba wrote:Before long you will be asking yourself when you are bored; why don't we pump up my dick for something to do? Cheers man. Congratulations.

LOL!

Return to “Implants”