Biting the bullet

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
radioradio

Biting the bullet

Postby radioradio » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:46 am

Well, I've done it. I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Kramer on August 2nd. A big thank you to all of you for helping me make this decision. I can't imagine what it would be like to make this decision without the input, insights and sharing from all of you.

A special thanks to Philly444 for meeting with me and answering so many questions. A kind of strange way to make a new friend, but I'm glad that I have.

And now the crazy part. When I spoke to Connie a little while ago about the scheduling, I asked if I could talk to Dr. Kramer by phone sometime before my consult on August 1st. She said she'd give him the message, and 5 minutes later he called me, right in the middle of drafting this post. We had a nice chat for about 15 minutes and he answered every question I could think of. I feel SO GOOD about my decision to become Bionic, and about him. I told him I had read many times on FT that he was good about calling patients, but this blew me away.

What a weight off my shoulders having taken this step! Excited, a little nervous, a little anxious, but definitely feeling good about the road ahead.

Thanks again to all.

Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

stiffupperlip

Re: Biting the bullet

Postby stiffupperlip » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:09 pm

Months before I was even a patient of Dr. Kramer's I sent him a email on a Monday morning with questions about getting an implant. I figured that I'd get a replay in a few days at best. He called me twenty minutes later.

People can say what they want about him this forum but I can speak only about my experience. He let me make the decision of which implant I wanted - Coloplast or AMS - after telling me the pros and cons of each model. He's always responded right away if I have a question.

He did a great job and I'm thankful.
22cm Titan No RTE's Dr. Kramer Oct 2016

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 pm

Good luck I sure everything will be find. I think I am the next one up to get an implant. 7:15 this Monday morning. Now I am getting nervous
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

radioradio

Postby radioradio » Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:54 pm

Tybeeman wrote:Good luck I sure everything will be find. I think I am the next one up to get an implant. 7:15 this Monday morning. Now I am getting nervous

Thanks, and good luck to you. I'll be thinking of you. Looking forward to hearing how you're doing.
Bob
Born '52. Married '79. RALP 3/1/17. ED 50+% prior to surgery even w/ meds. VED, Injections, ineffective. Considering implant even before PCa diagnosis. Dr. Kramer 8/2/17. LGX 21cm+0.5 RTE. Kramer replaced/repositioned pump 12/13/17. Willing to Show/Tell.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:45 pm

Tybeeman wrote:Good luck I sure everything will be find. I think I am the next one up to get an implant. 7:15 this Monday morning. Now I am getting nervous

Tybee, to be expected. I was nervous as heck and didn't settle down until they gave me that intravenous as the wheeled me down. Then suddenly, everything was right with the world :D You'll be fine.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:49 pm

radioradio wrote:Well, I've done it. I'm scheduled for surgery with Dr. Kramer on August 2nd. A big thank you to all of you for helping me make this decision. I can't imagine what it would be like to make this decision without the input, insights and sharing from all of you.

A special thanks to Philly444 for meeting with me and answering so many questions. A kind of strange way to make a new friend, but I'm glad that I have.

And now the crazy part. When I spoke to Connie a little while ago about the scheduling, I asked if I could talk to Dr. Kramer by phone sometime before my consult on August 1st. She said she'd give him the message, and 5 minutes later he called me, right in the middle of drafting this post. We had a nice chat for about 15 minutes and he answered every question I could think of. I feel SO GOOD about my decision to become Bionic, and about him. I told him I had read many times on FT that he was good about calling patients, but this blew me away.

What a weight off my shoulders having taken this step! Excited, a little nervous, a little anxious, but definitely feeling good about the road ahead.

Thanks again to all.

Another brother to join the fraternity. Good luck!

Bob
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Return to “Implants”