Scheduled 6/21. What questions do you wish you had asked during consult

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bigred

Scheduled 6/21. What questions do you wish you had asked during consult

Postby Bigred » Tue May 23, 2017 4:36 pm

I'm scheduled for 6/7,with Dr Krammer with a consultation the day before. What questions did you ask and what questions do you wish you had asked prior to surgery? I'll be flying both ways from SC

66YO, ED for at least 10 years due to meds after bypass surgery and blood pressure
Last edited by Bigred on Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
66 YO, Implant 6/7/2017 at University of Maryland by Dr. Andrew Kramer, High Volume Implant And world class surgeon. AMS 700. Great expierence with zero complications.

chonky

Re: Scheduled 6/21. What questions do you wish you had asked during consult

Postby chonky » Tue May 23, 2017 9:46 pm

One thing that I would have ask about is psychological support. I ran in to some problems that could have been overcome but fell into a panic which ended with the implant being removed. I have since found out here that many men encounter negative feelings after implantation.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

matprov

Postby matprov » Wed May 24, 2017 4:28 am

chonky wrote:One thing that I would have ask about is psychological support. I ran in to some problems that could have been overcome but fell into a panic which ended with the implant being removed. I have since found out here that many men encounter negative feelings after implantation.

Can you please elaborate more on that?

Thanks

David_R

Postby David_R » Wed May 24, 2017 7:52 am

chonky wrote:One thing that I would have ask about is psychological support.

My long-time urologist told my wife and me that the right after the surgery I will absolutely hate him (because of the pain). But then later I will lose the hate (because of the hard dick). That certainly was true!

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed May 24, 2017 8:34 am

I told my Urologist that I would name my next child after him but I shoot blanks. :lol:
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Arnoldloveslife

Postby Arnoldloveslife » Wed May 24, 2017 9:20 am

ddbryan1972 wrote:I told my Urologist that I would name my next child after him but I shoot blanks. :lol:
Donnie

Hahaha :lol: :lol: :D

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Wed May 24, 2017 9:50 am

chonky wrote:One thing that I would have ask about is psychological support. I ran in to some problems that could have been overcome but fell into a panic which ended with the implant being removed. I have since found out here that many men encounter negative feelings after implantation.

Yes, can you elaborate. I'm scheduled for surgery on 6/9 which is coming up quick. I not at all feeling good about hearing things like this. But what choice do I have, my dick has stopped working.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

chonky

Postby chonky » Wed May 24, 2017 7:53 pm

I had issues in regard to comfort with the titan not fully deflating and a mass forming around the pump the size of a cue ball . They first thought it may be an infection and treated me for it but it turned out not to be. These could have been overcome but I stated to get depressed over it and started to question if I made the right decision. I also had a high stress job which didn't help and should have taken time off.I just started to want to go back to the way I was before I had these new issues. The doctor offered to remove it and I agreed to it fearing that I would have it stuck in me making me miserable.Looking back things are a lot clearer now and I would have made different decisions but I was unable to get out of the funk I fell into. My problems were in my head. That was five years ago and I am now considering trying again. On my recent annual exam I brought it up with my doctor and he said he could do another one if I'm ready for it. By no means let this keep you from trying this just be aware that you may feel depressed and negative towards it if difficulties arise . Knowing that in itself would have helped me greatly to confront that when it arose. It would have been helpful for me to talk to a professional to sort out the fears and feelings I was having.
65 Periodic ED since 20's due to venous leakage. Pills stopped working . Implanted 3/2012 removed 6/2012 in a"WTF Moment" after several complications. Re-implanted 4/5/19 AMS 700CX

chonky

Postby chonky » Thu May 25, 2017 8:55 am

The LGX might have been a better choice for me because of it's more natural flaccid state. I was sensitive to the stiffness of the Titan and began to focus on it constantly. I'm probably a little obsessive compulsive so that didn't help with that.Having reflected on this and am now retired there is much less stress in my life other than my dick doesn't work. I also started the feel that I had a stigma having an implant. How stupid!!!!!!! If it makes your life better that can only be good and if someone else thinks it's a joke it won't be to them when their dick breaks. Go for it and and enjoy the results when the struggle is over.

Return to “Implants”