checklist before a surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
matprov

checklist before a surgery

Postby matprov » Mon May 22, 2017 5:30 pm

Hello all,

I posted here a while ago about whether I should go for the procedure. I got pretty encouraging comments and I am thinking about doing it with Dr. Kramer.

I will be flying in internationally to see him. It's a long 10 hour flight.

My plan is to arrive two days prior and leave 5 days after. Is that okay? Will I be able to handle the pain during the flight back?

Any tips on what to do after the surgery (checklist)?

I learned that I need to get loose pants and underwear. I also learned that I need to clean downstairs with Hibacleanse the night before to reduce chances of infection.

What else?

When will the stitches be removed? and can that be done by my local doctor?

Can I activate it without having to go back to Dr. Kramer?

Any tips or advice on making the experience more bearable, please share.

DonBecker54

Re: checklist before a surgery

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:03 pm

If you don't want to take the heavy-duty pain killers that will be prescribed, get some extra strength Tylenol or something like that.

Obviously have some ice packs at the ready.

Get some magnesium citrate drink or a similar laxative. I didn't think I'd need a laxative, but wound up having neighbors get some for me.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon May 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Perform a search for a thread titled "Packing List for Implant patients staying at hotel".

Much of your question is answered there.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Mon May 22, 2017 7:05 pm

If you're going to Dr. Kramer you've got no worries except for getting your mind over making the decision. He will talk to you and make you feel instantly like you're his best friend, he'll pick up your meds from the pharmacy for you, he'll visit you at your hotel. You need to pack basic stuff, and probably some motrin/aleve, comfortable clothes. A word of caution, the only current concern coming up lately with Kramer is whether he'll take you as a patient, if you read, you'll see if he detects something "off" about you, or you're very exhausting or pushy or remind him of one patient who evidently tried to drive him to insanity, he'll not do you. Other than that, you have no worries- he's a world class surgeon and an even better dude. VP

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Mon May 22, 2017 8:45 pm

ValPinto wrote:If you're going to Dr. Kramer you've got no worries except for getting your mind over making the decision. He will talk to you and make you feel instantly like you're his best friend, he'll pick up your meds from the pharmacy for you, he'll visit you at your hotel. You need to pack basic stuff, and probably some motrin/aleve, comfortable clothes. A word of caution, the only current concern coming up lately with Kramer is whether he'll take you as a patient, if you read, you'll see if he detects something "off" about you, or you're very exhausting or pushy or remind him of one patient who evidently tried to drive him to insanity, he'll not do you. Other than that, you have no worries- he's a world class surgeon and an even better dude. VP

Here you go another one that knows everything but doesn't post weather he has a implant or not. ValPinto what is your story?
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Tue May 23, 2017 2:09 am

ValPinto wrote:If you're going to Dr. Kramer you've got no worries except for getting your mind over making the decision. He will talk to you and make you feel instantly like you're his best friend, he'll pick up your meds from the pharmacy for you, he'll visit you at your hotel. You need to pack basic stuff, and probably some motrin/aleve, comfortable clothes. A word of caution, the only current concern coming up lately with Kramer is whether he'll take you as a patient, if you read, you'll see if he detects something "off" about you, or you're very exhausting or pushy or remind him of one patient who evidently tried to drive him to insanity, he'll not do you. Other than that, you have no worries- he's a world class surgeon and an even better dude. VP

With a doubt, clearly you know him well enough to describe him correctly!
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

matprov

Postby matprov » Wed May 24, 2017 9:26 pm

How many days post-op can one feel safe about infections?

Return to “Implants”