Glans

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Bigguy67

Glans

Postby Bigguy67 » Thu May 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Ok, so what's the word on the glans after implant? How does it work? Does it just stay soft and flaccid or does the implant make it a bit larger?

DaveET1

Re: Glans

Postby DaveET1 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:29 pm

A properly installed implant should have no effect on the glans. Glans should behave just the same as it did before surgery. That means it should enlarge when you are aroused, but not respond to inflation or deflation.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu May 18, 2017 3:54 pm

It's blood supply is through the corpora esponginosa, which gets engorged with sexual stimulation. So, if done correctly, the implant should not have a negative effect on it.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:47 pm

ThePlumber1964 wrote:It's blood supply is through the corpora esponginosa, which gets engorged with sexual stimulation. So, if done correctly, the implant should not have a negative effect on it.

But if ED prevents blood flow, then how can it get erect?
Larry

shooter1000

Postby shooter1000 » Thu May 18, 2017 4:51 pm

The other post's are exactly correct. I my case, I have a very large glans....i was shocked at first to see a pumped up erection with no change in my glans. With a normal erection, the the shaft and the glans inflate at the same time. If I pump up with no stimulation, the shaft gets hard and the glans stays soft although there is some enlargement from the cylinders. My cylinders come 3/4 up through my glans. When stimulated, or after standing a while, my glans enlarges to near pre-op conditions so no problem.
Age 75 Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 03/22/2017. AMS 700 LGX 18 CM with 2 Cm RTE for a total of 20 CM. Previously used injections over 1000 no scarring

biggestdickest

Postby biggestdickest » Thu May 18, 2017 5:08 pm

Im the same as shooter. When pumped up but not aroused the glands are also a little cold to the touch. Cheers.
61, 3 years post RP. Implant Ams 700 ms. 19th April Greenslopes Hospital Brisbane, Dr Malone Brisbane urology. Operation seems great so far but hospital stay was traumatic and felt unsafe. I was not in good hands.

ThePlumber1964

Postby ThePlumber1964 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:28 pm

shooter1000 wrote:The other post's are exactly correct. I my case, I have a very large glans....i was shocked at first to see a pumped up erection with no change in my glans. With a normal erection, the the shaft and the glans inflate at the same time. If I pump up with no stimulation, the shaft gets hard and the glans stays soft although there is some enlargement from the cylinders. My cylinders come 3/4 up through my glans. When stimulated, or after standing a while, my glans enlarges to near pre-op conditions so no problem.

Spot on... Couldn't have explained it better, shooter.
54 years old, happily married for 30 years to a beautiful & outstanding lady. Onset ED at 49. Finally fixed on 11/08/2017 by the master Dr. Eid with a Titan XL 26, no RTEs! Previously had 3 AMS implants (LGX & CX), all botched.

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu May 18, 2017 6:44 pm

Larry10625 wrote:
ThePlumber1964 wrote:It's blood supply is through the corpora esponginosa, which gets engorged with sexual stimulation. So, if done correctly, the implant should not have a negative effect on it.

Larry

Separate mechanisms.

Blood flow to the corpus cavernosum inside the tunica albuginea (provides erections and is substituted for by the implant) is somewhat independent of the blood flow to the corpus spongiosum which provides tumescence/engorgement of the glans and additional tumescence to the penile shaft.

Quite often the cavernosum failure to provide erection is present to cause ED while the spongiosum is unaffected, so the shaft gets fat (but not stiff enough for sex) and the glans gets plump. If that is the case before implant, the plumping up is likely to be the case after implant.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Larry10625

Postby Larry10625 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:17 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Larry10625 wrote:

Larry

Separate mechanisms.

Blood flow to the corpus cavernosum inside the tunica albuginea (provides erections and is substituted for by the implant) is somewhat independent of the blood flow to the corpus spongiosum which provides tumescence/engorgement of the glans and additional tumescence to the penile shaft.

Quite often the cavernosum failure to provide erection is present to cause ED while the spongiosum is unaffected, so the shaft gets fat (but not stiff enough for sex) and the glans gets plump. If that is the case before implant, the plumping up is likely to be the case after implant.

WOW, a very complicated package we have.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Since my implant, I get a soft erection whenever visually or physically stimulated. My glands also swells and gets firmer when I'm pumped up. If your surgeon put your implant tips up into your dick head, you should have no problems with a floppy head (on your dick). :shock:
Donnie
Last edited by Donnie1954 on Thu May 18, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Return to “Implants”