Penis left pointed up after implant surgery??

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: Penis left pointed up after implant surgery??

Postby Lost Sheep » Mon May 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Tay20333 wrote:
stiffupperlip wrote:What brand do you have? Coloplast or AMS? Did they tell you how many centimeters the implant is?

I have a coloplast otr, i was never told how many centimeters. I have a future appointment i will ask then... hopefully he tells me

If your surgeon does not recall, the information should be in the operation report and the invoice from Coloplast. Also, the number/length of rear tip extenders (RTEs) will be helpful to know
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Mon May 15, 2017 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Tay20333

Postby Tay20333 » Mon May 15, 2017 9:27 pm

Lost Sheep wrote:
Tay20333 wrote:
stiffupperlip wrote:What brand do you have? Coloplast or AMS? Did they tell you how many centimeters the implant is?

I have a coloplast otr, i was never told how many centimeters. I have a future appointment i will ask then... hopefully he tells me

If your surgeon does not recall, the information should be in the operation report and the inviive from Coloplast. Also, the number/length of rear tip extenders (RTEs) will be helpful to know

Would i have access to that information or would basically have to rely on the doctor to give me tbis info? He's not really 1 to give too nuch information for whatever reason which i think is quite bogus.
Pretty young guy. Originally implanted with 20 cm titan with 3 cm rear tips in philadelphia, Recent revision done by Kramer with 22cm titan and 1.5 cm rear tip!! :D

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:03 pm

Tay: request a copy of your operative report. It will have all that detail in it. They have to give it to you and, you want it in case of any other subsequent surgeries.
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

Tay20333

Postby Tay20333 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 pm

cincinnatus1951 wrote:Tay: request a copy of your operative report. It will have all that detail in it. They have to give it to you and, you want it in case of any other subsequent surgeries.

Thank you for the information. Are you referencing the surgeon or the actual hospital?
Pretty young guy. Originally implanted with 20 cm titan with 3 cm rear tips in philadelphia, Recent revision done by Kramer with 22cm titan and 1.5 cm rear tip!! :D

cincinnatus1951

Postby cincinnatus1951 » Wed May 17, 2017 3:35 pm

Tay: Request it from the Doc. different institutions have differrent procedures. Most today are using a third party contract records mangement arrangement. They will generally charge you by thte page and give you a choice of doctors report, nurses report ans/or hospital report. You are generally OK with just the doc's report
Age 79, Wife 77 Married 52yrs RPP Dr Brian Miles, Houston Methodist, July 2013. Used VED, pills, MUSE, and trimix with no or mixed results. 18cm Titan, one RTE by Dr Mohit Khera, Baylor, Houston, Jan 2016

shaman

Postby shaman » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:27 pm

I never asked the surgeons. What is the purpose of having it pointing up?
What is the must common time frame?, 6 weeks?
Thank you
Shaman
Implanted August, 2015 - AMS LGX. -
Revision April 24, 2017 by Dr Carrion - University of South Florida (USF)
Titan 22cm + 1.5 Rear Tip Extender

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:44 pm

I was told to keep penis straight up for the first three days, probably was more for ideal healing of the scrotum surgery wound, but I do not know.

I think that the moral of the story is to do "exactly what your particular surgeon tells you" There are different surgical approaches and different techniques and different implants, so go with what the doctor who knows your situation says.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Return to “Implants”