Day 11 post op

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
C coggin

Day 11 post op

Postby C coggin » Fri May 12, 2017 2:59 pm

Day 11 and totally pain free, still slight swelling in scrotum and just a slight touch of discomfort from pump on lower scrotal wall. only complaint today is it itching like crazy, I always heard that's a sign of healing. Took a nice hot shower this morning and my my my it felt like heaven. My wife did an examination and from the big grin on her face i think she is having some interesting plans for the near future. Should i be afraid?.... She is a country girl after all! :lol:

sliphill

Re: Day 11 post op

Postby sliphill » Fri May 12, 2017 3:11 pm

Thanks for posting this. Only 11 days and no pain, cool. I can't tell you how much this helps me. I'm going in for one next month on the 8th. Just wondering how long I should take off from work. I was thinking I might as well take a full week off, as I have 2 1/2 weeks of vacation so far. Yes, itching is a sign of healing. You might be using that thing sooner than later by the sounds of it. :lol:
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Fri May 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Be very afraid . . . very very afraid. It may take you a couple months to get the smiles off of both of your faces.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Otto78

Postby Otto78 » Fri May 12, 2017 3:27 pm

sliphill wrote:Thanks for posting this. Only 11 days and no pain, cool. I can't tell you how much this helps me. I'm going in for one next month on the 8th. Just wondering how long I should take off from work. I was thinking I might as well take a full week off, as I have 2 1/2 weeks of vacation so far. Yes, itching is a sign of healing. You might be using that thing sooner than later by the sounds of it. :lol:

I never had any real pain although I am sure the meds the first two days helped. I stopped taking the pain killers since I felt little pain. I had my surgery on a Wednesday and was back to work Monday. I had discomfort at work but nothing too painful. I had Kramer and he did an awesome job.

C coggin

My experience to date

Postby C coggin » Fri May 12, 2017 3:43 pm

day of surgery 05/02/2017 i was scared as hell, certainly this will be the most terrible pain i ever experienced. The anticipation as i awaited the surgical team to come get me was pure anguish! I was awakened in recovery room after recieving my AMS 700LGX feeling like i had an urgent burning need to pee, Nurse assured me it was just the catheter making me feel this and to just lie down, appearently i was slightly combative trying to get out of bed and go to rest room lol. Hey when ya gotta go you gotta go! :lol: My pain level on a 10 scale at this point was to my pleasant surprise was only around a 6 to 6.5 (much less than a previous abdominal hernia repair)

Day 2 my pain was only around 4.5 to 5, surprisingly this surgery wasnt near as horrible as i phsyced myself up to believe. Nurse came in to remove my IV and Catheter, sucker burned like a mother when they pulled it out and i was ready for it to be gone! Went to urinate about an hour after and went to restroom to finally relieve my urge to pee i had for last 24 hours and it burned like crazy from catheter irritation. got discharged from hospital and had a very difficult time climbing into our full nsized ford F150 supercrew, note to others... take lower and smaller car!

Day3 Pain down considerably to roughly 2.5 to 3.5 still keeping ice on scrotum continually decided at this point no longer needed narcotic pain meds so from this point on only extra strength tylenol (4 at a time) this surgery has been remarkably easy on me. from day 4 on to day 11 i was basicly pain free somewhere between a .5 to a 1 no longer using any meds or ice, hot showers feel so good and help relieve the minor discomfort remaining. As of today on day 11 i am 100% pain free, the scrotal pain is nearly gone just feels like its being stretched and heavy. Hope this helps someone.

C coggin

Postby C coggin » Fri May 12, 2017 3:44 pm

i took off 2 weeks anticipating it would be much worse, i was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to go through

Lost Sheep

Re: My experience to date

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri May 12, 2017 4:58 pm

C coggin wrote:day of surgery 05/02/2017 had a very difficult time climbing into our full nsized ford F150 supercrew, note to others... take lower and smaller car!

Perhaps a bedroll in the back of the truck would have been a good idea?:)

But seriously, thank you for the detailed narrative.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri May 12, 2017 5:45 pm

C coggin,
Welcome to the exclusive bionic brotherhood. Take it easy and heal well. We're here for you.
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Fri May 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Otto78 wrote:
sliphill wrote:Thanks for posting this. Only 11 days and no pain, cool. I can't tell you how much this helps me. I'm going in for one next month on the 8th. Just wondering how long I should take off from work. I was thinking I might as well take a full week off, as I have 2 1/2 weeks of vacation so far. Yes, itching is a sign of healing. You might be using that thing sooner than later by the sounds of it. :lol:

I never had any real pain although I am sure the meds the first two days helped. I stopped taking the pain killers since I felt little pain. I had my surgery on a Wednesday and was back to work Monday. I had discomfort at work but nothing too painful. I had Kramer and he did an awesome job.

My surgery is Thursday, so maybe Tuesday/Wednesday would be day to go back. Thanks.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

sliphill

Postby sliphill » Mon May 15, 2017 10:00 am

sliphill wrote:
Otto78 wrote:

My surgery is Thursday, so maybe Tuesday/Wednesday would be day to go back. Thanks.

I decided to take off thur and friday, and then the following week. I'll play it by ear after that.
Ed (sliphill) 68

Return to “Implants”