AussieRjay's implant journey

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
sliphill

Re: AussieRjay's implant journey

Postby sliphill » Wed May 31, 2017 11:32 pm

David_R wrote:
sliphill wrote:They must have watched one of the videos of the procedure being done

I am glad that I did not see one of those videos before having my implant put in. It would have totally grossed me out. :shock:

You probably would have, as I was grossed out. I almost stopped watching it after only a few minutes into it. But I kept watching, and watched the whole procedure so I could see how it's done! :o
Ed (sliphill) 68

Implanted by Dr. Michael O'Neill in Charlotte, NC on 6/9/2017 with AMS 700LGX. 18 cm cylinders 3 cm RTE's.

Revision done by Dr. Maxim McKibbon in Charlotte, NC on 4/12/2023 with AMD 700 LGX 22 cm cylinders gm

Eveready

Postby Eveready » Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:09 pm

I'm kinda glad I didn't watch it; the bride, who wants to know everything medical, did and advised against it. I gather it's the kind of thing that makes a man clench his thighs.
Thanks for your story mate. I'm a few weeks behind you. Dunno how you got to work after only a couple of weeks: at 18 days I thought I would expire after walking 1/2 mile to the shops and back.
Melbourne, Oz. Radical prostatectomy & titan implant at 60. Size uncertain, but big enough to hang onto. Nah, it's huge!

AussieRjay

Postby AussieRjay » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:03 am

Hi Eveready

I wish I could say I was raring to go back to work at 2 weeks, in reality I was off for three full weeks and some half-days in the fourth week. I was lucky in that I saved up a lot of annual leave before I had this done, to make sure I was well and truly covered. I also am fortunate enough to have a great employer.

DAY 35 (I think) UPDATE

Had the checkup with the surgeon and prosthesis nurse last Thursday in Melbourne. Was fairly brief, everything was looking good. I had deflated that morning before I dressed to get on the plane, as I'd had enough of trying to conceal things in baggy pants.

We did not erect the device during the consult, the main thing they wanted to make sure was that I could reliably deflate and work the pump. The doc did say though - Titan guys take note - that because of a "feature" of the pump, it is important that once the device is deflated, it gets at least one good pump put back in it. The reason - and he showed me on the transparent demo model in his office - is that there is a pin which is moved from one side to the other when the deflate button is pressed. He said this results in one end of the pin being locked in a position where there is little or no lubrication from the saline, and this can cause the pin to seize in the deflate position if it remains there very long. One good pump pushes the pin back to the other position and prevents this. He said eventually I will be able to notice the click when it shuttles over. I think I have felt that a couple of times.

I inflated for the first time, briefly, on Thursday night. It is fair to say that this underwhelmed me in terms of what I saw when I looked down. I have since discovered that I had it nowhere near full inflation, even though the pump felt hard at the time.

I have been instructed to inflate fully and immediately deflate once a day for a week, then progress to holding it longer in the second week. I've found that easiest to do in a hot bath, it is very uncomfortable especially in the tips (both ends). When pumped as fully as possible, I've left it a minute or two and then got another couple of pumps in. The stretch is not fun, but it is necessary rehab. The hot water eliminates a lot of the pain (at least, while you are in the tub).

Last night's effort got me to approx 15cm, with a 13cm flaccid. It is very difficult to accurately measure and this could be off by some degree - mainly the swelling over the pubic bone makes it difficult to know that the ruler is in the same place as it was pre-surgery. I may have been a little overzealous with the pumping last night though, because the tips (at both ends) are killing me today! When I got out of the tub last night, I had to take a strong painkiller after being off them for two weeks prior. It will be tempting to just leave it alone tonight, but I will get back into the tub and keep going.

I've not tape-measured girth yet but at full inflate it is certainly very girthy. Someone quoted Dr Eid as having said the Titan's girth expansion is solely tunica dependent and I'd say that's right. The finger-meets-thumb test suggests it is very similar in overall circumference to pre-surgery. The morphology (shape) has changed a fair bit though. As expected, the shaft is now completely ramrod straight. The cylinders, in the absence of any other engorgement (which I still don't know the extent of), definitely produce a wider, flatter penis. Mine was wide (quite oval, rather than round) pre-surgery, so it looks like a bit of a slab now when fully inflated! To be honest, I'd not care to have it get much more girthy than it currently is. Another cm of length would be great, so I will keep up diligently with the rehab and see what eventuates.

Too soon to say what it will look like when aroused. It is impossible currently to get aroused at full inflation, it's far too sore for that for the time being. I will say this though - just running your fingers up and down the taut skin of a fully rigid erection gives more than a hint of the fun to come. Very encouraging actually.

Pleased to say it points up nicely at about 2 o'clock. Sensitivity seems to be OK. No dead spots anywhere. I have masturbated a few times now, but it takes a good deal of effort to orgasm and I had to abandon the attempt a couple of times. I suspect this is still largely related to residual tenderness.

Can confirm that at full pressure the cylinders are incredibly hard, much too hard for a "natural" look or feel and I wouldn't like to use it for sex in that state or necessarily even show it to a partner in that state. If that was the first impression they got, I'm not sure it would be an ideal one. At a lower level of inflation this is much improved (naturalness of appearance and feel). Similarly, at full squeezed out deflation, the flaccid could not be mistaken for "normal" at all - it can get quite misshapen with the cylinders fully collapsed. Doc says many guys put a pump or two in it after deflation to help with this and the dog ears the titans create. I'm experimenting with how best to manage it in pants for day to day activities, where it really doesn't matter what it looks like. So far this is easiest at near full deflation. Much more than that and it is very much a semi-erection and this limits placement in underwear / pants too much.

This is just a short update while I had a moment free. Will update again after a bit more rehab.

Doc says (if I remember him correctly) most guys are 75% comfortable at 8 weeks and 90% by 12 weeks. I am confident at this stage that I will not be having sex at 6 weeks. Perhaps at 8. We will see. Improvements in comfort seem to happen relatively suddenly from what I've experienced so far.
44yo, venous leak since late teens. Destroyed 2 relationships and all self confidence. Implanted 9 May 2017 by Dr Chris Love, Melbourne Australia - Titan 23cm. Looking forward to a new life.

AussieRjay

Postby AussieRjay » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:14 am

Re the surgical videos grossing people out, I can fully understand how it might but I can't say it grossed me out and I watched a couple of them before I had my surgery. I'd rather know exactly what's about to happen in some detail than be blissfully unaware. It was helpful to have those videos, from my perspective.
44yo, venous leak since late teens. Destroyed 2 relationships and all self confidence. Implanted 9 May 2017 by Dr Chris Love, Melbourne Australia - Titan 23cm. Looking forward to a new life.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:48 pm

Different strokes for different folks....
I didn't watch any of them. I had a Skype consult with Chris and was so impressed with his professionalism and reassuring description of the process that I simply let him do his job, and a wonderful piece of work it is!
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Smetro

Postby Smetro » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:13 pm

G'day R Jay
your log of progress is terrific, keep up the good work. I am now about 140 days post op and can identify with almost everything you say. Mine too is fairly flat but only just behind my glans, the rest is nice and round. I mostly notice the flatness if and when I masturbate because it "feels" different.....initially this made it difficult to reach ejaculation because it was in my mind....I had to change my 'wanking' style to less of a high up on the penis action to a more "full grip" style.....and hey presto....it works!
I eventually got to the point where I have had to keep quite a few pumps in to smooth out the 'dog ears' you mention and tuck it sideways.
Unfortunately I am an old punk/surfer and still like my strides tight....oh well.
I only ever deflate fully now when going for a surf because I can't get past the fact I have a big flaccid cock and an extra testicle between me and my board, ditto for having a (regular) massage......it can get a little uncomfortable laying on my dick and balls for and hour!.....Still wouldn't go back to the old life of Caverject and pills and excuses and a woman's voice sympathetically referring to my slack erection with the words "it's ok....it's not a big deal"........it was a big deal and that's why I am writing on here!!! :)
68,Titan Touch 22cm+1.5cm rte's op done in Melbourne Aust by Dr Chris Love-Feb 2017 Venous leakage over a 2 year period, did pills and Caverject. Length@ 3 1/2years is: 7+” erect, 6.5” flaccid and almost 6” girth. REZUM Feb 21 ejaculation now normal.

Return to “Implants”