Fracture?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
JayGould

Fracture?

Postby JayGould » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:03 pm

Anyone had a penile fracture and later got an implant? Did you regain the size that you lost due to the fracture?

JayGould

Re: Fracture?

Postby JayGould » Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:40 pm

Shameless bump...

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:08 pm

Yes I fractured mine 5 years ago. I was 62 at the time. Anyway I had a implant put in to straighten the break. Now I'm a happy camper. Since mine was a fracture and not a ED problem and my junk still works I have the best of both worlds. Would I do it again? Yes in a heart beat. The break was about a quarter of a inch behind the head. It caused the head to turn up at about 30 degree angle. The implant after everything healed only took away about half the bend. The wife loves the straight up curve. It could have been so much worse so I can deal with it and the wife can enjoy it.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:33 pm

Bionicrocketman wrote:Yes I fractured mine 5 years ago. I was 62 at the time. Anyway I had a implant put in to straighten the break. Now I'm a happy camper. Since mine was a fracture and not a ED problem and my junk still works I have the best of both worlds. Would I do it again? Yes in a heart beat. The break was about a quarter of a inch behind the head. It caused the head to turn up at about 30 degree angle. The implant after everything healed only took away about half the bend. The wife loves the straight up curve. It could have been so much worse so I can deal with it and the wife can enjoy it.

That's interesting. Did you ever have surgery right after the fracture or did you let it heal on its own? How long after the fracture did you get your implant? Did you lose any length or girth?

Also, what do you mean with best of both worlds? You mean you can still get erect without inflating?

Very curious to know more!

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:56 pm

The fracture healed on it's own. It didn't show the bend for 9 months. It was around a year and a half after the break when the implant was installed. As far as both worlds yes I still get erections without the implant. When the implant is pumped up I have the girth I have always had but when I'm turned on and the natural erection kicks in too I gain half inch to three quarters of a inch more girth. As I said the wife loves it. Ok I love it too. As far as length didn't lose a thing.
70yrs. Implant AMS LGX 18cm 4cm tips. 2-26-14. Implant installed because of fracture.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:13 pm

That's cool. I thought the erection tissue was replaced by the implant and that you couldn't get erect after having one installed. So I'm taking it that when you get your natural erection now together with having the implant inflated you are girthier than you were before the fracture?

Who was your surgeon and what kind of implant did you get (Titan, AMX etc)? :)

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:08 am

If the surgeon uses a "tissue-sparing" technique, sometimes some erectile function remains.

You cannot count on it, but it is possible. I have to suppose that if erectile function was intact before the fracture and implant, one might have greater expectation.

I read that in a paper by Moncada I Marinez Salamanca, “Inflatable penile prosthesis implantation without corporeal dilation:  A cavernous tissue sparing technique.  Journal of Urology, 2010.

See also “Strategies for Maintaining Penile Size following penile implant”., Translational Andrology and Urology:  Androl Urol 2013 March  by King Chien, Joe Lee and Gerald B. Brock

But the best one is this:
Spontaneous tumescence after implantation of three-piece hydraulic penile prostheses: a short-term experience
M Manning, FJ Martınez, P Alken and K-P Junemann
With a three-piece inflatable, one patient reported spontaneous erections sufficient for penetration. So, it is, indeed, possible.
http://www.nature.com/ijir/journal/v15/ ... 0979a.html

Sorry, I don't have access to my notes to add links to the articles directly.

Lost Sheep
Last edited by Lost Sheep on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:32 am

Good morning to all . The operation was done at Memorial Hospital in Bakersfield Ca. On 2-26-14 by Dr. Joseph. He used a AMS lgx. 18cm with 4cm of tips.

Bionicrocketman

Postby Bionicrocketman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 am

This forum for some of us is the only source of information we have. A penile fracture is no joke. It is devastating. If your in Californa and get to Bakersfield and it would help to have proof that you really can have both worlds then let me know when you will be in the area and I'll be more than happy to show and tell. That will eliminate the possibility of lies and fakes. All we have is each other.

JayGould

Postby JayGould » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:36 pm

Appreciate that! I'm not from California but if I ever pass by Bakersfield I will hit you up. :)

Return to “Implants”