AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from experience.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
DougYetii

Re: AMS LGX VS Coloplast Titan from experience.

Postby DougYetii » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:05 pm

Here's to hoping you're right! :D
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

gollam121

Postby gollam121 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:52 am

TANGERINE wrote:REGARDING THE INTERESTING JOURNAL REFERENCE MADE BY LOST SHEEP ON UNLIMITED GIRTH:

"....the AMS LGX expands up to 20% in length (between flacid and erect) but the Coloplast Titan "has unlimited expansion in both length and girth......".

I have done some research on this and there is a very nice summary review by Dr J Francoise Eid on the topic. I do remember having a very lengthy debate with Dr Eid on Coloplast versus AMS. He stated something that I did not fully appreciate during the debate, the statement was that "Titan is Tunica limited in girth " while the AMS is "limited by the cylinder mesh". So, Titan will have "unlimited expansion" since it pushes all the way out to the patient's tunica (which covers the cavernosa.) In my own words, "it fills your dick out to the maximum possible girth", and with time, it "might" even expand the girth.

This is what I think am noticing with my Titan (I am six weeks postop), it has improved my girth. For me, I really wanted as big a dick as possible. I have learned that girth is more important than length in terms of female satisfaction, so my feeling was : "I will do anything possible to get the biggest girth" . Therefore, Titan was a must have for me, and I accordingly flew six hours from west coast over to New York City to have the "king of the Titan" install my implant. I am super happy with the result.

Now for some technical talk excerpted from Dr Eid's discussion:

COMMENTS BY DR EID: "... I find that the Coloplast Titan cylinders give a great axial rigidity. I......The material -- the Bioflex, it's very durable -- but also the device is tunica-dependent. In other words, it will continue to expand to the tunica albuginea. It is not limited by a mesh that will limit its expansion. So patients will get a much, much firmer erection. Now, in addition to that, the Coloplast cylinders give the penis a nicer, rounder appearance. And the reason for that is that when the device is inflated, the cylinders will touch each other on the midline. As this occurs, the urethra, which is below the cylinders, is pushed down, and it gives the shaft of the penis a rounder circumference and more natural look....."

REFERENCE SITE: "Renal and Urology News April 2014, J Francois Eid, MD: Benefits of the Coloplast Titan"
http://www.renalandurologynews.com/web-exclusives/j-francois-eid-md-benefits-of-the-coloplast-titan/article/344561/

For those of you who like youtube video, here is a six minute video discussion by Dr Eid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX4XlIcMYCw

Very interesting read.
42 years old, Venous leak all my life. Pills worked but not so much then I foolishly did Scerothreapy (See young guys thread). Now totally impotent and just want an implant to stop me from completely crazy.

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Tue May 02, 2017 1:00 am

Can someone tell me at what point in inflation do the kinks and crimples or whatever they are in the titan begin to not be noticeable?

So we agree at 0% inflation with the titan you will feel kinks. Are they gone at 25%? 50%? or not till over 50%?

Thanks.

BTW super informative thread. I never get tired of the Kramer vs Eid debate.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Tue May 02, 2017 1:31 am

for me, kinks and krinkles on the titan are gone at 25% inflation. But remember, I wanted the biggest, most girthy, hardest dick possible for sex, and "to hell with everything else"

I still am in agreement with that philosophy today (I am three months postop).

Please note, if you want a very nice, optimal and attractive flacid, then go with the AMX LGX. It will work great for sex (apparently gets plenty hard) and will be perfect for the 99% time you are flacid,

However, for me, I wanted sex performance and size above everything else; so, I went with the Titan -- despite the issues with kinks krinkles, deflation issues, etc.

Some guys on Dr Eid's phone list described their titan implanted penis as "it is a beast." Although I would not describe mine as "a beast" I can see what they are referring to, and for me, putting up with the flacid issues pales in comparison with the capability to call upon " a beast ready for sex" on demand when you want and need it.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

Cnidium

Postby Cnidium » Tue May 02, 2017 2:06 am

Tangerine,

I wouldnt care if the kinks were gone at around ~25% inflation. Im leaning towards a titan because of a small amount of corporal scarring I have, and it has been implicated that the titan will help correct that. Im sure I can see the different models being inflated at either Eid or Kramer, and that will also help make up my mind.

Can any other titan owners relate to Tangerine that the kinks and krinkles (new word?) are gone at about ~25% inflation? If not, at what point do they disappear for you? Would definitely like to hear from Alibaba and Merrix.
Titan OTR. Dr. Hakky - successful surgery and very happy with outcome.
My advice: choose a world-class surgeon and make yourself the healthiest you can.

mrp2007

Postby mrp2007 » Tue May 02, 2017 9:49 am

I'm not sure about 25% as Ive never been able to get it to 100% yet (rock hard with no squeeze or bend)
But there is still some give when squeezed when there are no kinks.
At this point its nice and bendy but still more than hard enough for sex. maybe its 50% for me.
The last kink is at the pubic bone for me.
Its great to give my wife maximum pleasure. She gets to say how hard it should be and it varies depending on many factors. Great fun to experiment.
Still stretching to my pain limits at 6 months so not yet maxed out but getting larger every time.
Cheers
Mark
52yo ED after Radical Prostatectomy (Cancer) in 2007. All clear 9yr. Only trimix 0.8ml worked.
Implanted by Dr Katz and Dr Love (assist) 11/11/2016. Titan 20cm + 1cm RTE Infrapublically
Activation on 13/12/2016
Wasn't ready before.

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue May 02, 2017 10:16 am

I haven't had an LGX or any other AMS. I just know what we all have read, and what the two guru docs say: A Titan is harder when hard and an AMS is softer when soft.

And yes, my Titan gets hard. Ridiculously hard if I pump it full. Full for me is around 45 pumps these days. This keeps slowly increasing still after 16 months. 30-35 are full wall to wall pumps, and 10-15 are partial pumps.
I use 30 pumps for sex. 40 is just too hard. There is no flex (i.e. hinge) at all. Angle will be 2 o'clock and it cannot even flex up to 1 or down to 3. At 30 pumps, the shaft is still super hard, but I get some flex in the base, perfect level for sex.

The flaccid... I honestly don't understand the whole discussion of the Titan's flaccid being a problem. In my case, with my 24 cm implant, there is just no issue. My 30 pumps erection is around 17.5 cm with an engorged glans and around 16.5 cm with no arousal and hence no glans engorgement. My flaccid is around 15 cm. The 1.5 cm difference between deflated and inflated (without glans engorgement) is probably mostly due to kinks, but probably some due to the cylinders actually lengthening some as well (as confirmed by a conference presentation I linked to recently).
A 15 cm flaccid is of course much larger than any normal flaccid. And it is a lot girthier as well. But I still don't think it is an issue. It is flexible, soft and pliable enough for me to place anyway I want in my underwear depending on what clothes I wear. I can keep it left, right or just bunched down. I wear mostly tightly fitted clothes and i never feel it is a problem. I don't think people notice my dick.

I also never have any issues with the deflation. The first few months I thought deflation was a challenge to do well. Not so anymore. I don't even squeeze my shaft anymore when I deflate. It is not needed. I just press the deflate button hard for 2-3 seconds and that's it. My dick will deflate by itself. I never 'close' the valve either by pressing the bulb. I just press the deflate button and that's it. I never get any 'autofill' or 'backflush'. Next time I want to inflate, I need to press the bulb hard one time and then I just inflate it.
This actually helps with the kink issue as well. Because what happens if I squeeze the shaft and then 'lock' the valve by pressing the bulb once to get the 'pop' is that the cylinders go flat and stay flat. This will pronounce the kinks and will also make me feel the edges of the flat cylinders when I touch the dick. I prefer to not squeeze the shaft and just let it drain by itself. This will get the deflation to the perfect level all by itself. The dick will shrink to the same size as when squeezing the shaft, but the cylinders will not go flat. The dick will look and feel more normal, but still not be larger or stiffer.
There are still some kinks, but not as much as if I would squeeze the shaft.

How many pumps do I need to get rid of the kinks? Hard to say, since the kinks gradually disappear and it is not that easy to say that they are still there after X pumps, but 100% gone after X+1 pumps. But if I would give you my best estimation, I would say they are gone after 7-10 pumps. At least they are not easily felt anymore. And at 7-10 pumps, my dick could still be tucked in underwear. It would not be easy to hide at 10 pumps, but it would still be bendable enough to keep tight to the left or to the right in clothes.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Tue May 02, 2017 11:25 am

As my signature says, I have an AMS 700 CX MS. According to most posts, a CX doesn't increase length,however, using my stretching routine program, I have added .5 to my erect girth and .5 to my length. It is possible that since I am 7 months post opp that I still had some growing to do. My flaccid also increased by .5 as well. I am continuing my 'stretching program' through May to see if
there are additional gains. It is possible that 7.5 X 5 is my limit and there will be no additional gain. 7.5 X 5 is fine with me and my wife loves the added half inch in length and girth.
Donnie
For the record, I love my AMS!
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

Tybeeman

Postby Tybeeman » Tue May 02, 2017 3:26 pm

I am just starting this search and I have to say after reading all 35 of these reply's to the post I am more confused than ever. But it has been very good reading. I guess what ever you have in you is the best
PC at age 56
RALP on 2/16
Implant on 6/26/2017 Doctor Tariq Hakky
Coloplast Titan OTR, 22cm with 1 cm RTE

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Tue May 02, 2017 3:33 pm

I'm just a hair under normal length, and Titan fits and works just fine.

I have, however, discovered one issue. This is a "Titan Touch," according to the paperwork I received. To deflate, I am supposed to momentarily depress the release button, and the penis is supposed to shrink to deflated condition. That does not work. It will release from being totally inflated hard as a rock, but even given an hour or so, it will not go soft. To do that, I have to hold the deflate button with one hand and squeeze Mr. Peter with the other. That gets it right down.

Anyone else have this problem? Maybe mine is defective?

Return to “Implants”