Revision 2017

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
BillinAL

Re: Revision 2017

Postby BillinAL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:11 am

Ali
I am scheduled for a revision with Dr. Kramer on 7/26. I currently have a failed Titan. He has a bias toward the AMS because of a "virtually zero" infection rate. My concern with changing to an AMS is loss of girth. With the Titan I was about 5 7/8" in circumference at the largest point along the shaft. Can you give me your opinion of the AMS vs the Titan regarding girth?

Thanks and hope you are doing well.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

nudist

Postby nudist » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:57 am

Bill
what failed with your titan?
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:00 pm

Nudist
Was making love to wife when I felt the cylinders go slightly softer. Tried to pump it back up and the bulb went flat. Tried repeatedly to pump and nothing happens except the bulb goes flat. Over the next couple of days all fluid drained from cylinders. I suspect a tubing break somewhere around the pump. Will know for sure when Kramer takes it out later this month. It was in almost exactly 3 years.

Bill
75 years old, Severe ED since Robotic Prostatectomy in 2010. Titan implanted 2014 by Dr Milam. Titan failed (tubing leak near cylinder) May 2017. Revision by Dr. Kramer on 7/26/17. Replaced cylinders and pump - upsized to 22 cm Titan, 1 cm RTE.

nudist

Postby nudist » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:46 pm

thanks, Bill. I'm scheduled for a titan in sept.
dr. here says failures are rare.
updated: 70 y.o., implanted with titan nov. 3 by Dr. Brady in orlando to correct peyronies. 20 cm with 3 cm RTEs. due to the severity of the peyronies, some internal excisions were made scrotally, recovery will probably take a little longer.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:57 pm

I would suspect that there was a tubing connection failure being I have heard Perito has had a lot of connection failures with the Titans.

Back to your question. The AMS did not make me happy with girth and my wife was furious. Dr. Kramer can tell you that I described it to him as sticking a pencil in a washtub as neither of us could feel it touching the sides. That said, just before it was replaced, it seemed to be stretching out more and girth was improving. I do not remember, I know I posted it at one time but I cycled the crap out of that AMS. Seems to me at one time I had posted my tally from the calendar and I had cycled it between 900 and 1000 times. Girth was better with the Titan from day 1. AMS is a much more comfortable flaccid but the square block on top of the pump should be used to beat the designing engineers to death. Titan pump is more comfortable. I don't know one dick from another but Rybak, Levine and Eid all three stated I should never have had an AMS due to size. I am certain they meant girth because the AMS does come in long sizes. I wish I could make it easy for you. It just isn't simple. Cheers bud. Do overs suck.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:00 pm

Good luck to you Nudist in Sept. I have enjoyed the Titan. I had planned to get another Titan but Kramer threw me a little curve when he said the AMS is virtually infection free implying the Titan is not so now am at least considering the AMS.

Bill

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:05 pm

Ali,
Thank you very much for that reply. That was what I was concerned about - loss of girth. I too don't especially like the Titan flaccid since the folded cylinder corners feel like needles sticking me from the inside at times. I did finally get more used to it after a year or so and learned to "re-position" regularly to relieve the aggravation.

Thanks again and look forward to your updates.

Bill

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 pm

BillinAL, I can tell you, Dr. Kramer has replaced a lot of Milam's work. I do not know how many but the last count I had from my own reference it was a dozen or so now. I am not saying Milam is your issue because from what I hear, Coloplast has a higher connection failure rate. Depending who you talk to, there are those who say the implantee is too rough on it or the doctor did not make the connection secure enough. Who knows. You are broken and will be fixed. You will find an implant at Vanderbilt compared to University of Maryland Medical Center to be comparable to the house of horrors on halloween verses a nice Sunday dinner at your favorite spot. Cost was also 1/3rd at UMMC. Even if I had been displeased at UMMC, I would have been willing to give them a second chance because everyone seemed to care and made it a very pleasant experience. Good luck.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:22 pm

Bill I will try to update soon. Had planned this week but once again I am exhausted. World seems to run at a faster pace than I can keep up with. I have more work the next 2 days than can be put in a work day also. Keep your chin up. I too am finding the Titan fold issues to be less of an issue. An occasion adjustment or a few extra pumps work wonders. The AMS pump was a quirky P.O.S. when new. Even doctors told me that. Actually they said both are but the A.M.S. was worse. The A.M.S. quirkyness did improve after, I don't know, maybe 600 cycles (?). I do remember commenting if it was an auto it would have been recalled. Dr. Kramer will sit down and have a serious dialog with you so you can discuss your concerns. I think he actually enjoys getting feedback from patients to understand what factors are important to them. With me, he went over a list of every concern I had and after surgery came to the hotel and discussed how he addressed each one making the effort that he had as many as possible taken care of.

BillinAL

Postby BillinAL » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Ali,
I probably won't ever know but can't help but wonder if the original installation has anything to do with this failure. I had no problem with length, placement of pump etc., but there was initially several tubes I could feel bunched up around the right base of my penis. Those later "went away" - not sure how they shifted but were no longer noticeable. I am hopeful Kramer's scrotal approach gives me a simpler more direct cylinder/tubing installation that has less chance of kinking, bending, etc. and translates into more than 3 years longevity.

I don't see Kramer till the 25th and surgery is on the 26th. He said he needs to know 48 hours before surgery which brand I want so I will need to make the decision before seeing him or probably ore important before he examines me. My inclination is to stay with what I know.

Thanks again.

Bill

Return to “Implants”