RTE's

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Jimbruski

Re: RTE's

Postby Jimbruski » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:55 pm

Donnie,

I'm glad that cleared things up for you. :D However, that line of reasoning may only be relative to AMS because strongagain seems to have had a different protocol. I got mine right off of the operating room report.

Great song you wrote for your wife! Thats good for 10 hubbie points or a toss in the sacks....your choice :o

Jim
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:22 pm

My operating report does not have the info either, nor my card, nor AMS when I called and asked them. Only way I know I have 21cm no tip extenders is one of the students told me and was excited they put in the biggest one they make( his words). How would you know if there was ever a recall if no-one keeps records?

To the auto comment: Yesterday after the failed office visit for the EKG, I went to the Cadillac dealer to see if NHSTA Campaign # 14V571000 had ever been done on dad's Cadillac. The service manager tells me it does not show it ever has but then told me but if he pays by cash it will not be in the computer system. WTH? I am increasingly finding GM's service work, warranty, recalls, and records failing like it was in the 80's. It is about time to tell the old guy to change brands. Buy a Porshe, Lincoln, or Mercedes where the dealerships put the records in the system. He never drives over 40, 15 in town and now has 40,000 miles on a 6 year old car. They are telling him he needs to put a new rearend in at a cost of several thousand $. No record the have ever serviced the rearend, no record the software updates have ever done, never even checked the oil from new. I serviced it Saturday. Cost me $150 in materials. Original oil ( level low, a common from factory issue with Cadillac), original filter. Oil was clean with no debris. Service differential light is now out. Corporate America runs all the same. Any records they can skip saves them expense and makes them money.

I call myself a paperwork whore. I keep records on everything. Only reason I have never gone to a neat or some computer scanning program is it would take hundreds of hours and cost thousands to scan/input and categorize everything. 4 years ago I was going to hire a gal from Colorado to scan all my records till she finally gave the the cost.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:30 am

Well, this I call German precision:
Attachments
FrankTalk.jpg
FrankTalk.jpg (121.71 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:59 am

i have an 18cm ams lgx with 5.5cm rte. that bitch is almost a quarter the total length of the implant and extends right up to the exit point of the device from my body. it's a disaster and this is why: it completely eliminates as an option the position almost every girl i've ever known prefers to stimulate her own orgasm, female superior. when my girl is on top, that grinding motion places shear forces exactly on the juncture between the hard plastic of the rte and the softer inflated cylinder. not only is this painful for me, it's a recipe for the premature structural failure of the implant.

also, i've been reading with interest stories from key contributors to this forum about gaining substantial length and girth in the months following the installation of titan products that are not known for this property. i, otoh, have an lgx, heavily promoted for this potential, and 6mo down the road from surgery and i haven't gained anything at all. i'm a very strong guy and i've been pumping the snot out that baby from day 10. there may be other issues, but clearly if the material of the lgx has a given percentage potential for increased maximum expansion, an 18cm cylinder will not expand by the same raw measure as a 24cm cylinder.

these, as well as faulty pump placement, are substantive issues i intend to have addressed if or when i return to the states. but the bottom line is, even if i never have the chance for revisions, i love my ugly, crippled little stepchild because whenever i call him, he comes running ;)
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

Lost Sheep

Postby Lost Sheep » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:57 am

lunacynic wrote:i have an 18cm ams lgx with 5.5cm rte. that bitch is almost a quarter the total length of the implant and extends right up to the exit point of the device from my body. it's a disaster and this is why: it completely eliminates as an option the position almost every girl i've ever known prefers to stimulate her own orgasm, female superior. when my girl is on top, that grinding motion places shear forces exactly on the juncture between the hard plastic of the rte and the softer inflated cylinder. not only is this painful for me, it's a recipe for the premature structural failure of the implant.

also, i've been reading with interest stories from key contributors to this forum about gaining substantial length and girth in the months following the installation of titan products that are not known for this property. i, otoh, have an lgx, heavily promoted for this potential, and 6mo down the road from surgery and i haven't gained anything at all. i'm a very strong guy and i've been pumping the snot out that baby from day 10. there may be other issues, but clearly if the material of the lgx has a given percentage potential for increased maximum expansion, an 18cm cylinder will not expand by the same raw measure as a 24cm cylinder.

these, as well as faulty pump placement, are substantive issues i intend to have addressed if or when i return to the states. but the bottom line is, even if i never have the chance for revisions, i love my ugly, crippled little stepchild because whenever i call him, he comes running ;)

Thanks for the lucid explanation of one of the potential modes of failure of the implant as well as the caveat on position selection. VERY useful and it makes sense. The junction between RTE and inflatable cylinders must be one of the weak spots.

Girth is not nearly as widely reported as an issue as is length. Also, there seems to be a great deal of confusion about what is meant by gaining in length. One definition is the penis getting longer as measured before implant surgery and after. Another is gaining length over time from immediately after surgery to several months after surgery. Yet another is lengthening from flaccid to erect. Is seems every time I mention that third concept to anyone, including Doctors, an assumption is made that I must have misspoken and really meant one of the former concepts.

Not so. I like being a "grower" and, while I do not want to lose any length or girth of my erection, the shorter and more flexible my flaccid condition, the better. In any event, ultimate length, I believe from my reading here and in medical journals, is limited by three factors. 1) The size of the implant, 2) the dimensions of the patient's tunica albuginear and 3) the dimensions of the scar tissue "pseudo-capsule) formed around the implant.

Once installed, no implant can lengthen beyond its maximum capacity. The LGX's growth is limited to 18% of its uninflated length. This will be a certain number of inches or centimeters and that's that. The Patient's Tunica is limited in stretchiness, else erections would not be hard. Rigidity of erection depends on the Tunica hitting a hard limit of elasticity. I do not know if the Tunica can get longer or girthier over time by following a stretching regimen, but I suspect that capacity is severely limited. So, what you have is what you have until you stretch it (your tissues) or replace it (the implant).

So, revisions may take advantage of tissue having stretched over time to allow a larger implant. I wonder if the gains in length upon second implant are matched by a third implant in the same patient. I know it is possible to stretch a patient's own skin (over time) for use on another part of that patient's body.

I wonder if stretching the penis over time will allow lengthening of the penis in a similar manner. Anecdotal evidence says, "yes". Implant manufacturers and most surgeons say, "no". Perhaps it is just a way of reducing expectations. Or perhaps it is a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "lengthen".

Lost Sheep
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

merrix

Postby merrix » Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:05 am

lunacynic wrote:i have an 18cm ams lgx with 5.5cm rte. that bitch is almost a quarter the total length of the implant and extends right up to the exit point of the device from my body. it's a disaster and this is why: it completely eliminates as an option the position almost every girl i've ever known prefers to stimulate her own orgasm, female superior. when my girl is on top, that grinding motion places shear forces exactly on the juncture between the hard plastic of the rte and the softer inflated cylinder. not only is this painful for me, it's a recipe for the premature structural failure of the implant.

A Titan has 5 cm fixed part in the rear end, even without RTEs (http://www.smsna.org/scottsdale2016/pre ... ns/206.pdf). If my memory does not fail me, Eid told me that AMS has slightly longer fixed part. But maybe I remember wrong, so lets us for the sake of argument say they also have 5 cm fixed part. That means that your LGX has 13 cm inflatable length and 5 cm is fixed (non-inflatable).
Adding the 5.5 cm RTEs to the cylinders, you will have a total of 23.5 cm whereof 13 cm inflatable and 10.5 cm fixed part.
Assuming the rule-of-thumb of 2/3 of the length is in the dick and 1/3 is in the crus, you will have 2/3 of the total 23.5 cm in your dick, i.e. 2/3*23.5 cm = 15.7 cm and 1/3*23.5 cm = 7.8 cm in your crus.
The problem though is that your fixed part is 10.5 cm but only 7.8 m in your crus. That probably means that your fixed part could even be entering your dick. That would not be good at all I guess. So probably you do have a larger than normal proportion of your implant in your crus, and it is just like you say - the joint between the inflatable part and the fixed part is right at the base of your penis, which unfortunately risks giving you, at least over time, a hinge effect and also like you say - and like the doctors in the link above say - an increased risk for mechanical failure in the joint.

This is a pretty good example of why excessive RTEs are to be avoided.
Even in my case, with a 24 cm implant and no RTEs at all, I will have 5 cm fixed part, and 19 cm inflatable part. Since my dick is 17.5 cm long bone pressed, and the tips go till roughly 1 cm from the tip of the penis, I will have 16,5 cm of implant in my dick. And since the inflatable part is only 19 cm, my joint between inflatable and fixed will be only 2.5 cm behind my pubic bone.
And this is without RTEs...
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:51 am

merrix wrote:A Titan has 5 cm fixed part in the rear end, even without RTEs ... That means that your LGX has 13 cm inflatable length and 5 cm is fixed (non-inflatable). Adding the 5.5 cm RTEs to the cylinders, you will have a total of 23.5 cm whereof 13 cm inflatable and 10.5 cm fixed part.
Assuming the rule-of-thumb of 2/3 of the length is in the dick and 1/3 is in the crus, you will have 2/3 of the total 23.5 cm in your dick, i.e. 2/3*23.5 cm = 15.7 cm and 1/3*23.5 cm = 7.8 cm in your crus. The problem though is that your fixed part is 10.5 cm but only 7.8 m in your crus. ... So probably you do have a larger than normal proportion of your implant in your crus, and it is just like you say - the joint between the inflatable part and the fixed part is right at the base of your penis, which unfortunately risks giving you, at least over time, a hinge effect and ... an increased risk for mechanical failure in the joint. Even in my case, with a 24 cm implant and no RTEs at all, I will have 5 cm fixed part, and 19 cm inflatable part. Since my dick is 17.5 cm long bone pressed, and the tips go till roughly 1 cm from the tip of the penis, I will have 16,5 cm of implant in my dick. And since the inflatable part is only 19 cm, my joint between inflatable and fixed will be only 2.5 cm behind my pubic bone.
And this is without RTEs...

first of all, thanks lost sheep for your additional insights and thanks merrix for pointing out the rigid portion of the cylinders, i'd completely forgotten, and the detailed analysis of the architecture of the appliance. that's what i get for shooting off my mouth without taking the time to review ;)

so i took some crude but revealing measurements. when my guy is inflated i can't detect any joints or seams, but when he's flacid i can feel a very distinct ridge between the deflated portion and the rigid portion. this juncture or hinge point occurs exactly where my penis exits the surface of my body. the flexible, inflatible part measures a solid 5.5" or 14cm. the hard part occupies the *entire space* from the surface of my skin to where it enters my pubic bone .. in my case 2" or 5 full cms!

i've known this a long time but didn't realize until this thread appeared how fkd up it is ..
65 - ams 700 lgx 5.5cm rte with 18cm cylinders installed infrapubic aug 23 2016 by bryan kansas austin texas

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:01 am

so i took some crude but revealing measurements. when my guy is inflated i can't detect any joints or seams, but when he's flacid i can feel a very distinct ridge between the deflated portion and the rigid portion. this juncture or hinge point occurs exactly where my penis exits the surface of my body. the flexible, inflatible part measures a solid 5.5" or 14cm. the hard part occupies the *entire space* from the surface of my skin to where it enters my pubic bone .. in my case 2" or 5 full cms!

i've known this a long time but didn't realize until this thread appeared how fkd up it is ..

It can easily get rectified - the reservoir plus pump will stay. Dr. Eid would only put a new implant in, without any RTE's.
He gave me the details. If interested please PM.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

lunacynic

Postby lunacynic » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:09 pm

strongagain wrote:It can easily get rectified - the reservoir plus pump will stay. Dr. Eid would only put a new implant in, without any RTE's ... If interested please PM.

thanks but i'm in no hurry for revision ;) i have several issues but ultimately none of them prove prohibitive. i live in asia where there's ample opportunity for extensive field testing and i have to admit i'm deliriously happy with the way the unit itself performs ;) i'll continue to abuse it until it fails, then head stateside to replace the whole system ;)

Return to “Implants”