Article on infra pubic vs scrotal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: Article on infra pubic vs scrotal

Postby merrix » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:47 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:That is a stupid callous remark that should never been made by 'someone' who thinks he is the ''ultimate authority' on penal implants. His 'ego' is going to bite him! :x :x
Donnie

Or, to look at it from an alternative perspective (me not saying which of those perspectives is right), you just made a stupid callous remark, and your ego has a problem. Or you are over estimating your medical skills in general and implant surgical skills in particular.
After all, in this thread, it is said that the world's two leading implant surgeons (Eid and Kramer) both basically claim no other advantages to the infra-pubic method other than it is easier for the surgeon.
Also, two articles claim far more disadvantages than advantages. That's a bunch of experts having this opinion. I think they, if anyone, are entitled to an opinion and to make that opinion clear to their patients, in two cases, and to the medical professionals reading their peer-reviewed published articles in two other cases. Sure, some other expert will have another opinion. But you're no expert. So for you to call Eid, Kramer, Garber and Montague stupid for expressing their professional opinion in the matter is a bit... well, stupid.
Last edited by merrix on Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

RichardTheFrog

Postby RichardTheFrog » Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:35 pm

Scrotal used to scare me due to castration fears, but I trust Kramer.
Implanted by Dr. Andrew Kramer 2/22/17. 18 cm AMS LGX with 2 cm RTE's (total 20cm).

Activated 3/11/17. Best decision I've ever made.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:02 am

Point well taken Merrix, :)
But I don't believe a Dr. or Doctors. should criticize others of their profession by saying they choose an infra pubic incision as a convenient preference for themselves. Implying they have no regard for their patient and for their own 'convenience' choose a method risky to their patients. :x I'm sure my Surgeon would take offense at such a thoughtless remark as I did as well as others whose surgeon's choose this method. :o I am a compassionate thoughtful man. My ego has nothing to do with it. ;) ;)
Donnie
Last edited by Donnie1954 on Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

merrix

Could it be like this..?

Postby merrix » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:33 am

DDBryan, and all others who might be interested, consider the following scenario:

There are two ways to put two plastic cylinders in a limp dick.
One increases chances of a perfect pump placement and of measuring the dick to get the perfect sized cylinders and of getting the tubing nicely hidden. It also slightly increases the risk of infection.
The other makes it easier to put in the reservoir in severely obese patients, or in patients with a non-normal internal abdomen, e.g. after surgery for other issues.
The former method requires more skill simply because it is technically more difficult to master.

There are thousands of surgeons doing this surgery.
Not all are equally skilled, due to talent, training, but most of all due to experience.
Doing thousands of implant surgeries makes someone more skilled than doing dozens.
Just like Tiger Woods swings that driver so much better than myself, and Roger Federer hits that forehand so much better than I ever do.

The best, most skilled, most experienced surgeons choose the difficult method, because they can master it and get the best possible results for their patients.
The not so skilled, not so experienced surgeons choose the easiest method, because they can get the job done with it. They would not choose the most difficult method because they know they are not skilled or experienced enough to get good results with it. So by choosing the easiest method, they also put their patients best in focus. Because by choosing the more difficult method, the one they don't master, they would put their patients at risk.
Just like Roger Federer hits his second serve in 160 km/h with huge spin, and an amateur hits a flat shitty soft serve. Federer's way produces better results for a world class tennis player. But for the amateur, it would only result in a double fault. So he chooses a, for the pro, worse method, but one that for the amateur's skill level produces better results. Heck, better get a shitty serve in play than hit a double fault..?

So for a surgeon who masters both methods, he would on average produce better results with the more difficult method. Because he masters both methods, and one method allows him to perfect the result and work less in 'blindness' when measuring for size, when placing the pump and the tubing. And he has developed his own techniques to avoid infection, and hence can do the former method still with a world class infection rate.
But for a surgeon who does not master both methods, because of his lack of skills or experience, he would on average produce better results with the easier method. It is better for him to get the pump slightly off and to compensate for a poor cavernosum measurement with a stack of RTEs, than it is to go for the method he doesn't master and screw up completely. And since he hasn't developed the same world class infection reducing techniques, he definitely wants to choose the method which minimises risk for infection.
So both docs put their patient's best in mind. They are just coming in from different angles.

I am not saying my totally taken out-of-the-blue scenario is the truth, because what the fuck do I know, I am just a guy with an implant who talked and listened to and read what a few of authorities in the field have to say about it.
But maybe, just maybe, this is how it is..?
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:20 pm

My local Urologist has done thousands of implants. ;) ;) Rest assured, I will ask him why he chose an infra pubic incision and will post his response. :o If indeed the infra approach is proven inferior, dangerous and subsequently discontinued, it will be no consolation to those brothers whose "Surgeons" choose this method. :( :(
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:32 pm

Agreed merrix.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:41 pm

And don't forget -

What do they call the guy who finishes last in class in medical school?

...Doctor.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:55 pm

dg_moore wrote:And don't forget -

What do they call the guy who finishes last in class in medical school?

...Doctor.

You sir, are correct.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:02 pm

Watch Perito's videos or read some of the posts on FT. Perito trashes the other doctors to their faces, to interviewers and patients.

I do not think there is a doctor out there who has not had their work redone by another doctor but some have a much worse record of it. Considering the likelihood of needing a replacement and the much increased risk of nerve damage replacing an infrapubic implant, that alone should be reason to avoid it. I did not want infrapubic but had no choice. The only doctor I could get to do the implant said he would not do it any other way. Second implant infrapubic nerve damage is mentioned several times in the literature including in a NIH and U.K. papers.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:44 pm

ddbryan1972 wrote:That is a stupid callous remark that should never been made by 'someone' who thinks he is the ''ultimate authority' on penal implants. His 'ego' is going to bite him! :x :x
Donnie

Lol, so two of the most well know saying that approach is better for the surgeon and you talk about them ego boosting? Come on man, give us a break

Return to “Implants”