left cylinder finally burst today....

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
wolfcreek

left cylinder finally burst today....

Postby wolfcreek » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:33 am

About 4.5 years after my AMS LGX implant procedure I noticed a marble-sized bulge near the base/left side of my penis (whenever I inflated). Not too painful, just a bit odd looking. I continued using it for the last 6 months or so and it finally burst today.

It will no longer inflate, and the bulb doesn't return to its "round" shape when I squeeze it. I can feel what appears to be a large rip/anomaly in the left cylinder, but the right cylinder feels normal. I suppose the saline solution has been absorbed into my body.

I was hoping it would last the "10 years on average" that I had been told it should. Maybe I will try the competitors implant device (Coloplast) when I get my revision. I have heard that the Coloplast cylinders have thicker walls.

The disadvantage is that I would have to pay for the Coloplast device, whereas the AMS LGX, I believe, would be free (but for the several thousand dollars I would need to pay the surgeon/hospital.

Anyone else had this experience?

Thanks

jonbaldbg

Re: left cylinder finally burst today....

Postby jonbaldbg » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:06 am

Wolfcreek,

I am so sorry this has happened to you. This is very unfortunate.

Before I got my implant I was told by several sources that patient satisfaction with penile implants is very high.

Evidently, there is a wide ra.nge of experience to be had when agreeing to have the bionic dick

I read where guys swelled up like grapefruits and found that hard to believe. I read where guys had no swelling and only very mild pain. I read of considerable differences in recovery time. So I guess different life-spans are to be expected?

I had a more than competent surgeon implant my device. I had no swelling and very tolerable pain. But the pump was improperloy placed and tubing was wrong, so I had a revision from another more than competent surgeon (one who's done over 5000 implants in his lifetime) and now I have much swelling and much pain and discomfort. I've become good friends with Mr. Hydrocodone.
The reason I'm up at this weird hour typing on Frankslist is I had to bet fresh ice and take 2 pain pills.

I hope you find a good resolution to your revision. Blessings to you, my bionic friend.
62 years old. ED for years. High BP and meds have done me in. AMS 700 CX /3.0 cm RTE Implanted by Andrew Kramer on 10/12/16. Involved revision to relocate tubes and pump performed 12/29/16 by Dr. Knoll of Nashville, TN.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Sorry your pointer went pop. I've had a little experience with fluid down there from other procedures and the body really can absorb the saline in as little as 1 day. I do not know how this affects the chance of infection but I would suggest seeing someone about a replacement as soon as possible just in case. Best luck to you!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

wolfcreek

Postby wolfcreek » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:06 am

Thanks I am working on that right now. Looks like I will have to get a Coloplast this time as AMS no longer has a distributor in southeast Asia...

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:14 pm

I'm 3 months post-op. And my AMS 700 CX Ms is working just fine. I hope I get 10 to 12 good years out of it. I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with yours. I still wouldn't give up on AMS though. I love the look and feel of mine. 8-)
Donnie
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Good luck. There are a lot of happy people with Coloplast also!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

maxxxxx

Postby maxxxxx » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:51 pm

alibaba wrote:Good luck. There are a lot of happy people with Coloplast also!

Yes ;
Last edited by maxxxxx on Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Titan 24cm . December 2015

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:52 pm

I am unworthy...
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:16 am

maxxxxx wrote:
alibaba wrote:Good luck. There are a lot of happy people with Coloplast also!

Yes ;)

Looks SPLENDID. I think I would be satisfied and my wife would be happy for life!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:29 am

wolfcreek wrote:Thanks I am working on that right now. Looks like I will have to get a Coloplast this time as AMS no longer has a distributor in southeast Asia...

It bothers me to know you will have to be out the cost of the device again too as they run $8000 U.S. and up. I conversed a while back with a guy in Australia that was told the LGX was not available and sent him the link to AMS Austrailia and he got the matter taken care of through their reps there. I seemed to recall Malaysia and others on the list so went back to their site again. Link here: http://www.bostonscientific.com/en-US/m ... d=dsp63897 On the upper right beside usa is a small upside down arrow. Click on that and it will pull down a menu of world wide distributions. Hopefully one of the countries is in your area and you can get the matter pounded out. Good luck sir. With a broken implant you deserve it. Cheers.

Return to “Implants”