payment for surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
rglassva

payment for surgery

Postby rglassva » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:40 pm

Hey gents - for those that don't know, I was a self-pay patient for my implant surgery back in August. . . my insurance does not cover anything related to "sexual dysfunction" - I had called the hospital a few weeks before surgery - the "estimate line" - and was given an estimate of $31k-$42k and was told that self-pay patients get a 30% discount off of those totals. So figuring worst case scenario I'd pay $30k plus the doc's fee I decided to move forward with the surgery. Welllll, . . . . after all said and done - surgery took over 5 hours and was more involved than even the doc expected - final charge was $64K!!!!! With the 30% discount, $45K. I called the financial assistance office and they said they could spread the payments out over 24 months - a $1400.00 per month payment (I put down $10k before the surgery). . . since that's a LOT more than my mortgage payment I asked if there was anything that could be done and was told someone would get back with me. A few weeks and a few phone calls later, I spoke with someone on Friday - told them the story I just typed here and that was hoping not to have to pay more than $500-$600 a month - being that my last $550 car payment had just taken place. The nice lady said "let's go with $500 per month" - if I coulda jumped through the phone line (uhhh. . .airwaves) I woulda kissed her! So that's $500 per month for the next 70 months. Still worth it - I have an erection!
Good luck to everyone that moves forward with the surgery!!!!!
Rick
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

alibaba

Re: payment for surgery

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:19 pm

Very glad to hear this news. I do not remember which implant you have but AMS did have an assistance program that financed with no interest and a program that reduced or paid part of the cost. I was eligible except I live in Missouri. It seems in a few states patient assistance is deemed a kickback and illegal. If you have an AMS brand you might call their help line and ask. Might be the right person could do it retroactive. At any rate a bargain. Hopefully you are beyond needing prayers now and enjoying the pleasure of working parts. You've been through enough. Cheers man.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:54 pm

Yeah, when Dr. Kramer was gonna do the surgery, I had gone through AMS for the financing although I didn't qualify for the reduced cost. (who knew I made too much money for anything!) But after that surgery didn't happen (well, he aborted once he got in there) - the MD hospital folks let me set up no interest payments as well. Still paying them AND now get to add the hospital in Norfolk to the list. I got the AMS CXR (or CXN) - but their free financing was only good for 2 or 3 years. . .and only for up to $20K. So all good. . .
R
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:30 pm

Bottom line is you reached your goal. I can't imagine the internal battles you went through to get there but you did it. You did it man. You made it to the top of the mountain and now you can plant your pole. (pun intended). Glad you were strong enough to do it and glad it is a success! One of the few reasons I had lurked here was to follow your long battle. Life is good but darned difficult. These are the kind of things a go fund me page should help with. A tough battle well deserved and well won. How many people can say in 70 months this dick is all mine? Barnes in St. Louis wanted a $30,000 cash or irrevocable letter up front from me or a letter of guarantee from the insurance which they said they NEVER do. A friend of a friend went to Mayo and they demanded $45k in advance from him. When compared to the doctors discussed here who advertise $20,000 implants in 15 minutes, it makes 5 hours at $45,000 sound like a bargain if there ever is a bargain in high profit medicine. Cheers brother.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:58 am

Awesome news! One can only imagine your happiness rglass! By the way, do you feel better inflating now? Any prospects for usage in the future? :-D Sure hope so!

rglassva

Postby rglassva » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:46 pm

Funny you should mention that Alibaba - I briefly thought about doing a Go Fund Me page. . ."please send me money so I can have an erection" . . . .didn't think it would draw in too many funds . . .lots of laughs but not much money! :lol:
rhabdomyosarcoma - 1975
chemo/radiation
e.d. since puberty

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:29 pm

You never know till you try. Put the info in your signature in the story for it and post that it costs a fortune to be the man you were born to be always wished to be. People around here pay for their funerals doing it up first class and all kinds of things that I do not think deserving but yours certainly is, especially because of why it was an issue and what you had to go through to get there. I'll chip in the first $50. This is in writing so consider it a contract. Cheers buddy. You have balls to match no others to fight the battle you have and follow it through.

Return to “Implants”