My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Lost Sheep

Re: My Journal

Postby Lost Sheep » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:30 pm

DougYetii wrote:I was implanted the same day as you! 3 weeks and I have no pain. I never did have much. I do get soreness when there is prolonged pressure on the inside of my scrotum from the pump. There is a very small amount of soreness in the shaft, but only noticeable when palpated. I have the most soreness at the ends of the implants. I have cheated and inflated to about 80% a few times, but that irritates the tips more. No more thickening in the scrotum, or swelling anywhere. We may take a gingerly run at 'it' tonight.

It sounds like we are having very similar experiences.

I have been reading about the virtues of 1) preoperation expansion of the penis (stretching or vacuum prep) or, during the operation, of being VERY conservative with corporeal dilation (which might be in the operation report or your doctor may tell you if you ask). Both are reputed to reduce postoperation discomfort.

Can you shed any light here!?

Thanks,

Kost Sheep.
Lost Sheep
AMS LGX 18+3 Nov 6, 2017
Prostate Cancer 2023
READ OLD THREADS-ask better questions -better understand answers
Be part of your medical team
Document pre-op size-photos and written records
Pre-op VED therapy helps. Post-op is another matter

DougYetii

Postby DougYetii » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:30 am

Sorry, I dont have any insight there.
Implanted 9/6/2016 by Bruce Garber
Titan 22cm with 1.5 tips.
lost 3/4 inch, gained it back over the year. Currently 6.5l by 6.25g.

Best decision ever!

ableman28

Postby ableman28 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:15 pm

Congratulations TopDog! If everything goes well your going to be a very happy man.

I believe what you do on your own after surgery is the key to getting the most out of the device. For starters read this, especially if you have a Coloplast Titan implanted:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25872574

I started inflating at 3 weeks. I think the sooner the better to keep scar tissue from developing so much. I started the inflation protocol in that study then, even though I could only hold the maximum inflation for 15 mins at first.

I was measured pre-op at 6.25" which was what I got with a full cc of Quadmix. My first full inflation I was 5.9". Pretty close. Within one week I was out to 6.25", as promised by my physician (Eid).

Now here is the interesting thing. I had significant bilateral scarring from an accident that left a one inch plus band of scar tissue across the breadth of my penis. Due to the accident that caused my ED I lost a little over 1.5" from my original 7.5" erect length. In my case really aggressive inflation "popped" or stretched some of the scar tissue over the first couple months post surgery. As a result I am now longer, when fully inflated, than the erections I could achieve on Quadmix. I'm at 6.75". In my opinion, only, I think that if you have peyronie's disease or another form of scarring, and aggressively inflate you have a chance of stretching the scar tissue and recovering some lost length. Thats not to mean you grow longer than you were naturally, its just that high inflation pressure stretches out the tissue and you get back some of what you had.

As for sensitivity, I had some numbness on the bottom of the shaft the first 6 weeks. Thats gone. Oral sex is good as ever now. The main thing I've noticed is that orgasm duration and to an extent intensity is greater. With the Quadmix that I injected for years I always had a certain amount of ache from the ingredients that interfered with orgasm.
Implanted by Dr. Eid, July 15, 2016

topdog

Postby topdog » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:23 am

What a coincidence; same day surgery (Sept 6th). Anyway, I'd like to keep in touch and compare notes. Its exactly one month today. I got a colonaplast model called Titan Touch.

I've read some random emails about various post-op issues on the forum but surprisingly I haven't read any issues about what I'm experiencing during this stage (1 month post op); working the squeeze bulb. I think I have pretty strong fingers but somehow I'm having trouble locating where in my sac to press the bulb and how hard and long to press the thing.

I'll admit I'm a little hesitant to press too hard down there; probably thinking I'll damage something. I was given a plastic replica of the implant inflation/deflation device to help me become familiar with the thing but I'm not confident about where to press, how hard, and for how long. I'm sure I'm going to have to experiment until I get more familiar with my new friend.

Any advice is appreciated.

topdog

Postby topdog » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:29 am

Oct. 6th, 2016: Exactly one month today after surgery. Pain nearly gone except some tenderness on the member. I got a colonaplast model called Titan Touch.

I've read some random emails about various post-op issues on the forum but surprisingly I haven't read any issues about what I'm experiencing during this stage (1 month post op); working the squeeze bulb. I think I have pretty strong fingers but somehow I'm having trouble inflating. Specifically having trouble locating where in my sac to press the bulb and how hard and long to press the thing.

I'll admit I'm a little hesitant to press too hard down there; probably thinking I'll damage something. I was given a plastic replica of the implant inflation/deflation device to help me become familiar with the thing but I'm not confident about where to press, how hard, and for how long. I'm sure I'm going to have to experiment until I get more familiar with my new friend.

Any advice is appreciated.

Return to “Implants”