Inflation bulb

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
galderson44

Re: Inflation bulb

Postby galderson44 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:38 pm

If it was me I'd call the DR. That is why you used him. My DR immediately called me the day I sent the emails. At worse he may want to see you. My doctor was super and at 15 days we were having sex again. Wife kept pulling bulb down as well as pumps it up. I have no feelings in my hands. Best of luck!
I am 74 years old and live near San Diego, CA. Had my 3 piece implant done 3 years ago by DR. Karpman. Due to MS I no longer have feeling in my hands and am no longer able to inflate. "ANY HELP" would be greatly appreciated!

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:43 pm

Sorry, that this is maybe too late for you but there was a discussion on the need to pull down the pump last year versus the doctor stitching it to the scrotum wall. This is what I posted then....

Re: Pump stitched to scrotal wall???
Post by roninhouston » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:01 pm

I posted this on FT about stitching .....
I think the stitch is only there to work doing the healing to hold the pump in place. And then it dissolves and releases the pump to move around. Some doctors have their patients pull down on the pump post op to position it low. Dr. Cornell was probably taught that it is better to just park it for the first couple of weeks with dissolving stitches and it will stay there.

I have a dipple on my scrotum which I think contains the stitch, just above my pump.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pre-op I asked Dr. Cornell if I was going to have keep pulling the pump down post-op and was told no. I did not ask why not.
BTW My scrotum dimple and the stitch disappeared 4 weeks post op. Never had a problem with pump position.

Good Luck.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

JDavid

Postby JDavid » Sat Oct 01, 2016 8:12 pm

My surgeon also recommended pulling down on the pump.
I am sixty-six years of age and dealing with gradually worsening ED for twenty years. At sixty-three I wanted something that worked reliably. I got an AMS 700 LGX implant in 6/25/13. I am entirely pleased with the outcome. My surgeon was Dr. Karpman.

Return to “Implants”