Problems deflating implant?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
lapiste

Problems deflating implant?

Postby lapiste » Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:47 am

Hi all,

I just got a Coloplast Titan implanted two days ago. The surgery went well and I'm not too much in pain. However, the implant doesn't deflate completely, which worries me a lot. My doctor said it was not normal and may be due to the reservoir not being nicely in place yet. He hopes the problem will disappear in a few days (as the reservoir settles). At the moment, I'm in a constant state of semi-erection. I'm supposed to meet with my doctor again in 2 weeks, which seems like so far away...

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I'm worried the implant may be faulty and may need to be replaced.

Thanks,
Nic
Implanted at 33. Sept 2016. Coloplast Titan. Venous leaks for my entire life.

billylee

Re: Problems deflating implant?

Postby billylee » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:31 pm

IMO, you should still have swelling and I was left with some inflation for couple of weeks.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:20 pm

lapiste wrote:Hi all,

I just got a Coloplast Titan implanted two days ago. The surgery went well and I'm not too much in pain. However, the implant doesn't deflate completely, which worries me a lot. My doctor said it was not normal and may be due to the reservoir not being nicely in place yet. He hopes the problem will disappear in a few days (as the reservoir settles). At the moment, I'm in a constant state of semi-erection. I'm supposed to meet with my doctor again in 2 weeks, which seems like so far away...

Has anyone encountered this problem before? I'm worried the implant may be faulty and may need to be replaced.

Thanks,
Nic

It's way too early to be worrying about this. Having said that, though, I got my implant (Titan) in 2008 and it has never deflated completely. I can hold the button and squeeze until the cylinders are as empty as I can possibly get them, but then some fluid gradually flows back from the internal part of the cylinders into the external part and inflates the device slightly. It's a bit of a nuisance, but you get used to it, and on the plus side your penis actually works. Again, at two days out you can't possibly know what the situation will be after you're healed.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

lapiste

Postby lapiste » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:57 pm

Thank you guys. This is really helpful. What Dave describes kind of matches my experience because it seems to me that if I squeeze really hard, I can get the implant to deflate a bit more, but after a while some fluid goes back in. As you said, it's probably too early. I know I shouldn't worry, but cant' really help it. Your experiences are super helpful, many thanks!
Nic
Implanted at 33. Sept 2016. Coloplast Titan. Venous leaks for my entire life.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:34 pm

hell...I couldn't touch mine two days out......
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:17 pm

Not to worry as I was left up about 20% and no chance of deflating for at least 30 days due to swelling. Enjoy the small erection and if a women notices, just remember back when you didn't have an erection. The photo show a 20% erection that the doctor left in place while I was healing, about 45 days out.
Attachments
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG (96.56 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:19 pm

I am at 7 weeks post op with my AMS 700 LGX and even with the longest squeeze of the release button; my implant never allows my penis to go as limp as it could prior to the surgery...

With the cylinders in my penis and the pump in my scrotum, I have a new normal.

On the plus side, I have a penis that gets super hard for as long as I want...

On the minus side, I have to come to terms with a penis that has a larger bulge when its flaccid...

Give it some time because after two days post op, you have some more healing to go through before you can determine what your new normal will be.

Joe
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

FlaDon

Postby FlaDon » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:58 pm

Two days and you are trying to deflate?!?! I remember at two days just being happy if I could stand up long enough to change ice packs. I didn't dare try to deflate it at all. I totally agree with these guys....give it more time. Give yourself time to heal, even if you're not in a lot of pain. But I really don't understand the doc telling you it was not normal not being able to deflate. Besides, most doctors want to leave guys at least partially inflated for a while. Don't worry about it though, I'm sure everything will be fine.
63, Central Florida area, ED for two years. Implanted with Coloplast Titan Touch (22 cm w/ no RTE's) March 23, 2015 in Daytona Beach by Dr. Martin Dineen.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:32 pm

You shouldn't be messing with anything down there after two days! The semi-inflation is deliberate. There is a delicate balance between having enough fluid in the tubes so that the penis doesn't scar and the tubes won't be able to inflate, and having enough fluid in the reservoir so that there isn't too much scarring closed in that location so that the reservoir wouldn't be able to fill and then you have an erection for good.

Once the shock, scarring and swelling go down, you will cycle to assure plenty of room in the areas of both the tubes in the penis and the reservoir area. But for now you need to heal and leave the thing alone.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

merrix

Postby merrix » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Nic,

I thought I had stopped entering into discussions like this one, but here I am since I think you are a young man (for getting implanted that is, and so am I) about to potentially destroy something.
If two days out - forget about making any conclusions about what your end result will be. Whatever you are experiencing now, things will be a lot different in a few months. Yes, a few months. Not only a few weeks. Thing will keep changing (for the better) for months. I can seriously say that I am nine months out and things still slowly get better - even though things are already great. But at least, during the first 4-6 months, there was clear improvements still going on.

And for the deflation: This is probably the one thing which requires the longest ride on the learning curve. I started inflating/deflating after 13 days, which is early. Your two days is crazy early. Not sure it is bad, but not necessarily good either.
The risk is that you expect things to work perfectly, but it never will after two frigging days.
If I compare the deflation I could get after two weeks with the deflation I can get now - heck, that is an enormous difference. I thought I squeezed and pressed as hard as possible, but still I got the 'flow back' and within an hour I wasn't completely deflated. I remember hosting a huge sales and management conference at work after a couple of months. I still had a semi-boner I was trying to hide. I still hadn't gotten to the point where I could completely deflate. I also thought this is just a defect of the Titan.
Forget that.
Nowadays, whatever level I deflate to, it stays there. I can get it completely deflated and if so, it stays like that.
But even after 2-3 months, I still had that 'flow-back' or 'auto-inflate' problem.
Now, I can get my Titan hanging straight down, pliable almost like a natural flaccid.

What is this about then?
Well, first of all, it is about handling. Deflating is not that easy. You have done it now, what? 5 times? In six months from now, you will have done it hundreds of times. You must understand that this is a skill like anything else. And you will get better at it. My advice is to squeeze simultaneously the dick with one hand and to press the perineal area with the other. Your cylinders are not only in your penis you know. They go way back. But don't deflate completely now. As someone said above, you should have some level of inflation to avoid too much scar tissue forming in your dick. If that happens you will struggle to ever being able to get a good inflation. And you don't want that.

Second, there is swelling. Even if you drain every molecule of saline in your dick, there is so much other fluids there after surgery. Not IN the cylinders of course, but in your dick. Outside the cylinders. And when you squeeze your dick, pressing the saline out of the cylinders, you are squeezing the body (swelling) fluids out of your dick as well. The saline does NOT flow back into the cylinders. But your body fluids DO flow back into your dick. It will take time, much longer time than you think, for all your swelling to be gone. Expect your girth to shrink before it starts to grow again. It will shrink because your swelling will disappear.

So take my advice: Take it easy. Give it time. You say you have had venous leak for all your life just like me. Now you have fixed the problem. You are about to start having the greatest sex of your life, and you are still young enough to have sex with women at the peak of their sexuality. You have time. Don't destroy anything by being impatient.
Just get it into your head that the end result is still about 6 months away. The only thing you need to focus on is that you see a slow but steady progress from week to week, month to month. Not day to day. Two days is nothing. After two days I couldn't even get out of bed. I was in horrible pain. Nine months later, I have the best possible results one could ever get.
Read my latest update in 'My Journal'.

So take it easy. All will most likely be just fine. And whatever you experience after two days in terms if deflation means nothing. You seem to be having an extreme quick recovery. Don't misuse that recovery to mess things up. Accept that your dick needs time now. Give him that time.

Good Luck.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”