Well I did it! Today

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
roninhouston

Re: Well I did it! Today

Postby roninhouston » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:04 pm

beachbum wrote:Day 5 AI (after implant)
During this time my wife has lost her interest in sex. So I've gone into this knowing that there was a better than 90% chance I won't use it. Other than self pleasure. And I accepted that. But I now know, unless something really goes wrong, that I can have sex if the opportunity comes and my wife wants to again. I know that I can walk around and see an erection when ever I want. It was always nice to see a good erection in the morning or at night. And thats something I really missed. The knowledge that I'm not broke anymore is great.

Have been following your recovery and it sounds like you are doing well. You have a great outlook which serves you well.

Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood!
Posted this in the Implant Discussion Board, but thought it applies here too. The thread started when a man's wife had a low desire ......

Unfortunately getting an implant does not make a bad relationship better. Many of our partners and us, have given up on the intimate side of the relationship. Once intercourse was problematic because their partners have had ED for a long period of time. If one does not find ways to keep the fire in the relationship the desire for intimacy may diminish. We end up living as friends but not as lovers. Of course this is to assume you have eliminated all medical issues that may kill ones sex drive. Partners Counseling maybe an option too.

If you want to pursue rekindling the desire this is good book written for senior partners about health and sex. It recommends ways to revive desire in women and men, putting intimacy back into relationships. It is available in book form, but It is also available in audio on Audible. Audio would allow you and your wife to listen to it together. This book goes beyond "in and out" penetration and discusses many ways to have a sexual life together again. The last chapter sums it up.....Better Now than Than Ever: the Joys of Older-Age Sex

Naked at Our Age: Talking Out Loud about Senior Sex by Joan Price
Foreword by Betty Dodson
Chapter 1. The Old Ways Don’t Do It Anymore!
Chapter 2. Reviving Desire
Chapter 3. Sex Toys: Now More Than Ever
Chapter 4. Together yet Alone: Is This My Marriage?
Chapter 5. Talking about Sex
Chapter 6. Off the Beaten Path: Nontraditional Sex Practices and Relationships
Chapter 7. Surviving Divorce, Breakup, Betrayal
Chapter 8. Sex with Myself
Chapter 9. Unlearning Our Upbringing: Women’s Stories
Chapter 10. Unlearning Our Upbringing: Men’s Stories
Chapter 11. When Sex Hurts: Vulvar/Vaginal Pain
Chapter 12. Reclaiming Sexuality After Cancer
Chapter 13. Erectile Dysfunction: What Men Don't Say Out Loud
Chapter 14. Erectile Dysfunction: Women Speak Out
Chapter 15. No Way Back: When Your Partner Has Alzheimer’s Disease
Chapter 16. Death, Grieving . . . and Then What?
Chapter 17. Sensuality for Hire
Chapter 18. DWO: Dating While Old(er)
Chapter 19. Safer Sex—Yes, At Our Age
Chapter 20. Better Now than Than Ever: the Joys of Older-Age Sex

The book ends with "Meet Our Experts", information where you can seek help for all types of senior situations. She mentions FrankTalk in this chapter.

Joan's website is http://www.joanprice.com/nakedatourage.html She has several videos there talking about the book and joys of senior sex. Joan has a new book that expands on this one.

Hopefully you and your wife can rekindle the intimate side of your marriage.
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

Cigar56

Postby Cigar56 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:44 am

I salute all men for addressing their ED problems -- even if their wives are no longer interested in sex. Just as I started injections my wife began to lose interest in sex, but I am undeterred. Like the original poster on this thread, I started down the injections/implant path I wanted to do it for me. A year later, I am completely happy with the decision to begin injections, and I'm already thinking about an implant in a couple years. Few things make a man feel better about himself than being able to look in the mirror and see a stiff erection sticking straight out. It's a part of our DNA.
I've tried everything -- pills, injections pumps -- and now I am at the final frontier.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:29 pm

Day 10A.I.: Cigar56, That was pretty much my thoughts about doing this. I was and still am very very much hoping that now that I can get a good erection whenever and keep it as long as needed my wife will become interested again. Even if it just to play around. But if not then there is nothing I can do but enjoy it myself for myself. And I have NO intention of running around on my wife just because there is no sex between us any more. Our marriage is more than that. But I can and will use the implant solo if that's what it comes to.

Today has been a very good day. Very little pain/discomfort. Mainly when sitting on a hard chair or getting in and out of the car. Actually the past couple of days have been that way. Haven't had any pain med(script or Tylenol) for the past 2 days. There is still a lot of swelling in the pubic area and in the scrotum but its going down a little every day. The bruising is starting to fade some but still looks pretty dark. I've been more active in pulling the pump down and over more to the middle of the sack. Seems to be working. A lot of the thickness in the scrotum is gone. Can now really feel the bulb and top block. This afternoon i decided to go ahead a give it a good squeeze just to see if 1 I could hold on to it enough and 2 to see if it would pump. Well both happened. As I was squeezing I felt it pop and flatten. Gave it one more and then felt for the release button. The button was right there easy to find and push. Held it down and felt the fluid leaving the penis. :D :D :D. So anyway I did it again only this time pumped it up about 4 or 5,. Got a very nice erection. Not supper big or supper hard but very nice. A little over 5" and that's form the skin not bone and remembering its still swollen there I'm OK with it. Also though not spike hard or towel hard it was standing straight out. And after all this time with half hard's believe me IT WAS BEAUTIFUL to me. Keep it that way for about 10/15 min then let it off. It was getting sore. Put ice on and just smiling :) about it. Was fun again walking around the house with a hard on. Don't know If I will pump it up again tonight or even tomorrow. It will depend on how everything feel. But for now it has been worth everything that I've gone through to get this.

So that's about it for now. I have to thank everyone here on Frank Talk for sharing what they went through and what made it better for them. I had a real good idea of what to expect and not to panic if something didn't look just right or act right. Also I can honestly say that I never got that "What have I done to myself feeling". Never hated my Dr. And never second guessed my decision to do this.Because I knew about all of these things I think I was prepared for them and could handle them in a positive way. I don't think that I could have with out this forum. So again Thank All of You
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:06 pm

Beachbum,

That's great to hear. Sounds like things are progressing nicely. You can hear the excitement in your words as you describe one pump then another. I'm happy for you man!! I hope your wife finds your new toy most interesting and exciting also!!

Best of luck,

Jimbruski
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:35 pm

2 weeks A.I.: Things are progressing nicely. Swelling is down. Bruising is fading. Pain/discomfort is mainly in the scrotum where the pump is pinching the balls and sack. Still some issues with sitting on some hard surfaces. And some discomfort with some clothes depending on how tight they are. Been working on keeping or moving the pump down and over. That seems to be working out ok. I have been able to pump and deflate fairly easy. Haven't really pushed it though. Put a couple of pumps in the other day just to fill the penis up a little. Mainly to take the kinks out. That was good. Little or no pain. This morning I pumped it up to just the point where it wanted to hurt a little. Mostly the girth streching. Left it that way while I took a long shower. Sleeping has been fine. Found it is most comfortable for me nude. So thats back to almost normal. The incision is healing up very nicely. I think a couple of the stiches have desolved all ready. So all n all I'm very happy with everything. I still have no idea of what the size is going to be when all is done but I cant do anything about that now but hope. My Dr told me from the start that it wont be back to what it was 10/15 years ago but would be what I could stretch it out. I could 7" with a VED so I'm hoping something close to that.

Mentally I'm feeling good. Even with the little progress I have had I feel somewhat happier overall. There is no second guessing, no thinking I wasted my time. No thinking that it was crazy to do this because it may never be used. To me, it was just the right thing to do. Like others had said, l wish I had known about this 10 years ago. I would have done it then and who knows what things would be like today.

If I was asked would I recommend someone else getting an implant I would have to say yes but for sure do some research on it. Not all come out good. As seen here on Frank Talk some have turned out really bad. So do your research and check out your Dr as much as you can.

So thats about it for now. Will post again in a few days as things progress.
71. ED for about 10+ years to one extent or another. Implanted 9/14/2016 AMS CX 18+3 Fl/ Ky

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:42 pm

If I was asked would I recommend someone else getting an implant I would have to say yes but for sure do some research on it. Not all come out good. As seen here on Frank Talk some have turned out really bad.

Yes, some men have had a very rough time of it. The way I looked at it though was I had nothing left to try. Every single solution had been tried and ultimately failed and my penis was disappearing into my body. An implant was the only thing left. If it turned out badly I was not going to lose anything else, literally nothing left to lose, and the odds were greatly in my favour that I would have much to gain. Just a different view point.

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:33 pm

Actually I'll be having my implant Monday Oct 3rd at 1300. Florida Hospital Kissimmee will be keeping me overnight. Dr. Edward Kata of Florida Urology Associates will be implanting an AMS 700. I've had ED for 10+ years and radiation for prostate cancer made it worse. I've tried pills, injections, and now a VED. I'm 62 and ready for this life changing operation. I've got a 'bionic buddy' who has been a Godsend. Any advice and encouragement would be grately appreciated. More posts forthcoming. Prayers appreciated.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:02 pm

Well ddbryan1972, pretty soon you'll be hearing those long awaited words: "Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood!" I threw in a couple prayers for you for no complications and great psyche. You'll be fine.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:51 pm

Beachbum, glad to hear you are doing well. Keep posting as you continue to heal.

DdBryan1972, good luck to you. I'll be having my implant done on Dec. 1 so I'll be following your progress closely. Please post How your surgery went along with posts covering your healing progress. And yes, prayers your way for a successful implant!!

Jimbruski
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

MARKOS2018

Postby MARKOS2018 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:53 pm

Beachbum---you're under full control since you have done a lot of reading and research. It's a lot easier knowing about the implant surgery. Do what doc says and you'll be up to your gold standard.

Ddbryan. You will do just fine. There are many here willing to give you support as well as prayers. Keep us posted on your progress.

Rod
Titan implanted by Dr Eid Due to Peyronies, Implant was the only option for me.

Return to “Implants”