surgeon reviews

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
junglemedic

Re: surgeon reviews

Postby junglemedic » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:06 am

rick61 wrote:I am scheduled for surgery in two weeks Feb. 15th. Dr. Brian Christene @ Urology Centers of Alabama. He uses the AMS device. Anyone in Alabama in here with experience with him?

I did. Oct 2015. AMS LGX 700. No problems at all.
Implanted October 2015 by Dr. Bryan Christine in Birmingham Al. AMS LGX 18cm with 2 RTE's

TANGERINE

Postby TANGERINE » Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:46 pm

I interviewed two really solid high volume implant surgeons -- one on the east coast and one on the west coast.
Dr Eid, in my opinion, is the "king" of penile implant surgery. His office is very well run. He gives his patient's his cell phone and returns your messages consistently. His surgical technique is exquisite as demonstrated on the web videos of his no touch technique. His office staff are super experienced with all issues regarding implants and can help you. He provides you with a list of 50 patients ready and willing to talk to you on the phone about their own implant experience.

In summary, Dr Eid is one of the few surgeons in the US to whom other implant surgeons run to for help when faced with difficult situations.

I have healed extremely quickly and well with great results. (my pump is in a perfect position in a spot behind my testicles where it can't be seen or felt during lovemaking, but yet easily accesible to my trained hands), no tubes are palpable anywhere, cylinders are totally smooth, and they are sized perfectly. It is the "cosmetic implant result" that was great with Dr eid.

I give Dr Eid my strongest and best testimonial and salute to excellence and talent.

PS: please do not use this as a springboard to debate who is "number 1", I recognize that there is no monoopoly on excellence, and there are probably 10 or 15 superstar implant surgeons in the USA. As above, Dr Eid is very obviously on the list of superstars.
"Strive to find the best surgeon--experience really matters"
(63 yo, Titan 22cm implant Feb 2017 by Dr Eid) I'm super pleased with my length/girth/implant performance. See my story at "The road to becoming a bionic male: Answers ..."

DaveET1

Postby DaveET1 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:10 pm

I went ahead and had the Titan on Feb.3, by Dr. Scott Caesar, Cape Coral, FL. This is day 16, and the swelling is just about gone. The Titan cylinders are right in the middle of the glans where they belong, and he left me with a boner I didn't think was possible, so that the corpora will heal as large as they can. The pump is right in the bottom center of my scrotum, but I foresee trouble getting at it because my scrotum is pretty small.

I would go to Dr. Caesar again in a New York minute.

Dave

kaschmidtke

Postby kaschmidtke » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Laurence Levine at Rush University in Chicago?

dg_moore

Postby dg_moore » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:26 pm

kaschmidtke wrote:Does anyone have any experience with Dr. Laurence Levine at Rush University in Chicago?

Try this forum search: search.php?keywords=Laurence+Levine
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:38 am

I know one guy in St. Louis who had 4 implants with area doctors that were complete disasters (bad enough they ended up in lawsuits) and went to Lavine and 5th implant he fixed it. I saw Levine last spring on his suggestion and did not like him. Office help seemed very disorganized. He seemed to have no interest working on mine, maybe because he told us he and Milam are buddies. He told me to wait a couple years to see if I could get used to my penis and if I couldn't he'd move the pump; not to worry about the loose skin and wrinkled glans, they would shrink to fit my new dick. That did not set well. Told me not to worry glans does not engorge, it does not need to. Left me with a nurse to answer questions. I hear people like his partner but never met him. I find Lavine's office hard to get hold of but after 7 tries last week finally got a gal that was real nice. Don't know if they faxed the records but said they would when they had time. I do like one of Levine's students in Belleville, IL and if I cannot see a new local guy that is nice will see Levine's student. He already said he would do my post surgical follow-up. Good luck. I understand if he wants to, Levine is a talented surgeon.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

livingwithca

Re: surgeon reviews - Figler (Chapel Hill North Carolina)

Postby livingwithca » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:54 am

I had my surgery with Dr. Figler at University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.

Dr. Figler used an AMS LGX. Surgery was performed at UNC's Hillsborough facility which is brand new and beautiful with a large room so it was very comfortable. There were 2 other patients having IPP that same day. My wife met the other wives but didn't ask if they were having AMS or Coloplast. I think Dr. Figler does both. Surgery took 1 hour. I stayed overnight (observation). I had a foley catheter that was removed the next morning. I had a drain but I don't think I needed it because it drained almost nothing. Dr. Figler wrapped the penis and scrotum in surgical dressings and put ice over the incision (scrotum). The next day Dr. Figler came in with the PA and and took the dressing off and took the drain out himself. I left the hospital at 10:30 in the morning! There was no swelling and I didn't have much pain.

I just had my appointment with Dr. Figler and he said it is positioned perfect and Leslie his nurse made sure I could use it. He said I only need to see him if I have problems.

My experience was PERFECT. I wish I didn't need a penile implant but I'm so happy that I went to UNC. I strongly recommend Dr. Figler.

dirtman1993

Postby dirtman1993 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:09 pm

I too would like to know who was botched as without some more info about this statement, I find it very hard to believe. I spent over a year researching Dr. Kramer, Dr. Eid and Dr. Garber before selecting Dr. Kramer. Surgery was excellent, healing excellent and would do it again in a heartbeat. He has always been there for me and can call him if needed.

The time has come I think to provide more info as to the 5. I am sorry you had a problem but no one is perfect as the last person who was, they put on a cross.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

Return to “Implants”