new member just had implant surgery on 8/31/16 feels like i got kicked by a bull

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Aven524

new member just had implant surgery on 8/31/16 feels like i got kicked by a bull

Postby Aven524 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:27 am

8-) hi everyone new member here..34 yr old...,suffered from ed for 3 years due to hypogonadism went through pills,supositories,and injections for 1.5 years finally decided on surgery,,Dr montague at the cleveland clinic inserted a ams 700lgx on 8/31/16..2 days out and im feeling like a bull stomped on my manhood!!!can anyone give me tips for relief?
34 ,,suffered ed for 3 years..ams lgx impanted on 8/31/2016 Dr.Montague Cleveland Clinic

dg_moore

Re: new member just had implant surgery on 8/31/16 feels like i got kicked by a bull

Postby dg_moore » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:57 am

If your doc prescribed painkillers, use them. You probably won't need them for long - I used mine for 1 day and then switched to Tylenol and ice packs. Ice packs provide excellent relief. In any case, you will be over this initial period quickly - good luck!
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Re: new member just had implant surgery on 8/31/16 feels like i got kicked by a bull

Postby David_R » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:32 am

Yep, pain killers + ice (+ frozen peas, some guys say) will help you make it through. My urologist told me that the day after he inserted the implant I would hate him, but later I would like him again. Very, very true! :D

Aven524

Postby Aven524 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:53 pm

Thanks fellas,,any nore advice you could offer me as far as first using when i get to that point?,,will the tenderness of the ball pump and the discharge buttongo away? and can you feel the connections? i can right below my penis on the right side where tubes go up to resevoir just wondering if that will heal over if any of you experienced that?
34 ,,suffered ed for 3 years..ams lgx impanted on 8/31/2016 Dr.Montague Cleveland Clinic

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:53 pm

Everything you're talking about sounds normal. The pain and tenderness will go away in time. Warm baths help a lot as soon as your doc clears you to do so. I was implanted at about your age as well. Congrats and welcome to the club. As soon as you're fully healed, you're gonna have a hell of a lot of fun.

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:12 pm

The pain and tenderness will go away in time...patience is the best medicine...everyone heals at their own pace...for me, it was 2 weeks before the pain dissipated...and 5 weeks before the swelling receded enough to feel the pump and release button. Sounds like you are on a normal path to healing...just have to be patient and do the old man shuffle like most of us till the pain goes away.

Joe
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:25 pm

Aven524 wrote:Thanks fellas,,any nore advice you could offer me as far as first using when i get to that point?,,will the tenderness of the ball pump and the discharge buttongo away? and can you feel the connections? i can right below my penis on the right side where tubes go up to resevoir just wondering if that will heal over if any of you experienced that?

Taking your meds should help you feel less of a kick by a bull. Ice is your friend for the next several days. Let YOUR body tell you when to stop taking med, after a few days I was able to switch to Tylenol. You will be tender and swollen for several weeks, I was still swollen at my 30 day exam.

BTW Since you are a young guy do not start measuring once the bandages come off, you need a couple of months after you start inflating to do that. Then some don't reach their new length until after 18 to 24 months.

The tubes will be detectable forever, it is you new normal and I am 13 months post op. All those cylinders, reservoir and pump require a lot of connecting tubing. Some may heal over and some you just don't notice after a while. Before surgery we are so busy looking at the cylinders and reservoirs and pumps, we do not realize all the tubing connecting at that stuff. After you heal you want notice it and that I can feel has never been a problem.

Do a search from my post on What I Know Now: Post-Op for tips of what I did doing the recovery period.

Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood,
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

Aven524

Postby Aven524 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:11 am

Well its day 12 for me,,i have been having burning in my scrotum (feels like razor burn all day) ,and have noticed the skin in the middle of my scrotum where the pump is, is very thick and weird like a 3rd testical and cant feel the block of the pump hardly at all now but can feel the bulb,,has anyone else experienced this?

oddjob

Postby oddjob » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:47 pm

Yes, that's what I experienced at the 2 week post-op mark...

Burning sensation around the pump and areas of thickened skin associated with the lateral scrotal incision...

It will dissipate with time...

Your recovery sounds like it's proceeding on the normal path...at least it sounds a lot like mine was...!

Joe
Implanted with AMS 700 LGX on July 29, 2016 by Dr. Stackhouse Tripler Army Medical Center
59 yr old type II diabetic with artificial aortic heart valve

billylee

Postby billylee » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:21 pm

Sounds normal to me. Emphasis on ice being your friend and patience.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

Return to “Implants”