Loss of natural erection.

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Defib1

Loss of natural erection.

Postby Defib1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:23 am

I am having the penile implant. I have erections but never enough for sex now. Do you lose that movement in your pants when you cuddle a loved one with an implant, or do you still get feelings there?

psyched123

Re: Loss of natural erection.

Postby psyched123 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:42 am

Oh, yes. You still get those feelings down there. After a few months the erectile tissues that are there recover and erectile engorgement takes place.

Like you, before my implant I would get erections, but they didn't last long and couldn't be counted on. If your implant surgeon is careful, he can leave a lot of those erectile tissues to heal up and provide that familiar swelling. After 3 months, I was surprised to find "morning wood" when I woke up.

You might want to talk with your surgeon right before you go in to the operation about this. I predict that he'll say not to expect this to happen, but it may make him a little more careful of those tissues during the procedure.
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:20 am

psyched123 wrote:Oh, yes. You still get those feelings down there. After a few months the erectile tissues that are there recover and erectile engorgement takes place.

Actually, when the cylinders of an implant are inserted, the normal erectile tissues are permanently damaged (meaning you will never have a natural erection again). This is why choosing an implant should be your last choice for E.D.

Glans engorgement (swelling of the head), however, is a separate process from an erection (which involves the shaft). I have been told that after a RP, for example, some men have glans engorgement return and some men do not.

In my own case, I have glans engorgement (and I can make the shaft hard with the implant). So when I am aroused (inflated or not), the glans swells up like it used to before the implant. (And a swollen head on the penis certainly makes for nice "feelings down there."

Defib1

Postby Defib1 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 11:46 am

Thanks for replies. It does make you think that natural erections would end or be not so good. Does the sex itself suffer with implant, or is that as good? Thanks.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:03 pm

Defib1 wrote:Thanks for replies. It does make you think that natural erections would end or be not so good. Does the sex itself suffer with implant, or is that as good? Thanks.

Your milage may vary, but for me the sex was way better because I could, have sex that is. By the time I was through with pills, pumps and injections the dick was dead, totally. So just having an erection again was terrific. As for the sensations of sex, there is no difference, better in fact because the anxiety factor has disappeared. The implant also considerably improved my PE which often goes hand in hand with ED. Others, sadly, report loss of sensation, numbness, and anorgasmia. There is no real way to predict how you will react, but the odds of a good outcome are in your favour if the satisfaction rates with implants are any indication.

As for residual erections post surgery, It didn't happen in my case, but then I didn't expect it to. I had no trace of natural erections before the surgery so the implant wasn't going to restore what wasn't there. Again, your milage may vary.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:26 pm

Sex is better with an implant (I couldn't penetrate before the implant since I couldn't have an erection, which meant that my wife and I couldn't have intercourse.). Send me a PM if you want more details.

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:53 pm

If, like most of us here on this forum, you have been dealing with all those issues of ED for some years, sex will be so much more fun for you. I'm only 9 months with my implant and already can barely remember all the uncertainty and disappointment that went along with ED sex. My wife and I head into the bedroom almost everyday for a good time. What a relief to get that monkey off your back and really enjoy your marriage!
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

Return to “Implants”