Who told you about implant surgery?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
dg_moore

Re: Who told you about implant surgery?

Postby dg_moore » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Nocturne wrote:I have a funny story to tell about this.

I first heard of implant surgery back in the early 90s, when I was in college. I was working in the student union breaking down a stockroom or something with my a few of the other young guys, my manager, and this older guy whose position I never learned (never saw him again). I'd guess he was in his 60s.

The guy would not stop talking about his implant. No idea how long he had had it, but he kept telling us how he could now "fuck [his] wife for an hour", and admonished us all, "Never deny your wife!" He was a crazy old coot.

The manager kept laughing nervously as the guy clearly made him uncomfortable with his talk, but for some reason he never told him to stop. And God bless the old guy. When my own troubles started, I remembered his words and realized that as bad as things could get, there was always some hope.

This reminds me of an Army mess sergeant I and my young fellow recruits had the misfortune to encounter on KP. He was possibly the most repulsive looking, smelling, and acting man any of us had ever met, and he went on endlessly about his vasectomy and all the women he was now able to "satisfy" without risk. I don't know how many vision-impaired, hearing-impaired and olfactory-impaired women he knew, but according to him they were just falling all over him. It's a strange world out there.
Dave, 80, Maryland - Implant (Titan) 2008 by Dr. Andrew Kramer (failed Sept 2020) - never used due to a stroke that, among other things, ended my sex life.
Life is not the way it's supposed to be, it's the way it is.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:47 pm

I found out from my urologist, whom I had trusted for several years by having him for a vasectomy, kidney stones (only once, thank goodness!), and a prostatectomy. He explained the ED options, I tried several of them (which I didn't like), and then -- supported by my wife -- I chose an implant. Turns out he is one of the most respected urologists in this area (which I didn't know) and he did not pressure me to make an implant decision. (He is also one of the most respected prosthetic urologists [mean he he is trained to do implants] in the area, which I also did not know.) Originally I found him by a referral from my primary care doctor when I wanted a vasectomy.

Am I happy? Oh yeah! :D And so is my wife! :D

Donnie1954

Postby Donnie1954 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:23 pm

I went through injections, and using a VED with the same Dr. for 6 years. After talking to bionic guys on Frank Talk, my Urologist, and my wife, I made the decision to get an implant. Best thing I ever did. 8-)
Last edited by Donnie1954 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Implant AMS 700 CX, MS (18cm x 12mm with 5.5cm RTEs) on 10\4\16. 64 Dr. Edward Kata of Orlando. Awesome surgeon. Check out, 'DD Bryan. My implant journey, Wit and Wisdom, Stretching routine, Implant Pics, Natural Hang. Live in Ga.

ValPinto

Postby ValPinto » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:52 pm

Interesting, my doc is in DC/northern Virginia- he knew I might be a tad complicated because slightly tough anatomy, he told me how great the surgery was and told me to go to Dr. Kramer and get it done, my doc even showed me Kramer's videos first. The two had never met, but he respected the work he does in Baltimore. That convinced me I think

Jimbruski

Postby Jimbruski » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:13 pm

My first visit with Dr Lue in San Francisco was for Peyronies Disease. At the time I also talked with him about my ED. He suggested an implant which would solve both problems. I'm scheduled on Dec. 1 for an implant. Can't wait!!
Implant December 1, 2016; AMS 700 CX 18cm x 12 mm +3.5 cm rte. 69 years old, married 43 years.
ED for 8 years, Peyronies for 3 years.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:42 pm

My urologist, who had performed kidney surgery and radical prostatectomy and my subsequent implant insertion, told me. He was excellent in all of the procedures.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

Return to “Implants”