AMS Deflate - Hold or Release ???

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
palace01

AMS Deflate - Hold or Release ???

Postby palace01 » Tue May 17, 2016 4:13 pm

Trying to finally start my cycling I found the Bulb too hard to squeeze.
Went to visit nurse yesterday who decided it was too hard because I was not fully deflated, meaning fluid already in cylinders, so hard to add more. She said I need to make sure I am deflated before attempting to inflate.
She gave/showed me a process to Fully Deflate:-
Press/Hold the button, squeeze penis, until vibrations in button stop, feel penis now soft/Deflated, repeat if still some hardness!
Two questions for you..
1) I have tried this about 15 times in last 24 hours, absolutely certain I am deflated(almost shrivelled up), but each time I go from Deflate to Squeezing the bulb it is still 'Rock' hard so I cannot get it to 'pop'. Sometimes I do see a very slight size and hardness increase, so I go through the Deflate process one more time, see and hear the vibrations for a short while, but still cannot get any form of good squeeze on the bulb. I've tried, all formations of fingers, thumbs and one or two hands but still rock hard.

2) This question doesn't really matter if I can solve (1) but out of interest.. My Operation Report says AMS 700 CX with MS pump.
According to the AMS website
"Called the AMS 700MS for “Momentary Squeeze,” it is designed for easier deflation. These features allowed the patient to first press the button, and then squeeze the cylinders to obtain full deflation. Holding the deflation valve while squeezing the cylinders simultaneously was no longer necessary."
If so, why do I hold the button and feel the vibrations ?
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

dirtman1993

Re: AMS Deflate - Hold or Release ???

Postby dirtman1993 » Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 pm

By pass the nurse and see doctor for this. I went back to my doctor and he provided some very good help. Yes the bulb is very hard to start and I had trouble with the release. I have learned to view the pump I go on my key chain and take time to feel for the raised button. once I find I press and can feel like a buzz as the fluid leave the cylinders. I continue to squeeze my penis till reduced in size.

Next time I secure the pump and press hard the first time for the pop. I don't always have a pop but continue to pump and it inflates just fine. After about 30 minutes or more I will release.

As I said, see doctor and ask HIM to work with you as he handles the implant more than a nurse. It worked for me and Dr. Kramer took all the time I needed.

Good luck.
Implanted March 2nd by Dr. Kramer with AMS/LGX. Had a problem lower left (scar tissue) and he placed a larger (thicker) implant as you can here on the YouTube video. Got all back, ED over 10 years before Implant.

roninhouston

Postby roninhouston » Tue May 17, 2016 6:35 pm

palace01
Two questions for you..
1) I have tried this about 15 times in last 24 hours, absolutely certain I am deflated(almost shrivelled up), but each time I go from Deflate to Squeezing the bulb it is still 'Rock' hard so I cannot get it to 'pop'. Sometimes I do see a very slight size and hardness increase, so I go through the Deflate process one more time, see and hear the vibrations for a short while, but still cannot get any form of good squeeze on the bulb. I've tried, all formations of fingers, thumbs and one or two hands but still rock hard.

Rock hard is normal in the beginning. The rubber bulb will be hard until you have squeezed, inflated and deflated it a lot. Somewhere around week two it will soften up if you are cycling a couple times a day. As it softens it will pop easier. Sometime the pop is not heard but it feels like you squeezed a grape. I have some posts which describe my bent index finger, with thumb pushing down on the bulb that is in between them. You can use two hands, i.e., one thumb on top of the other. Once you have given it a good press, give the bulb a second to fill up again. (One Kegel for me)

A couple of things will happen overtime, your fingers will get stronger and your scrotum skin will toughen. Once you have soften the bulb for one hand, it will develop a memory for than hand and you have to do the same for the other if you want to be able to pump up from either hand. :o

2) This question doesn't really matter if I can solve (1) but out of interest.. My Operation Report says AMS 700 CX with MS pump.
According to the AMS website
"Called the AMS 700MS for “Momentary Squeeze,” it is designed for easier deflation. These features allowed the patient to first press the button, and then squeeze the cylinders to obtain full deflation. Holding the deflation valve while squeezing the cylinders simultaneously was no longer necessary."
If so, why do I hold the button and feel the vibrations ?

Someone on FT said you have to hold the button for four seconds. I don't think it is a problem with holding the button down if you want to. To start deflating I hold the button for four Kegels while squeezing the cylinders. I periodically push it as I am deflating to reassure myself. The vibrations are the fluids returning to the reservoir. Sometimes you hear it and sometimes you feel it. All of this is NORMAL. Later, as you practice, you will also learn how to slightly press the button to deflate, just a little when you have inflated too much. Yes, it is kind of hard to believe, once you have had ED, you can be to hard. :lol:

Welcome to the Bionic Brotherhood.
:D
Bionic with AMS CX on August 14, 2015. Inflated September 15th by Dr. Robert Cornell.
Was 69 with VL
. Pre-Op VED Protocol Therapy and Post-Op VED Protocol Therapy: Pre-Op length by 6th month.

David_R

Postby David_R » Tue May 17, 2016 10:18 pm

I follow the directions of my prosthetic urologist for deflating: Hold the button in as you slowly count "1, 2, 3, 4, 5" and then release. Squeeze and bend the penis to get the last of the fluid out of the penis. It works for me.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue May 17, 2016 11:02 pm

LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

RugbyDave

Postby RugbyDave » Wed May 18, 2016 12:43 am

I deflate more or less the same as David_R - push and hold deflate button until buzzing stops, approx. 7 seconds then squeeze the shaft to deflate all the way.

Dave
Diagnosed at 49 with PC - Biopsy Gleason 3+4=7
Radical Prostatectomy 14/07/08 - PSA now undetectable
ED since op
Implanted with AMS 700LGX - 26/07/13 @ UCLH London
http://rugbydave.blogspot.co.uk

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed May 18, 2016 1:09 am

I do about the same as the Daves.
With the add on that I use one hand to press the perineal area while I use my other hand to squeeze the shaft.

Another note: The auto deflate (One Touch) works much better when deflating a fully inflated penis than a partially filled. When pressing the deflate button with a fully inflated penis, it goes soft and very close to completely empty within seconds.
When pressing the deflate button in a partially filled state, it is a slower process and it requires more squeezing to empty it completely.
Sounds weird but this is how I experience it.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Watsupp

Postby Watsupp » Sat May 21, 2016 4:06 am

I Also experienced softening of the bulb at 2 weeks. The first two weeks, difficult for me to pump not because I'm too weak but the soft tissue still tender. So I just bit the bullet a bit and inflated. Don't be afraid to squeeze the bulb

Return to “Implants”