Cylinder problems three months out

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
cas231

Cylinder problems three months out

Postby cas231 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:25 pm

Hello again to all. I was treated warmly on here last December when I was nervous prior to having my implant performed by Dr. Cornell in Houston. I am again interested to hear thoughts on what has come up. Thanks in advance for any insight.

As I have gradually healed up and began cycling the implant, I always had what I think is a problem with the left cylinder in my penis. I never had problems prior to surgery with a bent or curved penis, but now it points about 20 degrees to the left when the implant is inflated. There is also a bit of a concave-convex thing going on with the left side and right side, which is the convex side. Lastly, the left cylinder does not seem to be seated as far into the head of my penis as the right one is. Has anyone heard or had experience with this?

Disappointingly, I have not received much help from Dr. Cornell. I have emailed him several times. His first response was that I should adjust the way I "wear" my penis in clothing and make sure it is pointed to the right and not the left. A couple of weeks later I emailed again and asked if I could come in for a visit. Instead, he asked me to take pictures and send them to his personal email, which I did. This time he said he couldn't see any problem.

I have since contacted Dr. Milam in Nashville, and after explaining my situation, he agreed to see me. I have an appointment scheduled for next week. I guess I am hoping he will say it is fine after all, or that some sort of revision can be done with minimal problems.

palace01

Re: Cylinder problems three months out

Postby palace01 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:55 pm

Hi, I was implanted on Feb 12th by Dr Cornell. Several issues that he had to deflate me and tell me to wait until 9 weeks before he attempts activation.
I'm surprised at his lack of support. I've always got next day replies to emails but I know he is extremely busy because back in early March they struggled to find me an office opening 5 weeks later, even though it was he that requested it for my activation.
In my early days I had a lot of 'support' from williamb(also Cornell) and cincinnatus1951.
Don't know where you live but Cincinnatus1951 used, and was VERY HAPPY with Dr. Khera of Baylor Urology with an office here in Houston. Maybe easier than a trip to Nashville.
Feel free to PM me if you wish..
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

cas231

Postby cas231 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:01 am

Thank you for the response. Dr. Cornell has always answered my emails quickly, as well, and has always been easy to talk to. I am grateful to you for relating your experience with Dr. Cornell. It is very helpful to me to get a different perspective. When I called Dr. Milam's office I was told it would be hard to get an appointment, but after explaining my situation I was able to get one for this coming Monday. I am in Louisiana, about four hours from Houston, and already have travel plans set up for the trip to Nashville.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:32 am

Hopefully others will have a better idea than me about your cylinders, but either way keep us updated !!
Age 73
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:05 am

When you say it points 20 deg to the left, do you mean shaft is straight and pointing left or shaft is bent?

Either way, of course there is an issue. In a perfect outcome, you don't get a curve or angle which wasn't there before.
Furthermore, in a perfect outcome both cylinders reach equally far in to the glans.

On the other hand, not everyone, probably not even a majority, get a 100% perfect outcome.
In the end I guess it comes down to the trade off between living with a less than perfect but good enough result, vs. the risk and hassle of doing a revision and the probability of that revision leading to a better result.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:22 am

cas231 wrote:Hello again to all. I was treated warmly on here last December when I was nervous prior to having my implant performed by Dr. Cornell in Houston. I am again interested to hear thoughts on what has come up. Thanks in advance for any insight.

As I have gradually healed up and began cycling the implant, I always had what I think is a problem with the left cylinder in my penis. I never had problems prior to surgery with a bent or curved penis, but now it points about 20 degrees to the left when the implant is inflated. There is also a bit of a concave-convex thing going on with the left side and right side, which is the convex side. Lastly, the left cylinder does not seem to be seated as far into the head of my penis as the right one is. Has anyone heard or had experience with this?

Disappointingly, I have not received much help from Dr. Cornell. I have emailed him several times. His first response was that I should adjust the way I "wear" my penis in clothing and make sure it is pointed to the right and not the left. A couple of weeks later I emailed again and asked if I could come in for a visit. Instead, he asked me to take pictures and send them to his personal email, which I did. This time he said he couldn't see any problem.

I have since contacted Dr. Milam in Nashville, and after explaining my situation, he agreed to see me. I have an appointment scheduled for next week. I guess I am hoping he will say it is fine after all, or that some sort of revision can be done with minimal problems.

I had a similar problem with one of the cylinders a few years ago back when I had a Coloplast implant. In the early stages a cylinder is not set firmly in place in the glans and can become dislodged. My doctor had to reset one cylinder by twisting it a bit; a little like resetting a dislocated shoulder. Whenever a doctor stops being responsive I recommend faxing a paper copy of your concerns. If s/he still doesn't respond to your satisfaction then send a certified letter.

Good luck.

KMeister

palace01

Postby palace01 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:06 pm

cas231,
I just went back and looked at your 'Christmas' postings.
You had said " I am concerned about regaining the modest size I had pre-surgery, 5 1/2 to 6 inches. Right now, doc has me partially inflated which is 4 1/2 inches."
Would you be willing to share your '3 month' measurements (Yes measuring around the curve..).
Thanks
Age 73

cas231

Postby cas231 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:07 pm

My penis points left at the base. As far as a curve, I don't know if there is a curve as much as the left cylinder just doesn't appear to be seated the same way the right one is.

palace01

Postby palace01 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:57 am

But did you regain the pre-surgery size?
Age 73

palace01

Postby palace01 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:47 pm

cas231,
Hopefully after your Nashville visit you will give us an update.
I go to see Cornell next week. Just spoke to a patient that saw him last week. He said he looked very busy and a bit frazzled - No excuse at all of course !!
Do hope you got some good news.
Age 73

Return to “Implants”