Finding A Urologist

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Big Star Tom

Finding A Urologist

Postby Big Star Tom » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:15 am

My insurance is only good in Michigan. Most recommended Uro's for implants I see here would be out of state. How do you find a Michigan doctor that has good implant reviews? I am taking this step slow and want to make sure it is done right. I don't want to insult my doc, I like to stay on good terms if I have to use him. I need him soon.

JTVallee

Re: Finding A Urologist

Postby JTVallee » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:49 pm

I would check out the Universities
Go talk with the Dr's and see how confident not arrogant they are and how much they tell you and if they have a list of referrals and of course your comfort level
Titan OTR March 9th 2015 at age 48
ED all my life started with shots until oral meds became available the quit working went back to shots u til they quit then got my implant from Dr. Jodie U of Minnesota
Couldn't be happier

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Big Star Tom wrote:My insurance is only good in Michigan. Most recommended Uro's for implants I see here would be out of state. How do you find a Michigan doctor that has good implant reviews? I am taking this step slow and want to make sure it is done right. I don't want to insult my doc, I like to stay on good terms if I have to use him. I need him soon.

I don't know any docs in/near Michigan but here's my standard answer when a member inquires about docs in a particular area:

Try going to the Coloplast or AMS website to find a doctor near you.

Coloplast web site: http://www.coloplastmenshealth.com/find-a-physician/

AMS web site: https://americanmedicalsystems.com/en/p ... alist.html

Be sure to check the box for "Erectile dysfunction."

Now click "Find a Physician," type in your city and state and you should get a list of physicians near your area. (Typing in a zip code did not work as well.) Of course, from there please proceed with extreme caution. Some may or may not take your insurance, some may or may not have a great deal of experience in performing the surgery, etc.

Good luck!

KMeister

Jamesbond

Postby Jamesbond » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:45 pm

You have to make sure insurance will cover the implant.
If it does not you can go where ever you want.
Assuming you can cover the cost of implant.
Even if you don't ever see the Dr. The staff could tell you if your insurance
will cover the cost of implant.
Then decide if you want to see that dr

Return to “Implants”