Can't inflate past where implant was after surgery

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Epsilon

Re: Can't inflate past where implant was after surgery

Postby Epsilon » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:26 pm

Me too....same problem BUT my doc said even though it may seem like you're barely squeezing the bulb, a tiny squeeze works fine. He said I could pump successfully, even though it seemed like my squeezes weren't enough to do any good. And he was right. For a week or more I got progress (inflation) with a series of almost imperceptible squeezes. TINY SQUEEZES DO WORK.

Then, one day about two weeks in, it seemed to just pop and got lots easier. Don't call in your lawyers till you try tiny squeezes. My doc was right.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:25 am

I'll give tiny squeezes a try.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:14 am

DonBecker54 wrote:
Becker - where and why does it stop for you? At a semi or something hard enough for good sex? And does the bulb get too hard for further compressions or does it stay soft but pressing it just does not inflate further?

When I was semi-inflated after surgery, I was at about 2". They kept me that way for two weeks. Now when I try to inflate, that's as far as it will go. It couldn't be used for screwing a mouse. The first couple of pumps to get it to that 2" mark are easy. After that, I can use both index fingers and both thumbs, and it's like trying to squeeze a steel ball bearing. No movement at all. I'm certain that, if I used vice grips, it wouldn't move unless it was to break.

I don't feel any pressure from the cylinders. Everyone talks about the pain from inflating the first couple of weeks or months. I don't feel even a tiny bit of pressure from them, which tells me that the cylinders aren't moving.

If the tubes were kinked, I would think the penis wouldn't inflate to the 2" mark.

As for the "why", if I knew why, I'd be getting it fixed. ;)

Ok. To be able to understand and use the tiny little chance of helping, let me say this:

There is one scenario where all falls in place and there is nothing wrong:
You are pumping it full.
How do you know it is not full?
Pump gets impossible to press when cylinders are full. That's normal.
Length of the dick will not change noticeably, if any, between 3/4 full and 100% full.
How long was your dick on the day before implant? And by that I mean ekther injection based erection or stretch test?
Does your cylinders go halfway in to glans?
And, how do you know it is not fully inflated?
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:33 am

Before implant, it measured 6" using injection or VED.

I don't know that it's not full. I have no way of knowing.

Cylinders go into glans all the way.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:27 pm

Milam is certainly making his word good on "I am going to make your penis smaller and we are not going to discuss it" Did he tell you that same line also? I feel for you man. That SUCKS!
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 08, 2016 12:31 pm

A person would have a reasonable expectation to be the same or maybe lose 1/4 to 1/2" based on the singing praises group here but losing 4"? That is beyond reason. WAY WAY beyond reason. I thought my losing 1 3/4" was insane. Had I lost 4", I would have flogged him before I left the hospital.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:30 pm

2" is the length I've been at partially inflated since surgery. I find it hard to believe this would be my final length. Dr. Milam told me the size of cylinders he was putting in. I can't remember now what it was, and my medical records I filed for haven't shown up yet, but I do remember thinking that if the erection was that size, I'd be happy.

Dr. Milam said twice to me before surgery, "you're going to lose some length." It was my impression that he was engaging in CYA. We'll see. Or, if I need it re-done, we''ll see after Eid is done.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:18 pm

I thought it was a cover your ass when he told me also as I had several doctors tell me you "may" lose "some" length. Milam stated it as fact that you "will" lose some length. I should have taken him as literal. Sorry you have to go through this sir.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:38 pm

Well, alibaba, it wasn't CYA. The physician's assistant was able to inflate it slightly more, to the point where the cylinders were rock hard. I'm under 4". The day before surgery I used the VED device and I measured at 6" from pubic bone to tip. This iwas after losing an inch to Peyronie's. Now I'm under 4". I called Coloplast to see if the cylinders will expand at all over time, and was told no. I pretty much already knew that.

I'm going to contact Dr. Eid to see if there's any chance of gaining back the lost length if he re-does the surgery. It's a long shot, I know. Right now I'd be embarrassed to have any woman see this.

To any guys thinking about having Dr. Milam do their surgery, I have just three words: don't do it. If he were standing here right now I wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in his head.

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:32 pm

Terribly sorry to hear about your frustration. Hope for both his and your sake that you don't run in to Milam soon...
Must say it's remarkable he told both you and Alibaba that 'You WILL lose length'. And both of you did it.
Just a comparison with Eid - He told me all the time that he will measure my injection-based erection in his office day before surgery. We will confirm the measurement result together and the that's what I would get after implant. Nothing more, nothing less. We measured 16 cm and I got 16.5. And 16.5 was exactly what I could achieve on my best day when pills worked well and with arousal.

Becker - Just a question: To me, I would guess that if you had a 6" erect dick before surgery, then even your flaccid must have been bigger than what Milam achieved with you. How is that even possible, that he can insert an implant, inflate it, and have the dick shorter than your pre-implant flaccid???

Also, you say your VED erection was 6". What about your pills and/or injection erection?

Not that it really matters to you now, but I think it is interesting from a point of understanding for anyone reading.

Good luck with future actions, whatever they may be.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”