Did anyone here ever have their implant removed bc of pain?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Canadian_patient

Did anyone here ever have their implant removed bc of pain?

Postby Canadian_patient » Sun Feb 14, 2016 8:53 pm

Just curious, because I'm dealing with soreness and minor pain when I have erections, so I'm scared that this minor pain could be amplified with an implant. Any thoughts?

jeremc

Re: Did anyone here ever have their implant removed bc of pain?

Postby jeremc » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:48 pm

No thoughts, just one question. Why would you need an implant when your getting erections?
Page 7, 1st LGX 18+3 on 12/27/2012. 2nd LGX 18+6 on 12/11/2014, 3ed CX 24+3 on 5/29/19. bionicjere on Skype

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:19 pm

I have to agree with jeremc's question. I had pain on the right side with erections or w/o an erection. Just sharp stabs of pain. I asked Dr. Brandes at Washington University School of Medicine if an implant would get rid of the pains and he said it would not. Had them for 7 more years after I had talked to him about it. I have an implant now, 5 weeks in 3 more days, and I have not had that particular pain any more. Have some new ones in different places now, but not the one I had. I never learned what caused the pain. If you are using a PD5 eliminator, maybe you need to use a lower dose.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Canadian_patient

Postby Canadian_patient » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:35 pm

jeremc wrote:No thoughts, just one question. Why would you need an implant when your getting erections?

Because mine are very inconsistent and I can only get them when I'm 100% aroused, and sometimes I can't. On top of that, if I lose an erection, it's gone for the night, for some strange reason-- it's almost impossible to get it back up. I tried getting it back up a few weeks ago but wound up stroking too hard and hurt myself (and it still hurts down there-- this is the cause of my chronic penile pain)

But now this new pain is complicating things. I'm even more scared of getting an implant now-- I just don't want the pain to get worse.
Last edited by Canadian_patient on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Canadian_patient

Postby Canadian_patient » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:37 pm

alibaba wrote:I have to agree with jeremc's question. I had pain on the right side with erections or w/o an erection. Just sharp stabs of pain. I asked Dr. Brandes at Washington University School of Medicine if an implant would get rid of the pains and he said it would not. Had them for 7 more years after I had talked to him about it. I have an implant now, 5 weeks in 3 more days, and I have not had that particular pain any more. Have some new ones in different places now, but not the one I had. I never learned what caused the pain. If you are using a PD5 eliminator, maybe you need to use a lower dose.

So urologists can't identify the cause of penile pain? I'm guessing they can take a look at a doppler before the surgery to try to identify the region causing pain? Ironically, I had a doppler one month before this pain began.

I sincerely hope that your pain goes away, mine is minor but it still stresses me out.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:32 pm

Odd, just a day or so ago I said I've not had the stabs of pain since the implant. They are back. Woke me several times last night. Vile little buggers they are. I hope you get it sorted in short order.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Canadian_patient

Postby Canadian_patient » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:27 pm

alibaba wrote:Odd, just a day or so ago I said I've not had the stabs of pain since the implant. They are back. Woke me several times last night. Vile little buggers they are. I hope you get it sorted in short order.

Yeah, maybe I'm overreacting because the pain is very minor, but I'm scared it could get worse with time (or with an implant). I hope your pain goes away too!

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Only had them a few times the other night, a few stabs yesterday afternoon and a few today. I would be a problem if it was constant. They never have been. Suggestion is they may be a sign of the beginning stages of peripheral neuropathy due to years on some of my meds but I think that is speculation. Suggested the Codeine seizures were a sign also. Who knows?

Canadian_patient

Postby Canadian_patient » Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:21 pm

alibaba wrote:Only had them a few times the other night, a few stabs yesterday afternoon and a few today. I would be a problem if it was constant. They never have been. Suggestion is they may be a sign of the beginning stages of peripheral neuropathy due to years on some of my meds but I think that is speculation. Suggested the Codeine seizures were a sign also. Who knows?

Yeah I guess you're lucky since they're not constant. I feel some minor pain every time my unit stretches, that's pretty annoying but hopefully nothing too serious...

Return to “Implants”