is this odd?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

is this odd?

Postby alibaba » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:33 am

When I came in I was Quite sore from the work, more so than yesterday
Last edited by alibaba on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

merrix

Re: is this odd?

Postby merrix » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:46 am

When I inflate to max or close to max I sometimes feel light pain back in the perineal area as well and more on left side than on right side.
This has however gotten better and better and it never stopped me from inflating to close to max for having sex.

I just looked at it as it can't be more strange to feel cylinders pushing at the rear end than in the penis tip.
But I have never felt that one cylinder is harder/more full than the other.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Alibaba, I don't understand. You and I had our surgeries by the same doctor, one day apart. I was told to not inflate the implant beyond the 20% or so point the doc did in surgery. Full inflation will be done at six weeks. You've been fully inflating yours at about the two week mark. I asked about getting back to the gym and getting on the treadmills. I was told not until at least six weeks. No lifting until after six weeks.

I'm certain we've been told the same things.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

Cooper2008

Postby Cooper2008 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:18 pm

I was given the same advise for post workout activity. I waited a full six weeks and then the doctor cleared me for exercise. The doctor actually inflated the prosthetic during surgery to 20% I was told not to adjust the prosthodontics until the doctor cleared sexual activity 6 weeks later. I was informed the swelling must subside prior to inflating the implant to 100%.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:38 pm

Never had any swelling since day one other than one day above the penis where the big cut is on the Rt side where the tubing looks like an oil refinery.
Last edited by alibaba on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:08 pm

Yeah, I listened to everything Dr. Milam said after surgery. But I read where Dr. Zoot in Omaha suggests downing a quart of bourbon with the oxycontin pills and go jogging the day after surgery. That sounded fun, so I just said screw Milam and got drunk.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:42 pm

Don,

I had my surgery (10th implant) by Dr. Milam too and all went better than expected. In my opinion he's the best I've ever been to, and wouldn't hesitate to go back if needed.

Despite my experience and yours, it doesn't negate alibabba's experience and we shouldn't be throwing stones. I've been in his shoes a few times now and that includes another reputable implant surgeon. Every patient is different and can have a bad experience, and every surgeon can have a poor result on a given day. Dr. Milam is a great doctor but obviously not the best choice for alibabba as evidenced by his dissatisfaction with the result. Please be a little more understanding and let the man have his say. I personally endorse Dr. Milam, but I can't vouch for all of his work or advice. Obviously alibabba isn't happy with his results and I assure you he's not making it up, and early activation is not the source of his issues.
harddrive

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:11 pm

Many things MAY have been no issue if Milam were communicative. He's not, you have said so yourself.
Last edited by alibaba on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:28 pm

DonBecker54 wrote:Yeah, I listened to everything Dr. Milam said after surgery. But I read where Dr. Zoot in Omaha suggests downing a quart of bourbon with the oxycontin pills and go jogging the day after surgery. That sounded fun, so I just said screw Milam and got drunk.

I never saw Milam after surgery. Wife got a phone call from him after. 3 whole words. Everything went well.That is also a first after surgery. Surgeon always came out and talked to my wife and always came to talk to me. If I knew how to copy and post my record I would do it. Have you logged into MyHealth@Vanderbilt and read yours? Here is a copy and paste of part of mine below. The handout they gave me said no walking for 5 days but that is not what is in my medical record as posted below. Read the last couple lines. I have no intention of getting in a pissing match with you. Sit back and admire your dick. Hopefully it is well healed now. Other than the tubes sticking out, bruises in perineal area and the place in the navel that is yet to heal, the red line at the incision that is covered in hair now, there is little sign I had surgery. You are a month out. Playtime soon.

VITAL SIGNS
Height
170.2 cm
Jan 13 2016 05:55 AM
BMI
23.6 kg/m2
Jan 13 2016 06:58 AM
Weight
74.1 kg
Jan 13 2016 06:58 AM
BP Diastolic
63 mm[Hg]
Jan 14 2016 07:28 AM
BP Systolic
102 mm[Hg]
Pulse
104 bpm
PROCEDURES PERFORMED DURING VISIT
Insertion of inflatable penile prosthesis
DISCHARGE INSTRUCTIONS
Discharge activity - Do not lift anything greater than 5-10 pounds. No strenuous
activity. Showering is ok, no tub baths.
Discharge activity - Do not drive if you are still taking pain medications.
Discharge activity - Daily walking is good and will help you recover faster.
Discharge activity - You should engage in exercise as tolerated to improve your
health. You may go to the website of the American Heart Association for additional
information and tips on how to exercise right (www.americanheart.org

DonBecker54

Postby DonBecker54 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:03 pm

alibaba, sorry if that came across as snarky. I was trying to be funny.

I still don't understand some things you say and do. I know you're upset. I don't like the lack of communication at all. They're terrible about that. I have questions, but I think I won't have the answers until my 6 week inflation.

I don't have much experience with surgeons, but the ones I've dealt with have spent much, much more time with me than Dr. Milam.

If and when Maryann calls me to answer my latest question, I'm going to suggest they have a FAQ sheet so guys can find out if what's happening to them is normal. My right cylinder sometimes pokes out the right side of the shaft. Is that normal? Who knows?

If I''m not happy after my 6 week inflation, I'll be right here bitching with you. ;)

Return to “Implants”