Damn damn damn!@#$#@

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Anonymous 3

Damn damn damn!@#$#@

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:49 pm

I am coming up to nine months with my LGX now and the last thing I expected at this point was to worry too much about infection. I knew it was a possibility but it was becoming more remote with each month.

It started with a sore glans and frenum. I thought this was from the rigorous pumping I had been doing but instead of decreasing pain it got worse. I feel some discomfort in the perineal region from the rear tips and now a little tenderness over the reservoir site. Interestingly the shaft feels fine and so does the pump.I have tried a little pump and lasted less than a minute LOL. The pain in the glans was dreadful. I have also had a little runny white discharge from the urethra, not a good sign!!
I went to see the surgeon on Friday and he ordered urine tests to detect infection and I have a booking on Wednesday for a scope to see if there is anything going on with the urethra.

But I am not hopeful. There are just too many parts that feel tender for it not to be an infection. The glans are really sore right now so he gave me some Tramadol 50mg pills two of which don't seem to do much. I have no fever at this point and can do the daily things that I need to, but damn it all, it is sore.

We talked about removal of the prosthesis as the only option of course if there is infection, but he does not believe in the salvage procedure and prefers to wait 2 or 3 months before implanting a second IPP. Any thoughts from you multi-implant guys? He said if I really insisted, if push comes to shove, he would remove and re-implant at the same time but he strongly advises against it.

I have been a strong proponent of the implant as a long time ED sufferer and even though this has the potential to be a tremendous set back and awfully disappointing, I still am. It worked wonderfully well for my wife and I for the time we had it and gave me back a great deal of confidence and self esteem along with the other obvious benefits. I would still highly recommend the procedure. The chances of infection are really quite small and I guess my number came up. I will update when I know more.

DonBecker54

Re: Damn damn damn!@#$#@

Postby DonBecker54 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:00 pm

That sucks big time. Does your doc have any idea what could have caused it? I'm hoping your meds can knock out the infection.
Butchered by Dr. Douglas Milam, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, in January 2016. Lost 2" Before After

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:22 pm

Well, usually after this much time has passed, causes could include erosion or that the bacteria has been hiding in the biosphere around the implant all this time and has now found a way to grow. Most cases of infection are caused by bacteria which was introduced with the surgery and were on the skin. An interesting fact is that when testing removed prosthesis that had shown no clinical signs of infection, 70% were found to have bacteria on them of the type typically found in infected implants.

So far I have just been taking some pain killers. If this turns out to be an infection it is possible that the doc will try to treat it with antibiotics, but most are not deep tissue types and are not effective. Removal of the prosthesis is really the only cure along with intensive washing with antibacterial fluids and removal of all the infected tissue.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:26 pm

Sorry to hear that Watsup. I really hope that you're able to come through it just with meds. Fingers crossed for you.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:31 pm

Thanks for the support guys. It is much appreciated.

Marlo: Thanks for the good advice. If I could, I would. I am in Canada and I don't think there is such a thing as a high volume implanter here. And I cannot afford to travel to the United States and pay out of pocket, which I would have to do. My whole procedure was covered by our medical plan and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't pay for me to travel out of country. Actually, our health plan is run by each province individually and I don't think I could even travel to another province in Canada and still have it covered. I'm pretty much stuck with what I can get.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Watsup wrote:I am coming up to nine months with my LGX now and the last thing I expected at this point was to worry too much about infection. I knew it was a possibility but it was becoming more remote with each month.

It started with a sore glans and frenum. I thought this was from the rigorous pumping I had been doing but instead of decreasing pain it got worse. I feel some discomfort in the perineal region from the rear tips and now a little tenderness over the reservoir site. Interestingly the shaft feels fine and so does the pump.I have tried a little pump and lasted less than a minute LOL. The pain in the glans was dreadful. I have also had a little runny white discharge from the urethra, not a good sign!!
I went to see the surgeon on Friday and he ordered urine tests to detect infection and I have a booking on Wednesday for a scope to see if there is anything going on with the urethra.

But I am not hopeful. There are just too many parts that feel tender for it not to be an infection. The glans are really sore right now so he gave me some Tramadol 50mg pills two of which don't seem to do much. I have no fever at this point and can do the daily things that I need to, but damn it all, it is sore.

We talked about removal of the prosthesis as the only option of course if there is infection, but he does not believe in the salvage procedure and prefers to wait 2 or 3 months before implanting a second IPP. Any thoughts from you multi-implant guys? He said if I really insisted, if push comes to shove, he would remove and re-implant at the same time but he strongly advises against it.

I have been a strong proponent of the implant as a long time ED sufferer and even though this has the potential to be a tremendous set back and awfully disappointing, I still am. It worked wonderfully well for my wife and I for the time we had it and gave me back a great deal of confidence and self esteem along with the other obvious benefits. I would still highly recommend the procedure. The chances of infection are really quite small and I guess my number came up. I will update when I know more.

Sorry to hear this. I've been through it myself too...

With a whitish discharge, this is likely to be an erosion. I had that happen as well. The erosion can allow bacteria in and kick start the infection. Also, as you know already, bacteria can start an infection which causes the erosion too (which came first? Chicken or the egg?).

I had a salvage procedure done whereby the old implant was removed, all tissues got an antibiotic flush/clean out, then a new implant installed. It lasted about 3 days, then they had to remove that one and put in a malleable model as a place holder for a few months until my body was healed and ready for a new IPP. This would have all worked out fine for me except that my surgeon didn't know what he was doing with the malleable and punctured me at both ends. I had a vestigial looking tail on the back in the perineal area, and an eroding urethra up top. Was a terrible problem and it stayed that way for 10 months. There's a lot more to the story I won't go into here. I don't want to scare you anymore than you already are.

The main thing is to go to a top-gun doctor. Get the right doctor and it'll all turn out fine. For all my problems, I have the best implant (the 10th one) result I've ever had. Sometimes our bodies don't cooperate. I'll pray for you...
harddrive

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Terribly sorry to hear.
Wish everything works out as well as ever possible from this stage and on.

Just a question: Looking back now, were there any signs of this earlier that you maybe didn't consider at the time, but which you now can see were early signs of what you experience now?
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:15 pm

What's up
That stinks. I hope the news proves to be otherwise. We have all heard of the possibility but you are correct that after 9 months you would think that you were pretty safe.

Hang in there.

Scott
Type 1 diabetic for 34 year, ED for the last 10, implant on 11/30/2015.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:49 pm

merrix wrote:Terribly sorry to hear.
Wish everything works out as well as ever possible from this stage and on.

Just a question: Looking back now, were there any signs of this earlier that you maybe didn't consider at the time, but which you now can see were early signs of what you experience now?

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope so too, but I'm mighty sore today.

That is a good question. I had the same thing Alibaba is feeling right now. Urinating was like pissing razor blades and barbed wire right after surgery and it did not clear up completely for quite a few weeks. I had the occasional drops of blood coming out of the urethra even after several weeks and I wondered if somehow the urethra had been nicked or otherwise damaged. There was no leakage on the sides of the catheter during all the flushing during surgery, the usual test for a damaged urethra apparently but who knows. The nurse who removed the catheter the next day was not at all gentle; she just ripped the thing out, literally, so I have wondered about damage from that. The very first pee was hell and continued to be so for some weeks after that. Signs of things to come?? I don't really know.

I am scheduled for a scoping tomorrow to see if the urethra is damaged or eroded. I am not looking forward to than at all. My glans hurt enough as it is. I may know more tomorrow after the exam.

Other than that, the implant was a great success and worked wonderfully well.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:15 pm

Sorry to hear about this. I know a million concerns have to be running through your head. I know that infections can happen years later sometimes. Eid explained that and I am familiar with infections seeming to seek implanted devices though increasingly rare, but I cannot help but wonder. Is there any chance you had some type of impact injury? Something hit you when you were not expecting it? Reason I ask is I have done a lot of veterinary work over the last 45 years. Humans are not that different. Aside from the erosion possibility impact sites or bruises are often a place where infections start. Having so far dropped a laptop I was repairing and 2 days ago a laptop battery on my new silicone parts brings it stars and pain into view.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”