who would be the best regarded implant surgeon?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
edzo67

who would be the best regarded implant surgeon?

Postby edzo67 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:42 am

i live in the north east. massachusetts to be exact. i dont mind traveling to find the best surgeon for implantations.
who would be the best Dr. to talk to? Thanks

RelievedofED1

Re: who would be the best regarded implant surgeon?

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:21 am

I live near you. I travelled to Baltimore to see Dr. Kramer due to his videos and reputation and volume. I don't regret that and found it very easy to arrange local preop with my local PCP and then another evaluation right before surgery there in Baltimore. Dr Kramer and his staff spoke with me by phone several times before the surgery also. That said to save me a trip back for routine postop evaluation I saw Dr Nelson Bennett at Lahey who does implants. I had already been using the implant but he did an inflation and exam and complimented my result. He did this despite knowing I drove past Lahey which is 45 minutes from me and where I have had other urologic surgery to get surgery with Dr Kramer and was very gracious. The urology staff and my other doc there love him and sing his praises as a competent and great to work with doc so he may be worth a consultation if you don't want to go to Baltimore.

Other docs in Mass my regular urologist recommended were Ricardo Muniarez (BU) and Morgantaler (BI). I still think Dr Kramer has the volume and talent to have seen almost everything and should at least be worth a phone conversation. Good luck
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

David_R

Postby David_R » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:08 pm

I can highly recommend my urologist, Dr. Marc Siegelbaum of Chesapeak Urology and Chief of Urology at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center in the Baltimore suburb of Towson.

www.chesapeakeurology.com/physicians/ma ... ,-md,-facs

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:08 pm

Eid responded to my call with calls and emails and pictures promptly. Did not chose him for logistics reason, and travel expense only, but instead chose Milam who also responded positively in 2014, though been very hard to get through to his staff or get return calls since. Milam is within driving distance, that simple. Kramer I think would be an excellent choice and seems to make every effort to get it right the first time as does Eid. My wife was afraid of travel alone in Baltimore. ( same for NY or Nashville too) I hired concierge service to shuttle her around in Nashville.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Transit74

Postby Transit74 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:33 pm

edzo67 wrote:i live in the north east. massachusetts to be exact. i dont mind traveling to find the best surgeon for implantations.

I would think Dr Eid would be closest for you and he's without doubt one of the very best. His office is in a very nice upscale area and there's parking garages on the same block. I had my implant done by Dr Eid on Sept. 29th and I have absolutely no complaints!

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:16 pm

alibaba wrote:My wife was afraid of travel alone in Baltimore. ( same for NY or Nashville too) I hired concierge service to shuttle her around in Nashville.

We were in Baltimore in April during the riots for my surgery so I was concerned about getting to and from surgery and safety while staying there. That said even then we felt safe. Hospital was great and picked us up at our hotel and took us back. And people in Baltimore were very nice.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

bob1138

Postby bob1138 » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:33 pm

Dr. François Eid in New York City (Manhattan) and Dr. Andrew Kramer in Baltimore are both outstanding Penile Implant Surgeons.
Dr. Roberto Valenzuela in New York City and Dr. Bruce Garber in Philadelphia are also excellent Penile Implant Surgeons.
Best of Luck to you!
Bob

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Wed Jan 13, 2016 11:14 am

Paul Perito in Miami is my personal hero for fixing my first implant, botched by another surgeon....
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

merrix

Postby merrix » Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Most of us here only have experience from one surgeon. At least when it comes to actually having had the surgery.
So do I.
It means I cannot compare mine to another one in terms of results.
What I can say though is that I picked Eid for one reason and one reason only: I thought he was the best.
And I still think he's the best 4 weeks after surgery.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:03 am

edzo67 wrote:i live in the north east. massachusetts to be exact. i dont mind traveling to find the best surgeon for implantations.

Ed, Boston has a host of fine medical centers. Try going to the Coloplast or AMS website to find a doctor near you.

Coloplast web site: http://www.coloplastmenshealth.com/find-a-physician/

AMS web site: https://americanmedicalsystems.com/en/p ... alist.html

Be sure to check the box for "Erectile dysfunction."

Now click "Find a Physician," type in Boston, MA and you should get a list of physicians near your area. (Typing in a zip code did not work as well.) Of course, from there please proceed with extreme caution. Some may or may not take your insurance, some may or may not have a great deal of experience in performing the surgery, etc.
Good luck!

KMeister

Return to “Implants”