Will this numbness go away?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
psyched123

Will this numbness go away?

Postby psyched123 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:13 pm

I'm 8 weeks since my surgery and everything is working fine and little to no pain. However, the numbness in my penis is beginning to worry me. My glans has plenty of sensation, but the underside of my penis has almost no feeling and that is one of the most important sensation areas for orgasm. When having sex, I only experience a fraction of the feeling that I had before surgery. Because of this I'm finding it quite hard to achieve orgasm - very unlike before the surgery.

I presume that quite a few skin nerves were severed in making the incision, but I'm hoping that they will eventually get reestablished. Has anyone else had this numbness issue and, if so, did your sensation come back?
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

williamb

Re: Will this numbness go away?

Postby williamb » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:13 pm

psyched123, I am glad that you posted this and I am going to follow the post. I am 9 weeks out and having issues with lack of sensation ad a numb area on the bottom near my scrotum . I a hoping this will resolve itself but concerned enough that I have made an appointment.
born 1949, Cancer 2014, 1st Implant AMS CX 18 + 3 RTE, Oct 2015 by a Houston Doctor. Left with loss of length, Floppy Glans and pain, a very poor job. Revision in Dec 2016 by Dr. Kramer, 21 + 3 1/2 RTEs, LGX, Regained length, Glans supported and no pain.

scooter65

Postby scooter65 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Guys:
I don't have the answer but you can count me into the same camp. I am 5 weeks post op and am finding the same. i am hoping that it's just going to take a while to regain the nerve sensation (I hope)!!

scooter65
Type 1 diabetic for 34 year, ED for the last 10, implant on 11/30/2015.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:16 pm

I also have loss of sensitivity in the underside of the penis after being implanted. At this point not too worried about it as I had similar issues after a dorsal venous ligation surgery. I was scared that time, but the numbness went away after 3 or 4 months. I think it can take up to a year in some cases.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

upandhard

Postby upandhard » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:26 pm

Brothers, I am a year post op and have regained practically all sensitivity. The numbness you speak of is fairly typical. While I am sure there are exceptions, I believe the majority of bionic brothers do regain most, if not all, sensitivity.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:53 pm

DON'T WORRY! My penis was 100% numb after surgery and the underside had zero feeling until about ten weeks. There is some technical term, but essentially it is some kind of nerve shock. The numbness will definitely go away
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

midwestman

Postby midwestman » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:29 pm

I'm glad I found this thread. My experience is the same as the OP - numbness on the underside from the incision in the scrotum to almost the glans. My "extra sensitive spot" is about half numb and like the OP, this has way cut down on sensations during intercourse as well as oral (that is the go-to spot for the wife to get me really wrapped up!). Asked the doc about it and they said it is not a "normal" outcome for their surgeries but also said that nerve regrowth can take min 6 months so be patient. I'm glad to know that I am not the only one and have some special outcome from the surgery.

What type of incision did everyone have, scrotal or above the penis? Avoiding cutting nerves to the penis is the main reason my doc says he does the scrotal incision :(.

mwm

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:47 pm

I had my 1st implant in 2010 and this was one of the first things I noticed. It was a scrotal incision. Sensation never did return and I have really missed it. That said, I did relearn how to enjoy the sensations on the top side skin and glans, and it's fine.

Latest implants were infrapubic and have caused me NO LOSS of sensation. I wish my very first implant had been a properly performed infrapubic operation. I'd likely still be using the original and not have suffered losses in size. On the upside, for those who don't believe that the LGX can actually help some people gain length, they would be wrong. I've gained about an inch of length since my last implant. It doesn't work for everyone but it did for me and a few others I know (sorry, I digress).

I've had many failed scrotal procedures and the repeated cutting is probably why I never regained sensation on the underside. Most people (from what I've read) do regain (at least partially) sensitivity over time, but nerves heal very slowly.
harddrive

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:15 am

Interesting how your latest outcome is opposite of my infrapubic. Glans and top side of penis are numb but the bottom side of penis has a degree of sensitivity I've not had in years, from below the glans down shaft about 1 1/2". Things be what things be. We are not a product of science but experimentation. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:36 am

alibaba wrote:Interesting how your latest outcome is opposite of my infrapubic. Glans and top side of penis are numb but the bottom side of penis has a degree of sensitivity I've not had in years, from below the glans down shaft about 1 1/2". Things be what things be. We are not a product of science but experimentation. d

Everyone has a different physiology and responds differently. It's all a "best guess" type of deal I suppose. What works perfectly for one person could be the worst possible result for someone else. Most people respond in a similar manner but there is a narrow statistical band of people (me for instance) who's physiology never responds exactly as expected.

It's still a product of science... Just not an EXACT science... And yes, much experimentation.
harddrive

Return to “Implants”