Will this numbness go away?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
psyched123

Re: Will this numbness go away?

Postby psyched123 » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:48 pm

I am happy to report that at 7 months the sensitivity on underside of my penis is back to about 60%. After the operation and for several months, that area was completely numb. It does look like the nerves of the skin reconnect and re-gain sensation. I feel confident now that I'll gain even more feeling over time. Whew!

I think that if your surgeon uses the scrotal method, as mine did, the incision so close to the underside of the penis can cause some real problems with numbness. I wonder if moving the incision site further down the scrotum and away from the penis could result in less issue with penis numbess. I would imagine that if the big nerves are carefully left undamaged using the infrapubic method, there would be no numbness in the penis at all. Of course, I'm just speculating on this.
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

Epsilon

Postby Epsilon » Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:52 pm

Me too. Significant loss of feeling makes orgasm a rare occasion. I'm seven months out. Were it not for the posts here on FT, I'd be pretty dismayed and concerned. Thanks to those sharing their experience on this issue! Before surgery, I never heard or read anything about this likely hood of becoming non orgasmic after surgery. Everything seemed to be ham and jam, full speed ahead. Still I must admit the erections even without sensitivity, are better than the alternative which is no erections what so ever.

Watsupp

Postby Watsupp » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:34 pm

I'm am 86 days post op, I still have numbness, from what I read here, looks like 6-8 months process

mouseco

Postby mouseco » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:57 am

To all responders of this post, did you use a high volume surgeon?

archway

Postby archway » Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:54 pm

I am 1 yr and 4 months post surgery scrotal incision with Titan 22 cm with 1 cm right RTE by a high-volume doc in NYC. I was slightly numb the first few months and was concerned. Then at about 6-7 months it was better however had rare difficulties with orgasm. By 8 months I estimate sensitivity was 85 % restored and now it seems to be 99 % back to normal. The very slight numbness is not a problem at all, and my wife and I can go longer ( no fear of going limp) and I believe this has lead to longer and very intense orgasms. Just my experiences.. no complaints here.
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

midwestman

Postby midwestman » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:57 pm

I'm now six months out from surgery and my numbness is the same as it was the day after surgery - no noticeable improvement at all :( Keeping my fingers crossed for the next six months but I'm not hopeful. I really miss the sensations from that area. Vaginal orgasms have become few and far between, it usually takes manual stimulation now.

psyched123

Postby psyched123 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 7:51 am

Having experienced that numb underside for months, here is what I've come to believe:

That numbness is the result of a lateral incision in the scrotum right below the penis. The skin nerves that enervate the underside of the penis originate in the scrotum and can be perhaps permanently disrupted if the stitching isn't really well done and the healing isn't without issue. My scrotal incision was performed last fall by a Dr. Morey trainee and was awful. Very crude and messy stitching. Instead of putting the incision edges together, the trainee overlapped the incision edges and then pulled the skin of the top layer down to the bottom skin with crude (and painful) loops. It took forever for this angry mess to heal. The job looked very badly done, red, swollen, and quite painful. Also, he left about 1/8" of the ends of the stitches sticking up. It was like having a porcupine on the scrotum for weeks. I got painfully poked by this thing a couple of times a day. Concerned, I sent Morey a picture. Response: "No problem", but who was I to judge. Now I see that with that kind of treatment of those skin nerves, numbness of the penis is inevitable.

Dr. Morey's trainee not only gave me a messy incision and poor stitching, but also misplaced the right cylinder and, then, only filled the 100ml reservoir with 20ml of fluid. I went into the hospital last week to have this botching fixed by a real surgeon, Dr. Kansas. He replaced the mis-filled reservoir with one correctly filled.

Dr. Kansas made a scrotal incision away from the penis and it was vertical, not left to right. The vertical incision does not break the nerve connections going up to the penis as does a lateral incision. Also, the stitching was finely done, edge to edge with small, tight stitches. The incision has never been painful, even in the first days. Also, no porcupine. Stitching was flat with no poking ends left to hurt you. Result of this excellent job - no loss of sensation in the penis at all.

Also, Dr. Kansas prefers infrapubic placement. He says the recovery is much easier and it has much less risk of the numbness that results from cutting the scrotal skin nerves. Needless to say, this is the route I'll be going when the eventual replacement is done.
Implanted AMS CX 700 11/15 by Dr. Morey in Dallas (botched). 6/16 - Surgery by Dr. Kansas in Austin to correct the mistakes. Works great now. Very pleased!

Return to “Implants”