Becoming Bionic

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
C_lab34

Re: Becoming Bionic

Postby C_lab34 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:32 am

I know it's early, but if anyone has the guts for it, they can watch my procedure on youtube. Dr. Kramer has already edited and dictated the footage. He says such nice things about me, I was truly touched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCHdxnwYrhQ

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:59 pm

Hang in there! Every day you will feel a little better than the day before. And don't sweat the "regrets." I had them big time and I've heard that a lot of guys go through that. After three months you will be SO happy!
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

conway_96

Postby conway_96 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:14 pm

Great job C_lab!

As a fellow young guy I will be monitoring your story with great interest. Kramer sounded very pleased with the results, so just think, an uncomfortable month or two, followed by a decade of worry-free function. You got this!
29-years-old.
Potent erectile function until mid-teens. Pelvic fracture at 15.
Tried everything - pills, injections, shockwave, PRP injections, stem cell injection.
Life has been completely destroyed as a result.
Implant is the only remaining option.

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:21 pm

I am already feeling much better. I still haven't slept much, but somehow I also don't really feel that tired. Latest milestones in my recovery: I have removed the catheter, which was one of the most odd and uncomfortable sensations I have ever felt. That one is going to leave an imprint on my memory, and I already shudder thinking about it. But, I became much, much more comfortable afterwards. I've mostly been alternating between sitting up and laying down with my feet elevated, drifting in and out of sleep, eating soup, and reading and writing on my laptop. Just a few moments ago I removed the wrap and took a gander at my poor penis in all its bruised, battered glory. It's ugly right now. Looks pretty swollen up and down the shaft, and my scrotum is swollen and black and blue. Pain is much lower but I'm still taking the oxycodone every four hours. It's amusing to me, that when I told my mom over the phone what I was taking for pain, she said half jokingly, "don't get addicted!" As if I'm partying with these pills over here. I think the association will be enough to keep me clear of painkillers the moment I no longer need them. I'd like to begin transitioning off of them, or maybe just lowering the frequency, but I'm taking it one hour at a time. My last advancement is peeing without a catheter. I stepped into the tub and sprayed urine everywhere. It was kind of comical. Good thing I used the tub, but I still had to change my clothes. Peeing without the catheter was a huge relief. I am already making progress and feeling good about where I'm going. All of the kind words of encouragement are greatly appreciated. I could not have done any of this without Franktalk, truth be told.

gollam121

Postby gollam121 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Like Merrix you have taken a brave decision and I hope your recovery continues well.

Not being a big baby but the way your girlfriend has supported you nearly made me cry. She must really love you and that should mean everything when undertaking a procedure like this.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Regards
Gollam121
42 years old, Venous leak all my life. Pills worked but not so much then I foolishly did Scerothreapy (See young guys thread). Now totally impotent and just want an implant to stop me from completely crazy.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Glad you are doing better this morning. After watching your video I can certainly see why you were in so much pain! That was quite the procedure! Dr. Kramer sounds like a great guy, so positive, confident and obviously dedicated to achieving the best for his patients. I am coming up to 8 months post implant and know you have much to look forward to. It will get better day by day, week by week until it just becomes part of you. Best of luck!

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:12 pm

C_lab34 wrote:I know it's early, but if anyone has the guts for it, they can watch my procedure on youtube. Dr. Kramer has already edited and dictated the footage. He says such nice things about me, I was truly touched.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCHdxnwYrhQ

I watched this procedure for the first time ever, in your video. Previously I couldn't make myself do this but Kramer's commentary made it so much easier to watch. He makes a relatively complex procedure look quite simple. Amazing!
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:35 pm

Looks rough but looks like Dr. Kramer is intent on getting it right the first time. The rest of us can hope we have a doc that makes similar effort. Be well and heal well. Thanks for sharing. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

C_lab34

Postby C_lab34 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:49 pm

My temperature is running at 99 degrees. Is this cause for concern? I feel pretty warm in the face, and it's uncomfortable. Hoping this isn't a sign of infection....

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:22 pm

Don't worry yet. Read this first.

I went to Eid's office several times during the three weeks post op I ended up staying in the nearby hotel.
The first week my temperature was between 99 and 99.5 every time and I was having a blushed face and sweating all the time.
Eid didn't react.
I thought the temp was not normal, I normally have below 98.6.

And youi know I was under very close monitoring of Eid because of my abnormal swelling and pain.
He kept saying that as long as you don't have a fever or the pump is attached to the skin in your scrotum you're fine.
He obviously didn't consider 99.5 being that sign. Or he did but didn't tell me, who knows.
Anyway, I was around 99-99.5 for the whole first 7-10 days. And sweated like crazy at night. I woke up soaking wet, my bed linnens wet as if I'd spilled a bucket of water in the bed. Every time I though, Fuck. This is it. it's over. I've got an infection.
But as the pain and swelling went down, so did the temperature.
I got myself a thermometer and started to check regularly several times a day at my hotel room.
Here are the records:
Day 9: 97.9-98.9
Day 11: 98-98.2
Day 13: 98.8
Day 14: 98.8

And I am normally at 98.1

So for the first week, when it was at 99-99-5, Eid didn't make any deal out of it.

I just think it is the body's way of defending itself against all the pain and stress. Maybe it's also becuase of the severe inflammation (not infection) going on down there.
If I have a really bad inflammation in a muscle, which I'v e had many times, I can feel feverish.

By the way, i still have those nightly sweating like crazy nights. Last night I did.
And I just checked my temp now, it was 97.9, back to where it normally is.

But as you see, it was slightly elevated for at least 2 weeks.

So don't freak out.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”