Implanted at 38 and concerned about size & revision

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
merrix

Re: Implanted at 38 and concerned about size & revision

Postby merrix » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:56 am

I think I can sign up for the angle changing over time. Up, down and up...
My pre-op pill-based erection was somewhere at 2:30 on a good day, and a 4:30 too-soft-to-penetrate semi on a bad day...
When starting cycling post-op I was a ridiculous 1:30. Wondering how the F I would be able to do any position except standing up...
It then started to go down week by week and was down at something very close to 3:00. Let's say 2:50.
Then, as my number of pumps possible to get in started to increase, the angle started to go up again.
It is now at about 2:00-2:30 depending on how much I inflate it.
The 2:00 angle comes when inflating to max and results in a baseball bat with almost no base flex - in other words something pretty useless if you care for the woman you make love with. The 2:30 angle comes from leaving 8-10 pumps in the tank and results in perfect blow-job hardness with some nice base flex. And right in between those two, both in terms of #of pumps, angle, hardness and base flex, is the sweetspot for intercourse.

So yes Moetheman, I think it is fair to say that whatever angle you have now is not your finished product.
Time will tell what yours will be!
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:36 am

It's now been 3.5 weeks. I started daily cycling 1 week ago. At the moment it's just once a day for about 15 minutes, though duration is gradually going up. It becomes a bit painful towards the end. The tips start becoming quite sore so I have to deflate. My inflation and deflation skills still need significant improvement due to the posterior placement of the new pump.

Girth seems to taper off at the top of the penis. I have folds in the flaccid state still causing me pain. Eid said that the folds will gradually get softer. I've noticed some improvement in the last few days. Luckily I have no folds once inflated. Glans are very small when inflated and I can feel the tips quite easily. When aroused they still swell up but only when not inflated to max. I can't feel the tips when engorged, unless I really push hard. I'm very hopeful things will keep improving in the next few weeks.

I'm realising that healing is going to take longer than I thought. Also that I don't need to rush things. Eid said to start activities when I feel comfortable. I decided to try gentle Cardio in the gym but it just felt wrong. I was worried about the reservoir so walked out after 5 mins. Still worth a try but I realised that it's better to wait another 2-3 weeks than risk anything. As for sex I'm definitely going to wait until the pain in the tips subsides somewhat. As it stands it wouldn't be enjoyable at all so no point rushing it either.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

merrix

Postby merrix » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:02 am

Based on my experience - you're doing fine.
And I got a great result once healed.

I had pain both in tip and rear end when inflating all up to around 8-10 weeks. I inflated till 'discomfort' level (not pain), stayed there for some time and then inflated more and pushed through pain for just a minute or so.
Now, 4 months out, I still feel pain in tip at max inflation if not aroused. No pain if aroused. And no pain if not inflating to max.

I am just like you describe your tips. I feel them very easily and clearly if no arousal. But when aroused and glans engorges with blood - I cannot feel them.
And as you describe it, my glans engorges less when I pump max then when I pump a bit less.
Also, I still have kinks in deflated state. Never had any in inflated state. Kinks don't hurt though, never really did. But took some time to get used too. Now I don't even notice the kinks are there.

Forget the gym. I took 6 weeks completely off. Did absolutely nothing. Then another 2-3 weeks of light old-men's workouts. Didn't start working out properly till 10 weeks.
Not because of pain - if pain was the gauge I could have started earlier - but because I just didn't want to risk anything.
Glad I did that way.

I had sex first time I met my wife after surgery. 22 days if I remember right. But it wasn't very good and it made me sore.
I actually think it was a bad idea. Better wait longer and have a better first experience.

To me it sounds like you're doing just fine. Take your time and most likely you'll have a great outcome.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

archway

Postby archway » Sat Apr 16, 2016 11:23 am

Moetheman, I had Dr. Eid over a year ago. Started cycling at two weeks, sex at 5. A bit of soreness, nothing terrible. I always have a small fold which disappears after 6 or 7 pumps. Never painful, however I discussed with Eid a few times and he assured me it was quite normal. Tips can be felt flaccid and not when aroused. Length greater than Pre, not sure why. Same for girth. I inflate to 80 % for oral due to girth a bit wide for my wife. Best wishes. 65 yo and very happy.
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:51 am

Thanks guys for sharing your advice and your experiences. I think I must have been pushing it a bit much as my tips were sore all day on Saturday so I took a day off cycling. I started again yesterday but a bit gentle this time. No pain today which is good. I'll build up slowly as I'm so aggressively sized, can't treat it like the first implant :D

The kinks are still painful, mostly because I've started pointing the penis down when going out and at work. Its a relatively new position so the dick is getting used to it. Its just a bit sore after a few hours but is getting better gradually and hopefully in the next few days it should be mostly gone.

As for working out, the target is to start in 2 weeks with old man workouts as Merrix puts it :D Right now my workouts need to be focused around the dick. Currently cycling once a day but will increase to twice a day soon, but only pumped to mild discomfort initially. I think more frequent cycling will stretch out the tissue more easily and be less painful. Cycling also seems to help with the soreness from the kinks.

Overall I'm very pleased with the revision and being implanted in general. The only area that's annoying is my skill (or lack of) with inflation and deflation. I'm right handed but use my left hand to pump and deflate. Its a habit I developed from the first implant, but with the different placement of the pump I think I need to switch back to the right. I can't use much force with the left as I keep worrying about slipping out and crushing a nut. I also can't seem to activate the valve for the one touch release. I'm scared of applying too much pressure but switching hands might give me more refined control so I'm going to start attempting this going forward.
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk

merrix

Postby merrix » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:28 am

Inflation/deflation skills:
Yeah, you probably suck. But so did I.

I couldn't compress bulb wall-to-wall till quite some time after surgery. I thought there was either something wrong with it or that it would never be possible to squeeze wall-to-wall.
But it will come gradually. Now I can do 30 comeplete W2W pumps and then a few partials.

Even worse was my deflation back then. I couldn't get the valve to stay open no matter what. I pressed as hard as I could, but it wouldn't stay open.
I had to hold the release button forcefully with one hand, and simultaneously squeeze the dick with the other. As soon as I released the valve, the valve would close.
That made deflating a challenge, and quite a painful challenge as well, since scrotum skin was tender in early days, and pressing that valve hard for 20-30 seconds was tough.
I thought of course that either the valve has a malfunction or the OTR is just marketing bullshit.
Well, now it works. I just press it hard for 2-3 seconds and it opens up and stay up. I let it drain and then squeeze out the last liquid by squeezing dick with right hand and pressing perineal area with right hand.
And last, I squeeze pump once to reset the valve. This is when you should hear/feel the famous 'pop'. A pop is btw not a good way to describe it in my opinion. But you'll know it when it happens.

Everything will just loosen up.
The bulb, the deflate valve, the cylinders themselves, your scrotum. Everything will change to the better with time. Including the sex.
I wasn't overly impressed with the implant dick in sexual terms from the beginning.
I am more so now. It's just a skill like everything else. Maybe most important is to learn how hard to pump. Too soft is... too soft. Too hard is just uncomfortable for both.

I think you are doing the right thing to be careful with the tip pain. He has filled you up to the limit, and you should listen to your body. Let pain be your guide.
In the beginning I pumped quickly to the level where I just started to feel a slight discomfort. Stayed at that level for as long as I had time. Then pushed it a bit in the end, accepted a slight pain, but only for a couple of minutes and then deflated.
Over time this strategy will move both your discomfort level and your pain level.

Good luck.
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:02 pm

Yes you're right, my inflation / deflation skills suck big time right now. I'm having to unlearn the habits developed with the first implant. Today I switched to the right hand and though a bit awkward, I can already feel that it's going to be much easier, given the position of the pump. For the time being it does mean that it's kind of a temporary setback as I have to pinch the bulb slightly differently so the scrotum skin is again quite sensitive. But it's definitely the right decision.

One thing I really noticed today is that the swelling has gone down completely in the scrotum. I can feel the pump so easily now. Also it feels so loose and is unattached to the skin. The first implant pump was permanently stuck to the skin. What a contrast in the craftsmanship. I'm so pleased that I chose Eid in the end as he's done a great job.

I also cycled twice today and that's what I'll be doing from now on. I have seen a slight increase in length and girth. I expect this to accelerate once I get better at inflating and also from cycling twice daily. I feel I'm getting pretty close to full recovery. Definite improvement since last week. Feeling really good these days.
Developed ED at 32.

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:33 pm

Congratulations on that! :-D

Justiciero

Postby Justiciero » Fri May 20, 2016 1:45 am

Hi Moetheman.

How is your recuperatión?

Do you recover your size?

Cheers.

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:43 am

Hi Guys,

Sorry, have been off FT for a while. I was always planning on coming back to post but just needed some time out for a while. I was feeling great after the implant and wanted to focus on trying to get my life together. I started working out more regularly and taking care of myself more. The confidence started growing and the self-esteem started returning. However it wasn't such great news on the relationship front and it was lagging far behind (nothing to do with the implant itself). Therefore I didn't have much to update in terms of experience with using the implant. I don't really want to use Franktalk to discuss marital issues so another reason I avoided FT for a while.

I had the opportunity to lose my implant virginity finally with my wife last week and initially I was worried about the implant and also wanted to take it easy for the first test drive. I think it will take a little while to get used to it and one of the things I kept thinking was that the implant isn't as hard as I thought. I'm sure this is just mental conditioning from the ED days but it's quite strong and will take some time to shake off. It started improving slightly with subsequent sessions however I used more thrusting in the last session and my balls seem to be sore and a bit swollen since then. I've given it a break for the past few days and things seem to be improving slowly. Even though it's been 11 weeks I was surprised at being a bit sore, but I think it makes sense as intercourse is a new stressor so it will take a little while everything to adapt to the new stimulus.

As for size, I haven't really been cycling aggressively as I was okay with the length this time. Secondly, the right tip seemed to go up quite high into the glans and I was a bit worried for a while about erosion. However I think it is sitting perfectly as I've had no issues with the glans during intercourse. The left tip is ever so slightly lower but it's not really an issue. The penis itself is completely straight when inflated and the angle is slightly better than before (3:00). Even naturally I only had a 3:00 so this is a non-issue. There are no folds when I inflate, however there are are definitely there when flaccid. These will get softer (as predicted by Eid) but I need to start cycling a bit more aggressively, especially as I've seen that merrix has had good results from doing so.

So overall the experience has been mixed so far and it feels a bit awkward initially (especially when initiating sex) but I'm confident that it will keep improving. I'm glad I had the procedure done but it's not exactly what I had imagined. However I can see that this can easily restore intimacy between couples. It's not even necessarily the sex but also the intimacy and playfulness which are restored.
Developed ED at 32.

Return to “Implants”