My Journal

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
archway

Re: My Journal

Postby archway » Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:11 am

Merrix: Is the first picture totally deflated ? Reason I ask is Dr. Eid did my Titan one year ago and deflated it hangs strait down (slight left curve) and vey pliable. Erect is strait as an arrow. Dr. Eid did a fantastic job and at my age ( 65 ) I'm extremely pleased. I may send a pic if I can figure out how to do it in a future post as a testament to Dr. Eid's work.
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:06 am

alibaba wrote:I hope your wife is low mileage as you may put some miles on her now! :D

Alibaba, you are extremely funny! :D
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

merrix

Postby merrix » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:15 pm

archway wrote:Merrix: Is the first picture totally deflated ? Reason I ask is Dr. Eid did my Titan one year ago and deflated it hangs strait down (slight left curve) and vey pliable. Erect is strait as an arrow. Dr. Eid did a fantastic job and at my age ( 65 ) I'm extremely pleased. I may send a pic if I can figure out how to do it in a future post as a testament to Dr. Eid's work.

Yes I would say it is. I have had my learning curve on the deflating. I am pretty sure it is totally deflated.
I don't think a 9 weeks and a one year flaccid are comparable. My flaccid is getting better week by week and 43 weeks from now it will be even better. I think.

But thanks for letting me know. That is good news. I look forward to having a flaccid like you describe.

And speaking of Eid - he is the king.
The more I read and hear, the more convinced I am that he really is the best among the best.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

moetheman

Postby moetheman » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:43 pm

Merrix when you said you have a monster, you weren't wrong :o It looks longer than 6.5". Thanks for sharing the photos, Eid has done a really good job.

Its a bit depressing to see that my flaccid is almost half the size. Eid should be to restore some length for me. I would be worried about hiding such a large flaccid, especially in the early days when it points upwards. I don't know how you managed it really :lol:
Developed ED at 32.
11/20/15 implanted with a botched Titan Coloplast 18cm + 3cm by urologynow.co.uk
03/23/16 Revision by Dr Eid - implanted a Titan Coloplast 24cm
04/08/16 Started cycling the implant

username_taken29

Postby username_taken29 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 3:26 pm

Merrix

Thanks for posting your detailed account and highlighting both the pros and cons of the surgery

For a 30 year old on the verge of thinking about an implant, your frank account encouraged me to put the surgery off whereas many on this board would have vehemently rushed me into doing the procedure.

I am now enjoying some good sex after making lifestyle changes and I appreciate you always being honest and upfront.

Very glad things are working out for you.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:48 am

username_taken29 wrote:For a 30 year old on the verge of thinking about an implant, your frank account encouraged me to put the surgery off whereas many on this board would have vehemently rushed me into doing the procedure. I am now enjoying some good sex after making lifestyle changes

Sooner or later you'll need an implant. I mean you have problems at such young age already.
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

PFracture

Postby PFracture » Fri Feb 19, 2016 1:27 am

Merrix:

Like others said before, thank you so much for such an in depth detail at your procedure and thoughts on this. I found it amazing how someone that i don't know can have such a programatic approach like me at certain situations. Kudos for that, and the photos. I have been following your posts since the sclerotherapy thread (which i've read all throughly). I hope that till your implant wears off, you have a fullfiling sexlife from now on.

I also have the very strong possibility to travel to New York in the near future, so i am definitely considering Dr. Eid if i decide to go for an implant in the future after reading your thread.

Again: thank you so much!

username_taken29

Postby username_taken29 » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:02 am

Lol and there you go....I encourage any on-the-fence readers of this forum to be very careful of posters like this. They will say anything to make you feel like you are making the right decision without even being open to any other alternatives. Shame on you.

strongagain wrote:
username_taken29 wrote:For a 30 year old on the verge of thinking about an implant, your frank account encouraged me to put the surgery off whereas many on this board would have vehemently rushed me into doing the procedure. I am now enjoying some good sex after making lifestyle changes

Sooner or later you'll need an implant. I mean you have problems at such young age already.

archway

Postby archway » Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 am

Attached are pics after one year post op. Titan 22cm with R 1cm RTE. Many posts deal with healing issues days and weeks after surgery however I suggest being patient. Healing takes longer than many anticipate. At 65 I am very happy with the outcome and thankful I chose Dr. Eid.
Attachments
WP_20160217_07_21_01_Selfie.jpg
WP_20160217_07_21_01_Selfie.jpg (128.84 KiB) Viewed 3425 times
WP_20160217_06_54_06_Selfie.jpg
WP_20160217_06_54_06_Selfie.jpg (77.85 KiB) Viewed 3419 times
WP_20160217_06_53_22_Selfie.jpg
WP_20160217_06_53_22_Selfie.jpg (99.01 KiB) Viewed 3418 times
Archway 64 years old married 43 yrs
Venous Leak 15 + years Tried everything to no avail
2/2015 Titan 22cm RT 1cm R RTE
Dr Eid NY NY

merrix

10 weeks update

Postby merrix » Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:31 pm

So it's been 10 weeks since I went under the knife in New York and Dr. Eid put an implant in my dick. 
It feels like it has already been a long journey, much longer than the paltry 10 weeks. This is such a big thing to go through, both physically and mentally, and all the hope and despair associated with both pre and post op time consumes a lot of one’s energy. 

At 10 weeks, things are progressing really well I think. Looking back at my healing process, I had two absolutely terrible first weeks where I could not even get out of bed without suffering from really bad pain. Third week was almost as bad.

Weeks 4-6 showed fast progress, but my mood was still severely negatively affected by the restrictions the implant put on me in terms of tenderness (i.e. reduced mobility) and the way I had to struggle to hide my 4 o'clock flaccid. And probably, the three first horrible weeks put my mood off as well.

Weeks 7-8 were clearly better and I felt less hindered in everyday life. Sex was also starting to get a lot better. Less numbness = more feeling and more pleasure. I also felt less tenderness during and after sex. 

Weeks 9-10 have seen me taking another step on the long road to complete recovery. I am sure things will keep getting better from here on as well, but I can say that if things would stay the way they are now, I would actually be ok. 
Sex is so much better on average than before. It is a great feeling of being able to go on as long as I want, and not as long as my ED dick lets me. It is furthermore great not having to worry even before the sex about how today’s form will be. Just knowing that things will work is great. Why I said that sex is much better on average is because I still think that my best pre-op erection gave a better feeling than what my implant-erection does.
But – my implant erection sex feeling is getting better by the week, and maybe I will get to the same level of feeling as I had on my best day before.
And furthermore, the comparison with my best pre-op erection is not fair. Now my erection is constant. There is no good day and no bad day. Before, there was a huge span from great to no erection at all.
When it comes to outside the bedroom, the last two weeks have shown great progress as I said. I barely have any negative impact from my implant anymore. If my dick ends up in a weird position in my pants and I bend over to tie my shoes, it will be awkward but not painful. I am not bothered by the size of the flaccid much more. It’s probably a combination of it getting softer and me getting used to it. My flaccid is now pointing at around 4:30-5:00 and that’s ok. It keeps getting softer week by week.
The only discomfort/pain comes from when I pump to the max. I will still feel some pain in my tip and perineal area. However, the tip pain is only there when I do the cycling pumping with no sex. With arousal there will be no tip pain, but still some perineal area pain/discomfort.
This could of course be a bad sign (of oversizing) and in worst case it could be a problem for the future. However, as long as things stay at this level or improves I am ok. If it starts getting worse, I should get worried.

All in all, this means I am for sure on track and I have no regrets.

I would also like to say that lately I think the whole climate on FT has changed. Looking back 4-5 months, when I started my research on implants, it was different. There weren’t many critical posts, not even questions about problems. And when there was, there were always a few quick replies saying either that “Just give it time, all will be ok. Implant is Fantastic”, or “Don’t scare people, you are just one of the few odd freaks who’s got problems. 98% are happy so shut up”.
There was even people who never used their implant for sex who gave confident advice to men half their age to just get it done.
I must say that had I visited this forum for the first time now and starting my research, I would probably have hesitated a lot more. There are several posts here now from people who do have all sorts of issues. Except for my horrible first 2-3 weeks of post-op pain, I think I have been lucky with my outcome. On the other hand I don’t think it is only luck. With implants, as in life, one has to create one’s luck. I did all I could by choosing (one of) the absolutely best surgeon(s) in the world. And that sure improved my chances of being ‘lucky’.
But just because I have experienced good results so far, it doesn’t mean I am in the clear. Anything can still happen, I know that. I just keep taking it week by week and trying not to think too much about the whole thing. Just enjoying the worry-free and good sex. And enjoying the satisfaction of knowing that any woman I see, I could do…

Till next time
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”