Ongoing scrotal pain

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
jonkchicago

Ongoing scrotal pain

Postby jonkchicago » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:27 pm

It's been 8 weeks since my surgery. I still get a lot of scrotal pain. Feels like the part where the inflation/deflation device scrapes against the sides of the top part of the scrotal sack and can feel pressure when I sit from the tubing going up from the inflation device to the implants. I'm wondering if any other guys had this? I'm really afraid this is going to be an ongoing problem. If so, I would really advise any guys considering implants to really think twice before going ahead. I had this done by one of the "expert" doctors for this surgery in Chicago so it's not due to the fact that my surgeon was not experienced in this. Any advice? My surgeon's office isn't a lot of help.

Thanks

Jon

hard drive

Re: Ongoing scrotal pain

Postby hard drive » Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:40 pm

Jon,

There's no need to feed the fear for others. It's not that uncommon and it doesn't have to be an ongoing issue at all. You should go back to your doctor and have him check it out. You may need a revision to relocate the pump or tubing. It's not a big deal to do that, it's easy for the doctor (and pretty common too)' and pretty easy on you too. It's quick and there is very little pain involved, nothing like getting a full implant. I've had almost a dozen implants and almost all of them required a revision to move the pump.

If your doctor won't help you, find another one.
harddrive

jonkchicago

Postby jonkchicago » Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:03 am

Hard drive,

The only problem is, that I needed a special referral to get this doctor and due to an incorrect wording in the referral, I am having issues getting the initial surgery covered. So I am not sure, I could get my insurance to cover the cost of another surgery if indeed they agree to pay for the initial one. And I cannot afford to pay for another one, especially if I am having to pay some of the initial one.

I just wanted to let others know that there can be complications that have not been addressed on here. If I had read about this, I certainly would have thought twice about going through with it.

Jon

RelievedofED1

Postby RelievedofED1 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:00 am

jonkchicago wrote:It's been 8 weeks since my surgery. I still get a lot of scrotal pain. Feels like the part where the inflation/deflation device scrapes against the sides of the top part of the scrotal sack and can feel pressure when I sit from the tubing going up from the inflation device to the implants. I'm wondering if any other guys had this? I'm really afraid this is going to be an ongoing problem. If so, I would really advise any guys considering implants to really think twice before going ahead. I had this done by one of the "expert" doctors for this surgery in Chicago so it's not due to the fact that my surgeon was not experienced in this. Any advice? My surgeon's office isn't a lot of help.

Thanks

Jon

It is still too early to know if the discomfort will require revision at only 8 weeks. Usually any post op visits are covered under a 90 day global payment window for the surgery. A recheck shouldnt add to the bill but suspect the docs office may be assuming this is something that will just take time. Many of the guys here talk about discomfort that lasts for months but gradually gets better and better as the area arounnd the implant part becomes used to the foreign bodies. Soaks in tub and gentle massage have helped some as well. Good luck with the pain the insurance issues are adding to your life as that isnt helping either I'm sure.
66 year old with ED intermittently for years and consistently for the 2 years before implant. Tried everything. AMS CX 21cm+1 cm RTEs Dr Kramer 4/29/2015.
Revision 5/3/2021 AMS CX 700 21cm+2 cm RTEs.
Revision 2022 Titan XL 24 cm no RTEs.

strongagain

Postby strongagain » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:42 am

I've had almost a dozen implants and almost all of them required a revision to move the pump.

There are a lot of shit doctors around :shock:
Born in 1950, ED since 2007 (colon cancer)
08/2015 Titan Zero Degree 22 cm + 3 cm RTE
Dr. Leiber, Freiburg, Germany
6.5" x 5.7" - Very happy with implant

Living in Freiburg, Germany

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:43 pm

Strongagain, I agree with you 100% about that and being I've been to many practitioners in nearly every field of medicine, I can say the urologists are the worst. 2/3rds are crackers but when you get a good one, hang on to them till you or they die and do not hesitate to fire your doctor and search for a good one. I have a list of doctors I will never see again, 1/2 I think my wife would throw me out if I tried to see them. Bad doc make it bad for everyone even those around us who are not the patient. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:03 pm

StrongAgain wrote:
I've had almost a dozen implants and almost all of them required a revision to move the pump.

There are a lot of shit doctors around :shock:

Amen to that brother, you are preaching to a living example of what can go wrong. The key is doing good research and getting the best doc. for the job.
harddrive

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:14 pm

alibaba wrote:when you get a good one, hang on to them till you or they die and do not hesitate to fire your doctor and search for a good one. I have a list of doctors I will never see again, 1/2 I think my wife would throw me out if I tried to see them. Bad doc make it bad for everyone even those around us who are not the patient. d

Exactly right, and I fully understand the difficulty in getting things approved. The VA is just as difficult if not more than most other providers for this type of surgery. Red tape is a bitch, but revising pump location shouldn't be. It's beyond common and something I already resolve to accept before the implant procedure is ever done. I plan on it being the case everytime and if it's not needed I'm surprised and elated. For me however, I think I've got the one that will finally last long term.
harddrive

palace01

Postby palace01 » Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:09 pm

Hard Drive:- WHY have you needed a dozen implants?? Is that normal for others? Probably wrongly I assumed that if I got a successful one then it would last for life?
Age 73
Apr-15-14. RP-Pills, Injections No help. VED(almost old size in tube).
Feb-12-16, Dr Cornell, AMS-CX "18+4" LOTS PROBLEMS!
Jul-6-16 Dr Khera ColoPlast "20+1" Very Unhappy with very short length/width but Dr insists correct

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:31 am

Incompetent inexperienced dodos who take no pride in their work doing implants apparently. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

Return to “Implants”