Penis doesn't fill when pumped Anyone else had this problem?

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
charlesr

Penis doesn't fill when pumped Anyone else had this problem?

Postby charlesr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:47 pm

I have a Titan Touch Zero Degree 18cm plus 1 RE. When I squeeze the bulb, there's a lot of gurgling, but the cylinders don't inflate. I saw my urologist and he did a lot of manipulating and got it to work for the first time after 12 weeks. I was able to do the same thing for about three times by squeezing the release valve and alternating the release then squeezing the penis, then pumping, then doing that a few times (mimicking the same maneuvers as did the urologist). It was very random. But then I would hear a weird sound and have an equally weird feeling and then it worked. But after three successes the thing now doesn't work at all. It just gurgles and does not fill.

Does anyone else have this problem? I'm open for suggestions.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

hard drive

Re: Penis doesn't fill when pumped Anyone else had this problem?

Postby hard drive » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:53 pm

That doesn't sound good at all. I've had a couple of pump failures and one of them behaved like yours. You need to make yet another visit to your urologist and nail this problem down. If it does turn out to be a pump failure, it's a quick fix to install a new one. Nothing like a full implant procedure. Let's just hope it's not that... Go back to the Doc and figure this thing out ASAP.
harddrive

Seeking

Postby Seeking » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:02 pm

hard drive - when you say it's alot more minor, do you mean the entire implant doesn't have to come out?

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:46 pm

Seeking wrote:hard drive - when you say it's alot more minor, do you mean the entire implant doesn't have to come out?

Exactly.
harddrive

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:28 pm

Okay, now I realize that I am driving all of you as well as my urologist crazy. I got the thing to work again by entering a convoluted set of maneuvers. I squeezed the release button sharply four times and then the pump immediately worked!

I guess I'm once again asking you folks out there if this is something that anyone else has encountered. I would love to obviously avoid surgery, but this implant has currently manifested a low level of reliability. Or am I just lousy at this technique? Sorry guys (and gals), I need your feedback again.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:33 pm

charlesr wrote:Okay, now I realize that I am driving all of you as well as my urologist crazy. I got the thing to work again by entering a convoluted set of maneuvers. I squeezed the release button sharply four times and then the pump immediately worked!

I guess I'm once again asking you folks out there if this is something that anyone else has encountered. I would love to obviously avoid surgery, but this implant has currently manifested a low level of reliability. Or am I just lousy at this technique? Sorry guys (and gals), I need your feedback again.

I've had several Titan OTR pumps and never had anything like your articulated procedure to make it work. I'm guessing the "Touch" is different than the "OTR" (One Touch Release), but I can't imagine it was designed to be like opening up a Chinese puzzle box.

You need to demonstrate your difficulties to your urologist and see what he says.
harddrive

KMeister

Postby KMeister » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:13 am

charlesr wrote:Okay, now I realize that I am driving all of you as well as my urologist crazy. I got the thing to work again by entering a convoluted set of maneuvers. I squeezed the release button sharply four times and then the pump immediately worked!

My urologist told me a few patients who had the Coloplast OTR complained about inflating problems to the point that he decided not to use that particular model anymore.

KMeister

woodturner

Postby woodturner » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:46 am

I have had some problems with my OTR as well. The solution I came up with for myself are:

* When deflating I push down on the release button the whole time. After I am done deflating I give it one quick squeeze.

* If I forgot to do the step above and I want to Inflate, I push down on the release button real hard for about 5 seconds, then I inflate.

I don't know if this will help you but I doubt it will hurt anything to give it a try.
Total ED since a 6/2010 RPA. Pills and injections didn't work. 2nd revision with a Coloplast Titan (24CM w & 2CM RTEs)on 12/15/2022. 68 years old

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:04 am

Seems like the pump is the most problematic part of either brand of implant. Mine seems to work as advertised but still requires considerable pressure.

I wonder how an electric wi fi pump would work? There could be an Apple and an Android smartphone app to control the pump for inflate and deflate functions as well as determine how much to pump. It might be a problem if you got hacked though. Remote control by your partner over the internet? The possibilities are endless.

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:25 am

I would get someone from a foreign country remotely operating my pump and then the long awaited solar EMT burst would occur knocking out all of Earth's electrical infrastructure and my penis would be locked into the erect position permanently.

That's a bad thing, right?

Return to “Implants”