Salvage Due To Infection

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
Seeking

Salvage Due To Infection

Postby Seeking » Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:49 am

When a salvage operation occurs due to infection, is it the norm that the inflatable is swapped with a malleable for 'x' amount of time before the operation is re-attempted, or can you have more favourable cases where the implant is simply swapped instantly with a 'clean' replacement? Better still, are any infection cases treatable with meds and thus do not require an op?

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated - infection bothers me alot more than losing size at this stage so I'm trying to find out all I can about the ramifications of getting infected.

chedog

Re: Salvage Due To Infection

Postby chedog » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:20 pm

I can provide a bit of insight through my example though it isn't precisely what you were asking about....

When I had the IPP (Titan Coloplast) removed in June 2015 eight weeks after the surgery, my doc thought it was NOT an infection but instead a "rejection," specifically of the pump in the scrotum. That proved to be true as extensive culturing of the viscous clear liquid that caused the removal showed no bacteria.

Nevertheless, I had no more IPP (very disappointing) and the replacement was a malleable semi-rigid (also Titan). My and the doctor's hope that might prove satisfactory for intercourse proved false as it isn't firm enough for penetration, even with the arousal, and my wife and I have been celibate since June.

However, as planned, I'm back for surgery in two weeks now, with an AMS 700 IPP. I'm hoping -- we're hoping -- when inflated fully it will be firmer and thus work. There was no option for immediate replacement since the doctor was being cautious about infection at the removal. But she was glad to be able to put in the semi-rigid (she wasn't sure that would be the case, the other option being nothing in there and vacuum pumping for the next surgery) because it kept things from closing up until this upcoming surgery.

Though I'm not a happy camper, and neither is my wife (just last night she said she wished we could fuck NOW -- I didn't have complete ED before the surgery so we remember the Good Old Days), I accept the situation and I'm glad the salvage wasn't for an infection (though I don't like all the antibiotics they pumped into me and then I swallowed -- probiotics help). Looking forward to a better reuslt this time around!

Hope that helps.

Anonymous 3

Postby Anonymous 3 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:29 pm

All the best with your upcoming surgery. I don't know what model of AMS700 you are getting, but I have the LGX and it gets extremely rigid, much harder than my natural erections although it has been so long since I last had one of those I don't really remember. The best part for my wife? A never fail erection!

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:05 pm

Seeking wrote:When a salvage operation occurs due to infection, is it the norm that the inflatable is swapped with a malleable for 'x' amount of time before the operation is re-attempted, or can you have more favourable cases where the implant is simply swapped instantly with a 'clean' replacement? Better still, are any infection cases treatable with meds and thus do not require an op?

Any info at all would be greatly appreciated - infection bothers me alot more than losing size at this stage so I'm trying to find out all I can about the ramifications of getting infected.

It's not unusual to put in a malleable but it's not the best choice. It's just cheap and easy. Been there, done that. Also had a clean out, and new IPP directly replaced. It's all case by case and depends on your particular situation.

Some infection cases can be treated with medication but it's a low success rate AFAIK. It didn't work for me.

I have the AMS 700 LGX and it gets rock hard.
harddrive

Seeking

Postby Seeking » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:53 am

Hard drive - could you just outline for us your infection/re-implant story please? Many thanks.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:08 pm

Seeking wrote:Hard drive - could you just outline for us your infection/re-implant story please? Many thanks.

I don't have time at the moment, but if you search for posts by me, you'll find my complete history.
harddrive

Return to “Implants”