Looking for likes/ dislikes those who had infrapubic implant

The final frontier. Deciding when, if and how.
alibaba

Looking for likes/ dislikes those who had infrapubic implant

Postby alibaba » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:09 am

Looking for input from guys whose implant was installed infrapubicly instead of scrotally. Dr. Milam insists on installing my implant infrascrotally, provided I get a date to do it. I have heard one guy say no issues, I've heard of tubing kinks that keep a cylinder or the pump from working, I heard the tubes can be seen and felt when it is put in this way and a couple of guys said it made their pump to high to get hold of.I've heard of shorter cylinders due to this approach though Dr. Milam said he can use longer ones this way. For those who had the upper approach, what is you opinion of it now? Any likes or dislikes?
Thanks guys. d
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

jimco236

Re: Looking for likes/ dislikes those who had infrapubic implant

Postby jimco236 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:03 pm

Mine was done that way about three months ago. The only problem I had was that the stitch line bubbled up for a while as
the stitches dissolved. I think it made the pump easier to operate because the incision is much higher. I never experienced
swelling or bruising and was off pain meds on the second day after surgery.

hard drive

Postby hard drive » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:09 pm

I've been implanted many times and every type of approach has been used.

Dr. Milam did my infrapubic implant and it's by far the best result I've ever had. You can't go wrong with Dr. Milam. He is a true implant artist. Trust him and be happy. He does not use a shorter implant for infrapubic, and my pump (for the first time) is placed perfectly (without revision needed).

Oh, and the tubes (for me) are not noticeable at all with Dr. Milams work. I can't say that about any other ipp surgery I've had.
Last edited by hard drive on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
harddrive

ED2013

Postby ED2013 » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:05 pm

I had mine done infrapubic as well. Advantages over penoscrotal are faster healing time and less pain. You've got a good surgeon. That's the key. I recommended anybody looking to be implanted to go with a top surgeon, and let the surgeon use whatever method they prefer. Most surgeons prefer one method over the other as well as one brand of implant over another.

alibaba

Postby alibaba » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Thank you very much for your input. Seems you always hear of the bad experiences but not the good. Makes me feel more confident. All day today while working I was asking myself if I should try again to get into Eid since he prefers scrotal. With this input, I am ready to schedule a date with Dr. Milan if Phyllis calls. Dr. Milam seems like a very nice guy. d
Last edited by alibaba on Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
LGX 21cm .Milam 01/13/16. Horror; both service and surgical outcome. hated infrapubic installation. Kramer revision 03/01/17. 22cm Titan +1.5cm extender. Those who think their opinion is the only one that matters are a danger to themselves and others.

LMCatman

Postby LMCatman » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:23 pm

My first (botched) implant was peri-scrotal. I chose my surgeon poorly and he implanted me poorly. The incision itself was never really a problem but the many other problems led to a revision one year later. Dr. Paul Perito (I say again "My Hero").... used the infra-pubic method (his specialty, I think) to remove the first implant and reservoir and (miraculously!!!) install a new Titan. I occasionally laugh at the term "Titan", 'cause mine is certainly not a "Titan"....but it is a "great little fucker"....

The expertise of the surgeon is far more important the the method he prefers..............my opinion..........

Good luck!!
73 Years old. RP Oct 2010, No erections after, Botched Titan implant April, 2013, Successful Titan revision, April , 2014 by Dr. Paul Perito, Miami. Titan failure Feb 2017. Rev. by Dr Perito March 1st, 2017. Titan failure Nov 2020. New Titan January 2021

billylee

Postby billylee » Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:07 pm

Milam is certainly one of the best, my original choice, but took his office's advice to Morey due to some scheduling issues. I would just do as he say do....completely. if, for you, he suggest scrotal, then go with it.
Good Luck.
B
Last edited by billylee on Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
72, ED & PE worsened with age, TURP 2008, Prostrate 1.71, T-559,
Coloplast Titan OTR 21 cm (20+1 cm rear tip extender) on 3/11/2014 by Dr. Allan Morey UT-SW Medical/Dallas

charlesr

Postby charlesr » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:14 pm

I had the infrapubic and am very happy with it. The scar does not interfere with pumping and is barely visible through a minimum amount of pubic hair. My Surgeon was Dr. Robert Kaplinsky out of Lutheran General in Park Ridge outside of Chicago.
Born 1951. Radical Robotic Prostatectomy on October 6, 2013. Bionic with Titan Touch with Bioflex Zero Degree 18cm w/ (1) rte Implant, Infrapubic, on July 13, 2015.

galderson44

Postby galderson44 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:02 pm

I am using DR. Karpman and will have surgery in 3 weeks. I met with him yesterday and what a personable person. He uses the infra pubic approach and says to trust him and to just follow his instructions (protocol) and things will work out great. He says he uses the infra pubic incision because of less discomfort and faster healing. He claims sex in 3 weeks. I will follow up in 4 weeks and let everyone know how things went.
I am 74 years old and live near San Diego, CA. Had my 3 piece implant done 3 years ago by DR. Karpman. Due to MS I no longer have feeling in my hands and am no longer able to inflate. "ANY HELP" would be greatly appreciated!

merrix

Postby merrix » Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:50 pm

http://www.jurology.com/article/S0022-5347(15)01397-X/fulltext

As always, I think differences between different choices (insertion method, implant brand etc) is a minor issue. More important is how well the surgeon perform and how well the patient follows his protocols.

We will always find individual surgeons saying that method X is better than method Y, and Brand A is better than Brand B. They may or may not believe so, but even if is their true belief, it doesn't mean they are right or wrong.
Many successful people in different fields are equally successful but have different methods to achieve their success. Look at sports coaches for example. One can choose an offensive, skill-based, quick tactics, while another equally successful team is managed by a coach advocating a defensive, physical game.
Is one better than the other? Evidently not. It is just two different ways to achieve results. Each coach following his way and he would not have success if following another philosophy.

Regarding faster healing time as ED2013 says, I don't believe in that either. I have spoken to (and seen with my own eyes) Eid scrotal insertion patients who were inflating in 3-4 days with minimal swelling and pain.
So again, I think there are good and bad examples of healing time with both methods. Method is not the number one factor. Surgeon skill, random variation, and pre-conditions are.
43 yo, ED forever from VL
Fit and active
Implanted December 2015
Titan XL 24 cm, no RTEs
Dr. Eid
Activated day 13
Sex after 3 weeks
Gained length and girth
So far It works perfectly
Only one advice: Find a world class surgeon

Return to “Implants”